Drooping Clone - Need Help!

Brianaan

Hi guys,

We are absolutely new to growing and recently bought 3 clones about 4 days ago. The other two seem to be doing fine but the Grape Ape Strain has started to droop tremendously. We watered it when we first put it in the soil and was doing good until two days ago. can anyone tell me why it's drooping so much?
first day
image17531.jpg

Fourth day
image17532.jpg

Indica/Sativa: Indica
Mixture: 70% organic soil, 30% perlite
Lighting: 150w over three plants
Ventilation: Desktop fan for venilation
Temperature/Humidity: High 76 - Low 58, 74%
Watering: When the soil becomes dry

Not optimal, but we're doing the best we can. Thank You!

Re: DROOPING CLONE- Need Help!

When you say "Clone", do you mean rooted clone, or just a cutting with no roots?
Get some sort of humidity dome and cover it. It needs moisture thru the leaves when it's trying to create roots.
I use a clear Solo cup with a small hole in the top... just to cover the plant and keep moisture on the leaves. Some folks use plastic bags in a pinch.

It is a rooted clone, but thanks, I will try that today and see if we have any change to it.

My money says it pops right back up with no problems. As soon as it gets settled in, you can remove the humidity dome... maybe start with a few hours off for the first day or two to make sure there is no further drooping.
This incident is an indication that your roots are not fully established yet and the plant is not taking in water from the soil yet.
How are your temps? You should be at 80f.

Might be overwatered? It's good to let younger plants get relatively dry so the roots grow out to find more moisture. I'd say try to get your light closer, depending on its current distance. Try to keep your temps above 65F at all times, anything under this stresses the plant to a degree. Whats the size of the room? Your fan might be too small?

It doesn't look beyond help. I bet if you find a humidity dome with enough height, it will pop right back up. You might mist it with some PH 6.8 water as well.

My money says it pops right back up with no problems. As soon as it gets settled in, you can remove the humidity dome... maybe start with a few hours off for the first day or two to make sure there is no further drooping.
This incident is an indication that your roots are not fully established yet and the plant is not taking in water from the soil yet.
How are your temps? You should be at 80f.

What Tead said, sooner than later. Distance your light a little and keep it directly above until she recovers, it can take a couple days sometimes before they rise.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I found the biggest container I had, and placed it over the plant around 9 this morning. I just checked on it about 15 minutes ago and it's doing much better! Thanks! In going to try to find something taller, but I just wanted to see if this was what causing the drooping.
image17555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom