DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

You're the primus motor on this one Sue. No one can write about this subject as passionate as you so I believe the honor should be yours - you have the ability to truly engage people with your words and your enthusiasm greatly encourages curiosity.

I was getting ready to do that soon, unless someone else has the urge to beat me to it. I have no ego. This is a group exploration, and I'd be more than thrilled to see what someone else comes up with.

You're the primus motor on this one Sue. No one can write about this subject as passionate as you so I believe the honor should be yours - you have the ability to truly engage people with your words and your enthusiasm greatly encourages curiosity.

Why thank you DeVille. You made my morning. :hug: :love:

Hey, speaking of rolling... Does anyone do that thing where you flip the paper over and turn it upside down, so that you're starting at the (back of) the sticky end, add your ground bud, roll the paper into a cylinder that has ZERO overlap, lick the sticky, complete the roll, and tear off the bit of paper that's now left past the point where you stuck the sticky to it? I used to be able to do that back in the day, but these days I end up with a mess, lol. I may not have described the process very well, IDK.

Ah yes a Dutch Flag, or at least thats the name I've always heard them called on this side of the pond. Even though my Dutch friends swear they've never heard of it.

Great way to roll a smaller splif and not smoke as much paper.

I agree.
I have a bunch of notes I have been jotting down.
Basicly tips, things that I do instinctive, (learned over time).
I will PM to ya! .

Great news! I won the new Mars-Hydro COB in a photo contest :) I really love the way it looks. Total retro. It has cree and osram chips/drivers as far as I understand. It's a small lamp. Around 100 watt. Full spectrum. But it should do well in a small tent. The lamp looks so cool it could easily be used in a living-room. Except a little bright I guess.

WUMVP_N4_A9CGDU0_DG5.jpg

2ZM_SE_C595U24N_IB9_VE.jpg

Here's the lamp specifications:

Spectrum: 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white
Par Value: 357umol/m2/s
Lumen:8615Lm±5%@AC120V 8508 Lm±5%@AC240V
Power draw: 110W + - 5%@AC120V 108W + - 5%@AC240V
Input Voltage: AC100-240V AC277 for North America only
Ampere: 0.987A/120V 0.46 A/240V
Core Coverage:2.5ft*2.5ft
Max Coverage: 4.5ft*4.5ft
Light Size: 290*220*210MM
Package Size: MM
Net Weight: 3.4KG
Gross Weight: KG
DB: 0dB
Frequency: 50-60HZ

Value around 250 USD

420 is cool :) We can win stuff here

With 50 + pages I can't read them all. I was wondering if anyone is trying extended cure times. For the first time I am in the situation where I can cure weed longer without having to smoke it. Malawi changed a bunch between a 1 month cure to a 4 month cure.

With 50 + pages I can't read them all. I was wondering if anyone is trying extended cure times. For the first time I am in the situation where I can cure weed longer without having to smoke it. Malawi changed a bunch between a 1 month cure to a 4 month cure.

We have no problem with your aversion to reading the entire thread Jackalope. :battingeyelashes: The ultimate goal of this process is to get in the habit of allowing time for a longer cure.

I personally find I prefer the fresher buds, those I smoke directly after jarring up. The terpene profiles and cannabinoid ratios agree with me at this stage. I have smoked at a variety of times, including over 6 months in the jar, and this appears to be what my system desires most. I'm looking for zippy, and zippy usually translates into "fresh."

Great news! I won the new Mars-Hydro COB in a photo contest :) I really love the way it looks. Total retro. It has cree and osram chips/drivers as far as I understand. It's a small lamp. Around 100 watt. Full spectrum. But it should do well in a small tent. The lamp looks so cool it could easily be used in a living-room. Except a little bright I guess.

WUMVP_N4_A9CGDU0_DG5.jpg

Value around 250 USD

:party: :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo: :party:

Way to go DeVille! :high-five: :woohoo:

You'll make good use of the prize. :hug: :love:

Think they will sell them for around 250 USD. I also like the hanging system. If you look at this photo there is another part as well - not sure if all that actually will be on the lamp though. This looks insanely massive, They say the hanging system is made from iron
31G_5B_2L6_V_5R455.jpg

DeVille,
The multiple hanger point brackets are a great idea. Tilting most panels is a pain.

Do you know what they cost?

Dale said the best place was next to the incinerator. When the latch on the door moved he'd release the roach into the flames and all evidence went "POOF!" :laughtwo:

An old Reggae guitarist I used to play with told me once, "eat it or tharooow it away man". This after I got busted with many things including a roach, never forgot it, ...."eat it or tharow it away man"

Great news! I won the new Mars-Hydro COB in a photo contest :)

Congratulations! I'm sure it'll go to good use.

It's a small lamp.

Might be great for a "micro" grow of a couple square feet or less. Might be even better incorporated into a larger grow with mixed lighting, to help "fill in" the spectrum.

Around 100 watt. Full spectrum. But it should do well in a small tent. The lamp looks so cool it could easily be used in a living-room. Except a little bright I guess. All that metal looks like it'll be a nice heat sink. Is it fanless? If so, it really could work in an open living room setting, since it would be silent. The grower would lose a good bit of light due to the lack of reflective walls, but that might be okay in such a scenario.

I've been wondering for a long time if Mars-Hydro[/could] would ever produce a product that used (relatively) high-powered COB lighting. I cannot tell from the picture (poor vision), but are there little individual LEDs in a ring around the COB? If so, they must have taken a page out of Amare Technologies' because that's how this SE350+UVB is set up, ten individual LEDs around each of its COBs.

I'm wondering... The first image shows a square product, but the second appears to be a (non-square) rectangle. Does that mean it actually has two COBs instead of one?

I wonder how difficult it would be to box in the heat sink and the power supply(?) on top, if a person wanted to be able to move air from outside of the grow through the product and the back out of the grow, in order to separate the heat being produced from the general grow environment? It looks to be... doable, at least.

420 is cool :)

Yeah, I think he's pretty awesome, too. I was so glad to have discovered this forum back in 2009. I still am.

We can win stuff here

:thumb:

This is a sign both of great sponsors AND a great forum owner. The sponsors don't have to offer such things to the members, and 420 could be demanding such high sponsorship fees that it's not even practical for the sponsors to give extras. And I suspect that some (other) forum owners probably do exactly that. But 420, man, he's my hero.

WUMVP_N4_A9CGDU0_DG5.jpg

Value around 250 USD

Outstanding, nice little light!
??? How about the pic that won you the light? Any chance of seeing that too?
Maybe?......awwwww come on....please

This was the winning photo. White Widow and Bubbleicious week 8 or 9 or so
FLOWERING_DAY_59.jpg

This was the winning photo. White Widow and Bubbleicious week 8 or 9 or so
FLOWERING_DAY_59.jpg

Why, pray tell, would the winner be someone whose plants don't look like they need any help at all!??!

Must because of the great potential they see in you as a grower and hope that if you use their lights, they'll get some of the credit YOU deserve!

Vell done, DeVille!

Great news! I won the new Mars-Hydro COB in a photo contest :) I really love the way it looks. Total retro.

Congratulations DeVille! :cheer:

I'd love to see the photo that won the contest!

The lamp is awesome! Really steampunky! Keep us informed as how it works for you!

The adventure begins....
Dory

Great news! I won the new Mars-Hydro COB in a photo contest :) I really love the way it looks. Total retro.

Congratulations DeVille! :cheer:

I'd love to see the photo that won the contest!

The lamp is awesome! Really steampunky! Keep us informed as how it works for you!

The adventure begins....
Dory

Oooooh, Pretteee!

Agreed. I'm not normally a fan of pictures taken in purple light, but in this case it combined with the plants' pigments to produce a colorful image.

Back
Top Bottom