Double your yield, with double the plants

420boogie

If u were to exchange plants every 12 hours while running your lights 24/7 then you would have like 2 bud rooms off of one light...2-12 hour cycles a day. It would taike up your time and you would have to be there every 12 hours but to some of us this is good info if u only have one light and u want to make the most of it:grinjoint:

Cool Thinkin' :hmmmm: You couldn't leave for more than 12 hours, Cost of flowering will double right (elec.).. good or bad? What scares me the 12 hour thing,if ANYthing keeps you from that exchange every 12 hours you could lose Two crops of flowerin' plant right? Still it can be done just don't stray to far from grow room. Something to ponder right. :peace::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I am new to growing and have yet to complete my first grow, but i wanted to get a head start on my second grow and didnt want to go out and buy another light set up (currently I have a 5 plants under 1k hps/mh light) since i spent so much on the initial setup. I started 4 new clones and i move them into the flowering room and under the 1k light after the lights come up and out just before they go out and put the clones back under a cfl for the balance of the time. this maximizes my 1k light - so my clones are getting say 11 hours of 1k light and 7 hours of cfl light.

yeah I came up with this concept while pondering about using one light instead of 2. It is kind of a hassle but if ur dedicated enuf it will be worth it. Thanks for all the kind words guys and I will post any new ideas i come up with.
cheers

Not a bad concept. Definitely a hassle, but it seems conceivable depending upon the size of the plants/pots and the #. Interesting. I'm thinking a SOC on wheels, 2 sets. Wheel one out and the other in. I can see this working on a large scale w/almost zero room for error.

excellent. three chambers side by side, two sliding doors like on a restaraunt dishwasher, with the lights in the middle chamber. lights on 24/7 and a sliding plant tray that pushes the lighted plants out to the left side dark room, and brings in plants from the right side dark room into replace them for the next 12 hour cycle. Process reverses every 12 hours of course, and the doors and track for the plants would have to be mechanized and put on 12/12 timer to make it easy, but it will be done, mark my words. Also, a circular grow box that rotates like a lazy susan with a partition wall down the center and lights stationed on one side has me thinking too.... :nicethread: :nicethread: :nicethread:

k here's an update folks. if you were to create a little hole that u can use velcro to close back once u slide your light through u wouldnt have to move plants! Just create your own wall.

just create a wall so u dont have to move plants. WAY easier. move the light. like have like a closet pole or something that the light slides across threw a lil' hole to the other grow space

dude awesum signature. how small u growin?

Glad you like it 420. I saw it on a bumper sticker and had to use it. Looking to do a grow tent. I do not have hid lighting (yet). If I go with the 2'x4'x6' tent I was think ing going with 2 250watt lights and two rubbermaid Deep Water Culture (I was oringinally going to do a pvc spray system) with 6-9 plants each. My babies are 2 days old and will be ordering tent in day or two and lights in a week and a half.

Question to save money would a 400 watt cover a 2x4 area or am I better with the 2 250s.

400w is plenty. i'm using 430hps for 3'x3'x2' tall (3x3x2+18ft) 430/18=23.8 w per sq ft.but i dont understand how people measure lighting this way. If the light is bright then it will work. some claim u need like 40w per ft

..but i dont understand how people measure lighting this way. If the light is bright then it will work. some claim u need like 40w per ft

interesting question..

since every type of light is different those wattage equations don't sit right with me. if you were to put 40w per ft, would it be square ft or cubic feet? i think cubic feet since plants grow up in height a foot or more as well. the same 40w area is different now when using a cfl then it is a hps system.

you have factor in the way the light is projected and then it's really complicated. a cfl bulb will lose 1/4 of it's 'luminosity' after only traveling 12" and keeps dropping so you have to keep the bulbs close to the plants to get the same effect as the hps from yards away which holds it wavelengths more efficiently. so depending on the type of bulb you can get way different results even if they are the same wattage putting out the same lumens.

it get even deeper from there so i'll leave it at that and you can see what i mean by wikipedia'ng the word 'lumen'.

Velcro suspended plastic wall

just create a wall so u dont have to move plants. WAY easier. move the light. like have like a closet pole or something that the light slides across threw a lil' hole to the other grow space

Click the follow my grow (completed) link in my signature. I constructed a wall that was used a whole flowering cycle in a similar fashion. check it out and c if its what u may have had in mind.

Back
Top Bottom