Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Ok sooo SOS in the tent today..... I found some issues with EM2(the little one). I have been trying to diagnose it for the past few hours and I’m coming up short.... could someone please point me in the right direction? I’m coming up with iron def? But I’m not sure why .... her water feed has been the same as EM1 ranging at 5.7-6.0pH and I’ve not been giving her any additional bloom boosters just base nutes. ( I wanted to see how she grew normally without boosters ) I’m at a loss right now and could use some help!

These are EM2 - her healthy tops looking normal and just starting to push out hairs.
3844B762-E423-459D-9178-71121C78A8CE.jpeg

Then as I was going in behind her in the tent to thin her out I noticed some really weird leaves that have been around for a few days that I must have missed when I have just been inspecting from above and the front side and have a weird start to them.. they aren’t very big but there looks to be a few that started this way a little while ago and have since turned full and turned back to a healthy green. As you can see in the lower side of the bottom picture below.
2721737C-9160-4795-8F08-7E39A617B6E4.jpeg
3DDDF641-770E-4BFB-AFC3-A4D3492C6F77.jpeg
676A8E11-500B-4462-A94C-63D7F1B9662F.jpeg

If I need to pull her out to get some better photos let me know ! I raised her about 3” to make her tops closer to equal with EM1.

————————————————————

EM1 well she’s just fine and dandy! I’m going to prune her tomorrow cause i think she’s almost done stretch now and she’s not grown more than an inch in the past day or so. Her budsites seem to be putting out more hairs now and will hopefully start to fill out!

Her feed is:
-7mL/g CalMag
-8mL/g AN pH Perfect Bloom A + B
-8mL/g Bud Candy ( weeks 1-6 of flower )
-8mL/g Big Bud ( weeks 2-4 of flower )

PH I range from 5.7-6.0 and PPM are between 946-1014.

Today is the end of Week 2 flower and tomorrow with her slowing down now I’m guessing she should really start to fatten up!

I’m excited to see what she does but man I need to get her smaller sister dealt with!

So pleaselet me know your thoughts, diagnosis, and a possible resolution I much appreciate it gang!

There's no type of nutrient deficiency, that I'm aware of, that would cause leaves like that - and I've never seen leaves like that. That being said, I'd be willing to bet it's just a genetic mutation and nothing that will hurt your harvest.

I think there's a forum for mutations, let me find & post the link for you cuz' it's one for the books, for sure!

There's no type of nutrient deficiency, that I'm aware of, that would cause leaves like that - and I've never seen leaves like that. That being said, I'd be willing to bet it's just a genetic mutation and nothing that will hurt your harvest.

I think there's a forum for mutations, let me find & post the link for you cuz' it's one for the books, for sure!

I can't find the thread, assuming it was on this site. :(

@TorturedSoul is very well-read on this stuff, too. Perhaps he has an opinion?

I can't find the thread, assuming it was on this site. :(

@TorturedSoul is very well-read on this stuff, too. Perhaps he has an opinion?

Thanks krip ! I’ve been searching for 5+ hours now and I can’t find anything that looks like this.... so weird it’s confusing me that’s for sure! I hope someone can help diagnose this or maybe it’s just a crazy mutant lol !

Hmmm....
Genetics?
Stress?
Micro mites?

I’m thinking a genetic issue of some sort... no regular nute or other issues that I can find show any symptoms like that !

I'm leaning towards a mutation of some sort.

I’m thinking that too... wonder what would cause such a mutation !? She has a lot of Tri-Tops to which is another weird thing she’s an all around freak of nature lol

I was looking for mutation and all I came up with is genetic.
It doesn't have the symptoms of bug or nutrient mutations... My humble opinion.
Edit, genetics is from her parents, nothing you did

Thanks krip ! I’ve been searching for 5+ hours now and I can’t find anything that looks like this.... so weird it’s confusing me that’s for sure! I hope someone can help diagnose this or maybe it’s just a crazy mutant lol !

Like I said, nutrient deficiencies/toxicities don't cause things like that, at least not without showing other severe signs of stress first.

The breeders, on the other hand....Well, they're always messing with genetics and you really never know what you're going to get with a seed until you sprout it. The same way two parents can have 10 kids that all look different, every now & then, one has some genetic defect, so, it may be Mother Nature's work and not even the breeder's!

I’m thinking a genetic issue of some sort... no regular nute or other issues that I can find show any symptoms like that !

I’m thinking that too... wonder what would cause such a mutation !? She has a lot of Tri-Tops to which is another weird thing she’s an all around freak of nature lol

Tri-tops are a fairly common mutation called a "triploid" and they are HIGHLY desirable because they're sterile & also supposed to be more potent! :Namaste:

Like I said, nutrient deficiencies/toxicities don't cause things like that, at least not without showing other severe signs of stress first.

The breeders, on the other hand....Well, they're always messing with genetics and you really never know what you're going to get with a seed until you sprout it. The same way two parents can have 10 kids that all look different, every now & then, one has some genetic defect, so, it may be Mother Nature's work and not even the breeder's!

Great point ! These 2 seeds were supposed to be Autoflowers .... remember :rofl::rofl: so who knows what mutations or genetics may be apart of them lol!

Tri-tops are a fairly common mutation called a "triploid" and they are HIGHLY desirable because they're sterile & also supposed to be more potent! :Namaste:

Interesting! I’m hoping to be able to bring her to finish ! I’ll keep an eye on her and see what she does I guess!

Should I continue with her regular nute and feed schedule ?

BTW, if that is a Polyploid plant (triploid is three sets of chromosomes, there are haploid, diploid & tetraploid, also!), it would explain the extra large size AND, you'll start to understand my comment several weeks ago about taking clones and not having taken one when you get a "keeper"! ;)

Great point ! These 2 seeds were supposed to be Autoflowers .... remember :rofl::rofl: so who knows what mutations or genetics may be apart of them lol!

Interesting! I’m hoping to be able to bring her to finish ! I’ll keep an eye on her and see what she does I guess!

Should I continue with her regular nute and feed schedule ?

Yeah, just keep her healthy with the understanding that, even when she's healthy, she may throw some deformed leaves. Look for other signs like yellowing, drooping, etc.

I'm really anxious to see how those buds develop, now! :popcorn:

If you're not familiar with polyploidism in cannabis, you should check it out! ;)

BTW, if that is a Polyploid plant (triploid is three sets of chromosomes, there are haploid, diploid & tetraploid, also!), it would explain the extra large size AND, you'll start to understand my comment several weeks ago about taking clones and not having taken one when you get a "keeper"! ;)

Ooh interesting !! I actually am taking a few cuttings tomorrow when I do my pruning on EM1 ! So I’ll be attempting Cloning tomorrow. I’ll be presoaking my small pots with promix HP tonight and then sticking my cuttings in tomorrow after scraping the bark off the bottom 2” and then dipping in the promix rooting powder! Fingers crossed I can get these clones going this time !

Also on another positive note..
I got my new tent today in the mail !!
Look at all the bonus goodies that came in the box with it ! Woohoo! I’ll set it up later and check it out and hopefully move my cuttings in there tomorrow on top of my heatmat to better my odds at successful cloning this time! Fingers crossed !
96B3DE02-B06C-4B30-94DB-BD115881C395.jpeg
83A0A4EF-A87A-48AA-ABD1-6381AEA3ABE4.jpeg
4C5E7CD2-937B-417F-BCA8-BD1F884E1AE9.jpeg

Yeah, just keep her healthy with the understanding that, even when she's healthy, she may throw some deformed leaves. Look for other signs like yellowing, drooping, etc.

I'm really anxious to see how those buds develop, now! :popcorn:

If you're not familiar with polyploidism in cannabis, you should check it out! ;)

I wasn’t familiar with polyploidism but I am definitely interested now and we’ll be doing some research tonight ! Thanks for the help Krip!

Just say, "NO!" to polyploids, lol.

Any way you can adjust the white-balance on your camera? Or turn the HPS off and grab a desk lamp or something? Being half blind AND color-challenged is not a fun combination, especially when the pictures are "unnatural."

Looks like you have a couple issues. @sshole breeder chose to use gibberelic acid to produce the opposite-sex flowers, used way more than needed, and released the resulting seeds one generation early. <--- Highly-opinionated (and, possibly, incorrect) statement ;) .

But I also wonder if you have some little critters eating your leaves. Because I'm seeing spots - and some of them are in your pictures <GRIN> . But, again, I'm not really properly equipped for diagnosing via pictures.

Just say, "NO!" to polyploids, lol.

Any way you can adjust the white-balance on your camera? Or turn the HPS off and grab a desk lamp or something? Being half blind AND color-challenged is not a fun combination, especially when the pictures are "unnatural."

Looks like you have a couple issues. @sshole breeder chose to use gibberelic acid to produce the opposite-sex flowers, used way more than needed, and released the resulting seeds one generation early. <--- Highly-opinionated (and, possibly, incorrect) statement ;) .

But I also wonder if you have some little critters eating your leaves. Because I'm seeing spots - and some of them are in your pictures <GRIN> . But, again, I'm not really properly equipped for diagnosing via pictures.

Give me 5 minutes and I’ll have you white adjusted colour photos!

NO bugs at all in the tent I have thuroughly checked everywhere and have investigated both plants and pots for any possible little critters.

Photos to come !

Back
Top Bottom