DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

If I can do this in a dorm room type refrigerator, I've got an empty one that I can plug in and get going. I have a harvest coming up in a week or so... my first .. so getting to smoke it sooner would be fan-frigging-tastic! .

I have a "bar" sized fridge that I think I will do this with. I won't be able to use my large pans. They won't fit. But I will come up with something. I have at least 10 more days till next chop. I would rather have it in a dedicated small fridge then in the kitchen fridge. :circle-of-love::peace:

eythelene gas - Google Search

I placed 1 or 2 ripe whole bananas (they may attract fruit flies) in my small tent with the flowering girls in the 4x4 tent.
when i ate the bananas left the skins for a day or 2..

I did this same time as my trials w/ Low and Slow during IMO, 11/15-4/16 in my journal.

The flies would be my biggest concern. :circle-of-love::peace:

I have a "bar" sized fridge that I think I will do this with. I won't be able to use my large pans. They won't fit. But I will come up with something. I have at least 10 more days till next chop. I would rather have it in a dedicated small fridge then in the kitchen fridge. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hardware cloth cut to size. You'd be able to customize to fit the slots OR shape it into a single unit by bending it like a box with shelves, just folding it back and forth like origami. The tighter weaves would be perfect for stability. You could use silk on the shelves you fabricate like I did to keep smaller pieces from falling through.

Edit: I think individual shelves are a better idea. A single unit would be impossible to clear easily. We want easy and consistent.

That's some serious information here, thanks for sharing!
Also i would like to give it a try with my WW autos that are close to harvesting
420-magazine-mobile122913055.jpg
420-magazine-mobile505082112.jpg

I am confused, i didn't get the exact steps on this,
Can you give some more specific information on the procedure?

Certainly. :battingeyelashes:

Harvest the plant. Many of us wash the buds and hang to drip dry for four hours. Processing at this point helps retain the terpenes and give a little time to evaporate off excess water.

Create the space you'll be using. We seem to be gravitating to dorm-sized refrigerators. I may get one myself. We're learning to maximize surface area by using racks of some kind. The fridge needs to be frost free and you want temps and humidity about the same, around 40 degrees F and RH at 45-50%, or thereabouts. RheinRover says his isn't frost free but that's not a problem if you keep it closed most of the time to limit condensation.

Lay the buds on your shelves, whatever that may be, and give it as long as it takes, trying to stay away from it as much as possible. Just leave it be and wait up to two weeks. Drying on shelves may speed this up. Until yesterday we were playing with jars with screen lids and paper bags to help speed it along.

Cutting the buds down to smaller bits speeds evaporation, but any size should dry given enough time.

We're still refining. Any ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. :green_heart:

Certainly. :battingeyelashes:

Harvest the plant. Many of us wash the buds and hang to drip dry for four hours. Processing at this point helps retain the terpenes and give a little time to evaporate off excess water.

Create the space you'll be using. We seem to be gravitating to dorm-sized refrigerators. I may get one myself. We're learning to maximize surface area by using racks of some kind. The fridge needs to be frost free and you want temps and humidity about the same, around 40 degrees F and RH at 45-50%, or thereabouts. RheinRover says his isn't frost free but that's not a problem if you keep it closed most of the time to limit condensation.

Lay the buds on your shelves, whatever that may be, and give it as long as it takes, trying to stay away from it as much as possible. Just leave it be and wait up to two weeks. Drying on shelves may speed this up. Until yesterday we were playing with jars with screen lids and paper bags to help speed it along.

Cutting the buds down to smaller bits speeds evaporation, but any size should dry given enough time.

We're still refining. Any ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. :green_heart:

I am washing the buds as well, and then i put them on my cloth hanger stand with a fan blowing on them.. after 1-2 hours(max) the excess water it's gone..

After this step, instead of hanging them in the wardrobe, i should put them straight in the fridge, right?

I love this idea, i will definitely give it a try.. I think I'll put the one girl in the fridge, and the other like i used to do and do a comparison

I am washing the buds as well, and then i put them on my cloth hanger stand with a fan blowing on them.. after 1-2 hours(max) the excess water it's gone..

After this step, instead of hanging them in the wardrobe, i should put them straight in the fridge, right?

I love this idea, i will definitely give it a try.. I think I'll put the one girl in the fridge, and the other like i used to do and do a comparison
I will also do a comparison with my 1 harvest Monday

I have 2 free crisper drawers free in my other fridge. So need to creat a shelf or two in it. I'll figure something out today
I tossed in a test DDA bud yesterday....also just put in my temp/RH meter to see where it is

Fun fun fun

I will also do a comparison with my 1 harvest Monday

I have 2 free crisper drawers free in my other fridge. So need to creat a shelf or two in it. I'll figure something out today
I tossed in a test DDA bud yesterday....also just put in my temp/RH meter to see where it is

Fun fun fun

I have 1 Carnival that just got jarred and is a 61% rh. I have her twin ready to go in another 10 days or so. She is a pretty big girl. I will have to see if I can get enough shelves in my fridge to fit all of her. It will be a great comparison. :circle-of-love::peace:

I'm soooo freaking excited guys.:yahoo: Once all of you start to get a taste of what this can accomplish it's going to explode all over the site. Everyone deserves bud this fine. Everyone. :dreamy:

Whats the purpose of jars for drying if you don't need them...are you saying that I can just lay my buds in the open and they will cure as long as temp and rh is rite or is that just for drying and you still need jars for curing

We started with jars. We've since determined out in the open with lots of surface area exposed is the way to go. Still experimenting Cannoisseuras.

Sue, an update on the Zamedelica we were discussing, that was smelling like bay leaves. After 14 days it ground up ok, so I capped it and put it on the shelf. That was last Sunday. Last night it started to change and today it suddenly smells very strongly of Mango with sandlewood in the background. The taste is very subtle but the smell hits you when you stick your nose in the jar. This is my 3rd harvest of this cut and it's never smelled anything like this.

Still waiting on the Malawi and candy. The Malawi is close, another day or two.

The plants I cut this last weekend, small, very sativa plants, I washed and hung them for 24 hours. I then cut and jarred them for the slow and low. It seemed to get them over that initial hump where I was worried they may mold.

I'm liking this process. It definitely slows down readiness though. I need to learn to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom