DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Penny I ordered this as per sweet sues method of silk screening off eBay I believe I got it not expensive at all .
420-magazine-mobile738775423.jpg

Get Better pics for ya soon bro.

Penny here ya go bro
420-magazine-mobile1455797052.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2096936513.jpg

Wow, first time grower and can honestly say this is overwhelming haha.

I have not done a whole lot of research on this because I'm not near harvest time. The reason I am overwhelmed, is it seems experienced growers are giving thanks to a locked down process, and this process feels like learning a new language . I am very grateful for this and will need to read it 100 before I understand what I am doing, such washing your nugs...min blown haha

Thanks again, very happy to be part of this community, some powerful shit.

Wow, first time grower and can honestly say this is overwhelming haha.

I have not done a whole lot of research on this because I'm not near harvest time. The reason I am overwhelmed, is it seems experienced growers are giving thanks to a locked down process, and this process feels like learning a new language . I am very grateful for this and will need to read it 100 before I understand what I am doing, such washing your nugs...min blown haha

Thanks again, very happy to be part of this community, some powerful shit.

Hahaha! That got a nice chuckle Drugg. Welcome to the thread, and to the :420: community at large. :hug: I can see how it could be a bit overwhelming. Lol! This drying technique is new to all of us excepting Dr Ziggy and Furcifer, who surprised and amazed us by showing up with it all worked out. Hehe!

Are you new to growing as well? If so, you certainly picked the community to help you with that. :cheesygrinsmiley: Budwashing looks odd to everyone at first, until you wash your buds, and then you never look back. It was strange to all of us the first time, and now we swear by it.

But this low and slo drying technique is the real find. It immediately potentiated our harvests. Happy we are. :slide:

That will do it, they can breathe through that no problem.

When I put mine back in the fridge today I did so with no lids or cover at all. It's not like they get handled much. That drawer stays shut.

IMG_92391.JPG

Hahaha! That got a nice chuckle Drugg. Welcome to the thread, and to the :420: community at large. :hug: I can see how it could be a bit overwhelming. Lol! This drying technique is new to all of us excepting Dr Ziggy and Furcifer, who surprised and amazed us by showing up with it all worked out. Hehe!

Are you new to growing as well? If so, you certainly picked the community to help you with that. :cheesygrinsmiley: Budwashing looks odd to everyone at first, until you wash your buds, and then you never look back. It was strange to all of us the first time, and now we swear by it.

But this low and slo drying technique is the real find. It immediately potentiated our harvests. Happy we are. :slide:

Very new to this whole thing. On my first grow currently, threw the seed in some soil and said I'll learn, and adapt as I go. Since then I have upgraded, tents, lights, pots... already bought more seeds, looking forward to the next grow due to knowledge gained, this community is ideal for any newbie like myself to an experienced grower ..

Delicate flowers my dear. We do not want them to stay overtly moist.
Removal of the buds are a crucial factor in the osmosis process.
Think of it as a kick start to "normal osmisis". Than retard that process for a few days (puting in fridge).
"Retard", "Kick Start", "Retard", "Kick Start", Retard", "Kick Start".
Do it every three days, five days, do not exceed 7 to 10 days.
Now go take care of your buds! .

That read very gentle, and I appreciate it. It helps if I pay closer attention to the fine details, but to be honest I tend to skirt through life now and again, flowing from one inspiration to another, and I was in a powerful creative stream when you walked through the door. Lots of distractions. :battingeyelashes: Not an excuse, just an explaination. I'm looking forward to becoming real familiar with the process so we can develop a handbook.

They spent an hour sitting out then went back in, but this time I put them into more jars and left the covers off the jars completely.

IMG_92353.JPG

IMG_92391.JPG

All the H2O2 I'm finding in the stores is 3%. Does this mean I'd have to order 5% or something more concentrated? Until this moment food grade hadn't occurred to me.

Hmmmm...... I stripped her of the fans today in anticipation of harvesting tomorrow.

IMG_82877.JPG

I think I'll use Doc's method and get on with it. Maybe give her one more day without the fans and do the deed on Monday. :dreamy: She's destined for FHO anyway.

Hey Sue and gang.. only on page 25 and not sure if the the question was answered but I buy 35% food grade h202 from health food stores and I diluted it and use it for various things . Please use with caution at this strength it will burn the skin , this type does not have the additional stabilizer found in the brown bottle 3% variety

I REALLY need to stop playing around. And, get you my process. Written down with notes and variables.
Looking Nice! Keep an eye on them.

These notes would be highly appreciated Furcifer. I did a slow n low dry with great results (2.5 weeks in fridge in paper bags). I jarred them 2 weeks ago and am keeping them sealed with boveda packs and removing from fridge every couple of days to burp. Room temps here are very high so cannot cure or store my dried buds outside the fridge. So far so good. Just have to make sure they are aired regulalry to keep mould away. Do you have any thoughts on curing in the fridge?

Hey Sue and gang.. only on page 25 and not sure if the the question was answered but I buy 35% food grade h202 from health food stores and I diluted it and use it for various things . Please use with caution at this strength it will burn the skin , this type does not have the additional stabilizer found in the brown bottle 3% variety

Thank you. I'm not certain if this was mentioned either, so the heads up is definately appreciated.

I REALLY need to stop playing around. And, get you my process. Written down with notes and variables.
Looking Nice! Keep an eye on them.

I work by the guideline that everything happens in its right time. If you have to make it happen don't do it then. Wait until you get inspired to do it and it feels like fun. We can all wait until your life gives you the time needed.

It doesn't have to be formatted nicely. You do understand I can work from raw notes? :battingeyelashes: :love:

These notes would be highly appreciated Furcifer. I did a slow n low dry with great results (2.5 weeks in fridge in paper bags). I jarred them 2 weeks ago and am keeping them sealed with boveda packs and removing from fridge every couple of days to burp. Room temps here are very high so cannot cure or store my dried buds outside the fridge. So far so good. Just have to make sure they are aired regulalry to keep mould away. Do you have any thoughts on curing in the fridge?

I believe you're the first among us, with the possible exception of Furcifer, to try the cure in the cold. I'm glad to hear it's going well. :high-five:

Would a cut out form a cotton t-shirt be ok instead of silk/cheese cloth for the lid in glass jars?

It won't be as porous, but I think it could work in a pinch. I'd personally be hesitant to go with something that tightly woven. You need the moisture to get out of the jars. Before I'd go with a shirt I'd use paper bags. I'm as new to this as everyone else though. Let's see what others say.

....I'd use paper bags. I'm as new to this as everyone else though. Let's see what others say.

I used tightly rolled paper bags with clothes pins to hold them closed, and stirred the plant material daily for a week. Then into a jar in the fridge for a week, burping once a day for 30 minutes in the fridge. Did that for a week and a half and I got a clean smoke with no throat burn and a mad high that came on like a ton of bricks.

I used tightly rolled paper bags with clothes pins to hold them closed, and stirred the plant material daily for a week. Then into a jar in the fridge for a week, burping once a day for 30 minutes in the fridge. Did that for a week and a half and I got a clean smoke with no throat burn and a mad high that came on like a ton of bricks.

Thank you for sharing MustgVagabond. :hug: We've had a couple other members say they prefer using paper bags and find the smoke more enjoyable. I'll have to do a comparison with my next harvest. How large were your buds? Also, did you do a budwash following harvest?

How large were your buds? Also, did you do a budwash following harvest?

I did not do a budwash first. This was my first grow/harvest/dry/cure so my yield was a little less than an once from my one plant. I'm a home grower for personal recreational use. I've been trolling this thread from nearly the beginning and wanted to get the most out of my harvest but being new to growing I'm hesitant to wash. I plan on setting aside half my next harvest to wash to compare.

As for my bud size, I had to harvest early due to a family vacation, so I got mostly popcorn with 2 or 3 lighter sized colas.

Back
Top Bottom