Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Nice long colas on that WW!

Yea she was a beauty! I’m hoping I can get a sea of donkeys with this big EM girl ! Should be interesting she’s praying to the light strong and healthy and I’m pretty sure stretch is done ! I haven’t seen any upwards growth in the past day now so I’ll strip the bottom of her tomorrow and then full steam to the finish line !

Lollipopping makes a huge difference, I really seen that with the Brookies big time.

Excellent ! I’m eager to try it on this EM her bottom is stripped pretty well so far but I am going to lollipop her more tomorrow and then just leave her go until the end! Just strip a few fan leaves if they block budsites at all if I can’t tuck them in any way!

Any branches that don't make it to the canopy need to go, go easy on the big fan leaves because those are the solar panels that are make all the food.

I will be just focusing on lower branches and trying to clean up as much of the lower stuff as possible, Thanks for the advice Penny !

I created a YouTube channel ! That means I’m going to be doing some video updates soon! They should be super fun and I would love to be able to share things with you guys first hand!

Here is a video I saved of my WW#1 on harvest day Oct. 13 !
edit: :passitleft:
Lookin real good over there buddy! Love it!
:passitleft:

Great plants! But for next grow Check a vapor differential Chart, plants like a certain balance between temperature and humidity to properlly open stomata and intake co2! Humidity should be higher than most think, there's a lot of misinformation concerning humidity. During veg, At 81 degrees F, you should have 75%-70% RH. At 75 degrees F, 70%-65% Rh. Desired humidity depends on temperature! Check any VPD Chart!
During flowering, research suggests optimal day time conditions are 60%-65%, and 55-60% at night. A 10% reduction in humdity is actually huge in terms of Vapor pressure differential. 60% rh should never put you at risk for bud rot, that has been my recent experience. Then again, I can only veg for 2-4 weeks each run because of time constraints, so maybe a longer grow with less tent space would require gradually lowering RH to 60% or lower earlier into vegetation. Early on, I saw a pic that was 81 degrees and 43% rh. That is rough for the plant, especially when it’s young, and you will see even better growth if you increase humdity! It’s just plant chemistry! I used a gallon humidifier and the inkbird humidity controller/sensor from amazon. To dehumidify your negative pressure will do the work, and I dont refill my humidifier often.

Great plants! But for next grow Check a vapor differential Chart, plants like a certain balance between temperature and humidity to properlly open stomata and intake co2! Humidity should be higher than most think, there's a lot of misinformation concerning humidity. During veg, At 81 degrees F, you should have 75%-70% RH. At 75 degrees F, 70%-65% Rh. Desired humidity depends on temperature! Check any VPD Chart!
During flowering, research suggests optimal day time conditions are 60%-65%, and 55-60% at night. A 10% reduction in humdity is actually huge in terms of Vapor pressure differential. 60% rh should never put you at risk for bud rot, that has been my recent experience. Then again, I can only veg for 2-4 weeks each run because of time constraints, so maybe a longer grow with less tent space would require gradually lowering RH to 60% or lower earlier into vegetation. Early on, I saw a pic that was 81 degrees and 43% rh. That is rough for the plant, especially when it’s young, and you will see even better growth if you increase humdity! It’s just plant chemistry! I used a gallon humidifier and the inkbird humidity controller/sensor from amazon. To dehumidify your negative pressure will do the work, and I dont refill my humidifier often.

Hey DET, and welcome to the tent! Appreciate the input! I have been able to keep a more consistent RH in my tent and when it was low back then when you seen that picture I had started using a wicking humidifier system that worked well for me during veg. During flower ive been keeping my RH between 45-55% and finding that’s working great for me!
Hope you are well and welcome to :420:

I think this is the VPD chart that DET is referring to. I've seen it here before but never paid any attention since I have no control over my environment!

IMG_4630-1.jpg

Lollipopping makes a huge difference, I really seen that with the Brookies big time.
Like you had a choice!

I think this is the VPD chart that DET is referring to. I've seen it here before but never paid any attention since I have no control over my environment!

IMG_4630-1.jpg

Like you had a choice!
That was my thoughts exactly. I guess it is easier to control all those things in a big commercial grow with budget to do that.

I sure don't have the time or money to worry about so many details.

As long as my plants produce good meds for me... I'm good. I've got a better chance of catching bigfoot that getting my growroom to follow a chart. LoL

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom