DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Talk about a perfect cure:bravo:
I hope you take good notes and lots of pics cause I could see a DIY project in the future.
Out of curiosity, do you think a refrigerator would work too, or do you have to start with the freezer?

Yes absolutely a fridge would work. My reasoning for using a single door freezer vs a traditional fridge/freezer is less work having to figure out what temperature to set the freezer to in order to get the desired fridge temperature if that makes sense. Plus I wanted to utilize as much space as possible and not have to deal with 2 compartments.

Found this this AM..:)
IMG_94265.JPG

Vintage HB Herb (and HB Seed) Lo' & Slo' :thumb:

M subbing this seems real interesting and coming up on my first harvest. I have a monogram small fridge that has digital temp settings goes up to 45 degrees but 40 sounds to b the sweet spot. Gonna put hygrometer in there to see where humidity is at. Will follow along and when i harvest i will contribute to this thread with pictures and what i come up with. Makes a lot of sense!!

M subbing this seems real interesting and coming up on my first harvest. I have a monogram small fridge that has digital temp settings goes up to 45 degrees but 40 sounds to b the sweet spot. Gonna put hygrometer in there to see where humidity is at. Will follow along and when i harvest i will contribute to this thread with pictures and what i come up with. Makes a lot of sense!!

Me and you have been growing side by side this whole time Pino .

Only part I'm missing in all this is does the drying in the fridge eliminate curing in a jar as well or is it intended to dry and retain more terpenes but still needs curing.

I have a mini fridge and a harvest of super lemon haze coming up real soon.

M lil confused on that one also Arch. Hopefully someone can let us know. It says low n slow but if u take your harvest n put right in fridge that choos the first week of hang dry!!

Me and you have been growing side by side this whole time Pino .

Only part I'm missing in all this is does the drying in the fridge eliminate curing in a jar as well or is it intended to dry and retain more terpenes but still needs curing.

I have a mini fridge and a harvest of super lemon haze coming up real soon.

Mine will be moved to jars for storage anyway. We will see how it tastes after a couple weeks in the fridge. I will compare it to the same strain that has been curing for 3 or 4 weeks in jars. I will let you know the difference. :thumb::circle-of-love::peace:

Mine will be moved to jars for storage anyway. We will see how it tastes after a couple weeks in the fridge. I will compare it to the same strain that has been curing for 3 or 4 weeks in jars. I will let you know the difference. :thumb::circle-of-love::peace:
I'm doing the same...
Trying both methods starting yesterday
Is my 1st harvest ever...so really pumped

I dried these two in the bottom of the refrigerator. I am lazy, I just put it in a paper bag and clipped the top closed.
The top bud is from my auto CannaBioGen cross with orient express home made seed. It went straight into the fridge. Not a lot of hang time. Couple of hours maybe. And the picture is fresh right after 2 weeks in the fridge.

The bottom one is a nug of PCK x Kali China. Fridge dried and been in jar with boveda for about two weeks. I check on them every once in a while. Rotate them about. Nothing to much. I have nothing of any odor in the fridge at the time. Some home made low sugar peanut butter bars took a bit of fresh cut canna smell once. Nothing much.

CIMG2421.jpg
CIMG2409.jpg

I dried these two in the bottom of the refrigerator. I am lazy, I just put it in a paper bag and clipped the top closed.
The top bud is from my auto CannaBioGen cross with orient express home made seed. It went straight into the fridge. Not a lot of hang time. Couple of hours maybe. And the picture is fresh right after 2 weeks in the fridge.

The bottom one is a nug of PCK x Kali China. Fridge dried and been in jar with boveda for about two weeks. I check on them every once in a while. Rotate them about. Nothing to much. I have nothing of any odor in the fridge at the time. Some home made low sugar peanut butter bars took a bit of fresh cut canna smell once. Nothing much.

CIMG2421.jpg
CIMG2409.jpg

Isn't it amazing how they look like they were just harvested? Do you find the aromas stronger?

M lil confused on that one also Arch. Hopefully someone can let us know. It says low n slow but if u take your harvest n put right in fridge that choos the first week of hang dry!!

The basic approach is to harvest, wash the buds, hang to drip dry for up to 24 hours and get them into the refrigerator.

After two weeks at the recommended temps and humidity, check for dryness. When dry, jar up with Bovedas, if you use them, for the cure.

This process dries, but doesn't cure. The cure is a function of time, like fine wine. :battingeyelashes:

The basic approach is to harvest, wash the buds, hang to drip dry for up to 24 hours and get them into the refrigerator.

After two weeks at the recommended temps and humidity, check for dryness. When dry, jar up with Bovedas, if you use them, for the cure.

This process dries, but doesn't cure. The cure is a function of time, like fine wine. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for elaborating Sue. So the temp in the refrigerator should be 40F?

Thanks for elaborating Sue. So the temp in the refrigerator should be 40F?

40-45 F and RH of 45-50% Kraize.

This is fun guys. I hear the chatter of happy gardeners around this room. :slide: I need to go check mine. I think it's been a week, and I want to see how the paper bag is doing.

Ha! It's only been four days. :laughtwo: I'll hold off on that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Woooo!! In that case I will also attempt this method

They were super strong smells right about the 2nd Or third day in the fridge. Noticeable when you open the fridge. Stronger than normal, then subsided after that. But now the smells are not stronger as much as different from the other dry PCK x KC. A fresher smell more like vegetables than weeds. I haven't tasted and missus is out of town for a month. I could sneak a smoke this week before I go see her but I have nothing to compare it to. And with my low tolerance I turn into one of the vegetables.

She says this is my best yet in taste and power. Should do well after some jar time. I dunno. the cure will do it good-er.

Someone said bay leaf? I am not sure rightly. But something pleasant to be sure. I believe it had enhanced the natural vegetal of the unusual PCK x KC aroma.

edit: in case anyone doesn't know, I don't partake in the canna. I grow for others to enjoy. And yet I am loving cbd oil vapor. But I digress. Not taste test from me sorry.

Back
Top Bottom