DrZiggy's Low And Slow Drying: Maximizing Your Harvest

Hi 1way! Once I take buds from fridge and put in jars, I want to monitor rh for a few days so I put the jars in the bags and keep close by so I can check often and burp as needed. Once rh is stable, the jars go into a box in a dark place so bags are no longer needed.

I'd really love to have some kind of shrink wrap, preferably that I could print labels on with pics of the plant/buds and info about the strain, that would keep light out but seems like that could be pricey and I haven't found anything yet. Anyone know of options? I use 32oz mason jars but different size options would be nice.

:passitleft:
Around Christmas you can find red and green saran wrap and print your label and cover. Also what make is your fridge? I need another toy for my hobby.

It is very satisfying to have the jar stable, took about a week, maybe 6 day, of once a day burps. Started around 68-70rh settling down with the 62 boveda has been pretty easy.
here is the jar. crap pic. :smokin:
CIMG1240.jpg

I have another harvest this week. My re veg is coming down in stages over a couple of days. I am trying to dry in stages by separate start by a couple of days. Bigger buds first. I dunno? i got experimenting on my mind. I get this way when i sample too much product:ganjamon:

Hey Keltic! Have you ever tried short term storage without Bovedas? I've read a lot of comments that they Rob flavor from the buds. I don't smoke enough to know myself but I can say they smell much better without Bovedas.. I do still use them for long term storage and any jars that got too dry. I've also read the other brand boost does not rob flavor but I'm not sure I believe that.

:passitleft:

Hey Keltic! Have you ever tried short term storage without Bovedas?
No not so much. I do have some that gets smoked directly out of the dry cycle. Straight into the Mrs stash for immediate consumption. But my CV vaults and jar all have the boveda. Good Idea! I will give it a try see how stable i can get my small CV.
:headbanger:

I quit using Boveda bags. I have a bunch of the rh meters and if things go down I burp them in a higher humidity area in the house or outside if the humidity is up. This will bring up the moisture without robbing the terpines. If nothing else burp them in the bathroom while taking a shower. And those cheep meters are usually off a bit and this is where I use the bags. I put 5-6 in a jar with a few bags and let them sit a few days. I take a sharpie and mark on the meter where 62% is as that all I'm worried about.

No not so much. I do have some that gets smoked directly out of the dry cycle. Straight into the Mrs stash for immediate consumption. But my CV vaults and jar all have the boveda. Good Idea! I will give it a try see how stable i can get my small CV.
:headbanger:

Good deal! I figured that since we're using low and slow to maintain the highest level of terps then we should consider the humidity pack debate. I'll be interested to hear if your wife notices a difference and any others with input on the subject.

I quit using Boveda bags. I have a bunch of the rh meters and if things go down I burp them in a higher humidity area in the house or outside if the humidity is up. This will bring up the moisture without robbing the terpines. If nothing else burp them in the bathroom while taking a shower. And those cheep meters are usually off a bit and this is where I use the bags. I put 5-6 in a jar with a few bags and let them sit a few days. I take a sharpie and mark on the meter where 62% is as that all I'm worried about.

Thanks for that tip derby! I need to check my meters and get a few more, I only have 3. :passitleft:

Guys I’m looking for which fridge to buy now.

I’m looking for a tall larder fridge with enough room for several racks.

Do you think it would be ok to space racks very close together like only 10-15cm between the nets?
Not sure if air circulates in a fridge enough to prevent problems with this?

Guys I’m looking for which fridge to buy now.

I’m looking for a tall larder fridge with enough room for several racks.

Do you think it would be ok to space racks very close together like only 10-15cm between the nets?
Not sure if air circulates in a fridge enough to prevent problems with this?

I've gotta know, what the heck is a "larder" fridge? At first I just thought you meant larger but have seen you type it that way a bunch of times.

My advice, take it or leave it is to just use paper bags. You probably don't want to leave the buds out in the open on trays and risk losing terps or drying too fast...? Anything is worth a try though...

Maybe buy a used fridge....?

I've gotta know, what the heck is a "larder" fridge? At first I just thought you meant larger but have seen you type it that way a bunch of times.

My advice, take it or leave it is to just use paper bags. You probably don't want to leave the buds out in the open on trays and risk losing terps or drying too fast...? Anything is worth a try though...

I was screwed at cm.....

A fridge with no freezer.

Back
Top Bottom