DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Got my first ever girl chopped and roughly trimmed. Into the fridge they go. I might make another drying screen cause that's 127g of wet Super Lemon Haze ..

420-magazine-mobile56247235.jpg

I just put the buds in jars that were drying above the lights. Should I leave the lids off to cure them in the fridge? I haven't put them in yet because of worrying about condensation curing with lids on.

If you use jars they have to have screened tops. The moisture needs a way out.

I fired up my mini fridge for 24 hours and here's where I'm at with an empty fridge.
420-magazine-mobile1997531912.jpg
420-magazine-mobile943485634.jpg

Nice Archieweedies. :high-five: It'll spike dramatically when you begin drying and drop back down in a couple days. Any plans for screen shelves?

Dave Groomer...... :hug: those are beautiful. It looks like you could cover the wire shelf they're sitting on with some cloth and dry on it too. Was that your plan? That'd give you four shelves and the space below for bags.

i hope most are planning on curing it Lo' & Slo' too..(I did mine in jars) :)

No other way. :cheesygrinsmiley: What doesn't get processed into fresh harvest infused oil gets dried in the cold. I may need to buy more racks. Lol!

Happy to see all of the awesome brain storming going on here!
I chopped down an auto on the 7th. Put all but top cola in paper bags. Cola went into jar. I have been gone the last 5 days so fridge wasn't opened and buds weren't moved around for air flow. The buds in the paper bag are nearly close to what I like for dryness. I pulled a small nug out ground it up and put into my PAX. Flavor was amazing, super smooth, a tad green but thats expected. The top cola in the jar is still very moist, but no mold or issues even after being in the jar untouched for that long.
This is the second plant I've used the paper bag for and I seem to prefer those buds better.

Happy to see all of the awesome brain storming going on here!
I chopped down an auto on the 7th. Put all but top cola in paper bags. Cola went into jar. I have been gone the last 5 days so fridge wasn't opened and buds weren't moved around for air flow. The buds in the paper bag are nearly close to what I like for dryness. I pulled a small nug out ground it up and put into my PAX. Flavor was amazing, super smooth, a tad green but thats expected. The top cola in the jar is still very moist, but no mold or issues even after being in the jar untouched for that long.
This is the second plant I've used the paper bag for and I seem to prefer those buds better.

Thank you. I was beginning to suspect this. I'm going to break out some paper bags and get all of mine into them. What a delightful way to greet a brand new day. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice Archieweedies. :high-five: It'll spike dramatically when you begin drying and drop back down in a couple days. Any plans for screen shelves?

Dave Groomer...... :hug: those are beautiful. It looks like you could cover the wire shelf they're sitting on with some cloth and dry on it too. Was that your plan? That'd give you four shelves and the space below for bags.

No other way. :cheesygrinsmiley: What doesn't get processed into fresh harvest infused oil gets dried in the cold. I may need to buy more racks. Lol!

That is the plan exactly!! 2 more shelves (just need to run to Home Depot for more PVC). The RH this Am (empty) is 31%. I think that is a good starting point. Should be trying it out in the next week or so. :circle-of-love::peace:

Funny how life works...lol
I'm pretty sure my main fridge died like 4 days ago...
Hoping the compressor is just froze, freezer still works but was frosty 4 days ago
My test of low and slow may end today...salsa and​ buds may not mix well....lol
Beer fridge may be primary till I get a new one.....

IMG_77023.JPG

IMG_77035.JPG

I remembered to go back in and mark the bags with dates. :laughtwo: The DDA is close to being done, at least the smaller buds are. I'll probably move most of the smaller stuff into jars by Saturday. The CBD CC is chunkier buds, much more dense than the DDA, and left as larger buds. It'll take another week, from the looks of it.

IMG_77045.JPG

I was thinking as I worked that drying like this gives me the material I'll need to add THCa to my pain cream mix. Now I can get the recipe down pat so I'll have better topicals to offer the BIL.

This is so good that I just spent more than an hour getting to this point. I thought "Clean the bong out" and instead of putting it off I got up and did it. :laughtwo:

IMG_77223.JPG

Reminded me of a recent comment by Rifleman that the DDA was the only option in his extensive choices of what to consume that won't slit the throat of his motivation, as he puts it. :laughtwo:

This is much more powerful than those hung to dry. I have no hesitation in making this claim without lab results to back it up. My seventh DDA, this was my first to express the sativa pheno, and I can detect the strong presence of limonene. There's no doubt that's what it is. The fuel element has a sweeter edge to it. I'm not noticing the berry yet. That may come with cure.

She fired my creative juices right up. This is my idea of a wake 'n bake. Lol! Found a new thread idea. Haha! If it develops it'll be fun. My mind is filling with ideas for projects on all fronts. Whew! I can't wait until I understand which terpene combinations found in my favorite strains are causing the effects I really love, like this one that fires up the juices.

Then I'll start breeding.

From this point out, until we find a better way, what doesn't get processed into oil on the day of harvest will be dried lo and slow.

Ziggy, I just this second noticed I titled the thread "Low" instead of "Lo". Would you like me to get that changed? :battingeyelashes: :love:

You see I took a small piece out of the bag? The pair of small hits were so wonderful I reached right in and plucked it out. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to try Carnival again. That was my best Carnival experience to date and I only dried a small amount and ended up with about 5 grams. Lol!

Hmmm..... Gonna have to rethink dosing, both medicinal and recreational. This is a much more complete response, don't you think?

You see I took a small piece out of the bag? The pair of small hits were so wonderful I reached right in and plucked it out. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to try Carnival again. That was my best Carnival experience to date and I only dried a small amount and ended up with about 5 grams. Lol!

Hmmm..... Gonna have to rethink dosing, both medicinal and recreational. This is a much more complete response, don't you think?

I want that lighter you have!! Lol

Funny how life works...lol
I'm pretty sure my main fridge died like 4 days ago...
Hoping the compressor is just froze, freezer still works but was frosty 4 days ago
My test of low and slow may end today...salsa and​ buds may not mix well....lol
Beer fridge may be primary till I get a new one.....

Unplug it and leave the freezer open for a day. Coils might be iced up. My old fridge would do that sometimes, especially when I needed to vacuum the coils underneath.

So Sue, should I forego the screens in the fridge in lieu of paper bags? It seems more people are favoring this. No you know what I'll test it for myself, and everyone. I have another harvest coming up soon-ish could be a month away. I'll cure that one in paper bags. Same strain, but was grown with a lot less mistakes being my second plant. The Super Lemon Haze I just harvested presented as an indicator phenotype and I believe my current is more sativa dominant. The buds seriously smell like lemon heads on these plants it's scary. So much better than the SLH I've tried at dispensaries, they don't smell like lemons to me haha. Oh boy I've rambled on...Good morning all. Can't wait to go peek on my drying buds haha

Oh my.... the smells from this fridge.... I smoked a bowl right fast and then my brain turned on. I took half my haul and put it in a paper bag..... no need to wait a month. How embarrassing lol.

So Sue, should I forego the screens in the fridge in lieu of paper bags? It seems more people are favoring this. No you know what I'll test it for myself, and everyone. I have another harvest coming up soon-ish could be a month away. I'll cure that one in paper bags. Same strain, but was grown with a lot less mistakes being my second plant. The Super Lemon Haze I just harvested presented as an indicator phenotype and I believe my current is more sativa dominant. The buds seriously smell like lemon heads on these plants it's scary. So much better than the SLH I've tried at dispensaries, they don't smell like lemons to me haha. Oh boy I've rambled on...Good morning all. Can't wait to go peek on my drying buds haha

I will let you know in a couple weeks. I will be doing it both ways. :circle-of-love::peace:

Unplug it and leave the freezer open for a day. Coils might be iced up. My old fridge would do that sometimes, especially when I needed to vacuum the coils underneath.

Ya read my mind:thanks:
Opened it up, all was working, so saw the Back (bottom freezer) was iced over.... Dropped some hot water on the back wall and coils.. after bout an hour ish, and a puddle on the ground.. she is ALIVE!!!!!:thumb::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Oh my.... the smells from this fridge.... I smoked a bowl right fast and then my brain turned on. I took half my haul and put it in a paper bag..... no need to wait a month. How embarrassing lol.

:laughtwo: No need to be embarrassed. This sounds just like me. Lol!

I may do a small batch to try this out just reading up on this and i got a bar fridge i can use as its not used very much but always on. Not making oil except from the leaves but still will see how it compares when vaping it. My 1 plant has 3 weeks left the others 4.

I may do a small batch to try this out just reading up on this and i got a bar fridge i can use as its not used very much but always on. Not making oil except from the leaves but still will see how it compares when vaping it. My 1 plant has 3 weeks left the others 4.

May I ask your reasoning for making oil only from the leaves? Oil from the buds, either infused or CCO, will be a much better option for anything medicinal. Trim oil is useful, but nowhere near as therapeutic as a good infused oil taken as capsules or used in baking medibles.

You comment just stopped me in my tracks, so I had to ask. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom