Drying & Curing Questions

JBVT

Hi All, I am hoping for some more advice.. I am on day 9 drying my buds. No snapping of stems yet. The buds ARE drying slowly, which is what I want to happen per what I've read. I know plants vary, but how long should it take for my buds to reach the point that they go into jars to cure? Also, I am not home all day long and won't be able to vent the jars until late in the afternoon. Is this going to be a problem? I appreciate any feedback on this! Thanks!

Welcome JBVT, depends on humidity and air movement but mine usually goes a week or so before they get jarred up. Once a day burping at first is fine, time of day isn't importan.

Thanks for your response PW. They are in a dark, air conditioned room. They really don't seem dry enough yet to jar up, so I guess I'll be patient. Not one of my strong points!!

If your RH (relative humidity) is higher than the point you wish to dry them to, they won’t dry enough. They will only dry to the RH of your drying area. Use a hygrometer to show what that RH is.

If your RH (relative humidity) is higher than the point you wish to dry them to, they won’t dry enough. They will only dry to the RH of your drying area. Use a hygrometer to show what that RH is.

That makes sense. I jarred them up last night. Thanks for responding to my question. Much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom