Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

I should have mentioned that I was pleasantly surprised to see you differentiate between the two. I adopt earthlings into very thoroughly screened families. The adoption fee helps to midigate the expenses and will allow me to run the large breed bully rescue. Also I plan one puppy per litter to go to a compassionate program allowing families in hardship to provide thier children with pet companionship. So I will offer a subsidized puppy to a deserving home.

I wish more "breeders" would addopt a less money hungry approach and help children and families in need. Every child deserves to.grow up with a fur baby!

Sorry to preach, this is something I am passionate about.

Not a problem I love animals and I agree they all deserve a loving and caring home! If I had the space I would adopt every animal I could lol

Not a problem I love animals and I agree they all deserve a loving and caring home! If I had the space I would adopt every animal I could lol
Our 3 dogs now are all rescues from a local pit bull sanctuary. It's a no kill shelter, but they are overrun with pits.

Every little gangsta wanna-be down here thinks they are a breeder. Then we end up with a bunch of dogs with inbred genetics and terrible temperament. Most of those dogs will never be able to re-home. It's sad. We had to stop visiting so frequently because my wife always wants to bring another dog home... I do to, but our new house is so much smaller. LoL

But.. I can give the 3 I have a great life, then revisit the idea again in the future.
:thumb:

Our 3 dogs now are all rescues from a local pit bull sanctuary. It's a no kill shelter, but they are overrun with pits.

Every little gangsta wanna-be down here thinks they are a breeder. Then we end up with a bunch of dogs with inbred genetics and terrible temperament. Most of those dogs will never be able to re-home. It's sad. We had to stop visiting so frequently because my wife always wants to bring another dog home... I do to, but our new house is so much smaller. LoL

But.. I can give the 3 I have a great life, then revisit the idea again in the future.
:thumb:

That’s awesome P! They all deserve a good safe loving home!

Every little gangsta wanna-be down here thinks they are a breeder. Then we end up with a bunch of dogs with inbred genetics and terrible temperament. Most of those dogs will never be able to re-home. It's sad. We had to stop visiting so frequently because my wife always wants to bring another dog home

It is reasons like the overcrowded sanctuary that my wife and I are in the early stages.of planning our large bully breeds rescue!!!!!

Do you watch pitbulls and parolees?

For my wife it's not visiting shelters.... It's reading the sad "please take my dog now before he/she goes to the pound"

In our five years together we have revised, rehabilitated and found forever loving homes for around 20 or so dogs from puppy to 5 year.old boxer going through a messy divorce and was abandoned by his owner (he turned male agressive. He now lives a happy life in London Ontario after his rehab)

Myself I have 5 years personnel breeding experience and before that my parents used to raise and race sled dogs. Breeding is in my bloodlines, so I have decided to fund a rescue with the small breeding program. Let the lil bullies help the large breeds that are impulse buys and end up being too much to handle. Then are neglected and developed behaviour problems. These earthlings deserve to have homes and not put down just because of ignorant humans not thinking a choice through!

Once again sorry for the rant.... This is a passion of mine!

Reviews are always mixed. I do a good viewing of similar products compare the material specs and go from there. This is a great package deal so I figured why not ! The wife gave me permission to start the Dutchman’s clone and seed progect so I needed a place to start ! I have been asking her to let me get s second tent since I harvested my widows!! She gave in !

Persistence is the key lol :rofl:
I have a coolgrows 34”x34”x60” tent and I like it! No issues with light leaks, etc and it has a lot of venting options if you want to do passive intake. Can’t pass up a good package deal! I want to get a veg tent sometime in the future too, so I look forward to seeing how you set it all up!

Cool Grows isn’t available here in Canada.... lol so we have a whole different list of tents available some the same some different! I’m looking forward to getting it and setting it up! I may just have to christen it with a seed dropping party ! Hmmmmmm

It should be in by the end of this week ! So we will see !

Cool Grows isn’t available here in Canada.... lol so we have a whole different list of tents available some the same some different! I’m looking forward to getting it and setting it up! I may just have to christen it with a seed dropping party ! Hmmmmmm

It should be in by the end of this week ! So we will see !
Oops, sorry! I thought you said that was the type you got. Must’ve mixed myself up. :eek::D

Oops, sorry! I thought you said that was the type you got. Must’ve mixed myself up. :eek::D

Oh that was Mr.krip who bought the cool grows 4x4 tent recently for his drying area lol !

The tent I just bought is a :
Prime Garden 2x2x4 tent and comes with a bunch of additional goodies like trellis netting, a thermo- hygro, bonsai scissors and ratchet straps !

November 2 - Day 96
Flower Day 13
9 Days with Pistils
Hellooooo and Happy Friday ! The weekend is among us and it’s time to let loose and relax! I hope everyone gets some well needed rest ! I’m looking forward to some downtime and working around the house.

So, the Early Miss sisters. These girls have constantly impressed me and since being flipped almost 2 weeks ago now, they have showed me some lovely budsites forming up and pushing out loads of white hairs all over the place.

I recently got a macro app for my phone so I have been messing around with exposure and white balance. I got some really nice photos of them today and show their true green hues. The colour on them is a lovely green lush and resilient!

The stretch is starting to slow and they are starting to drink more. I’m thinking stretch should be done by mid week and these girls should be starting to focus on their flowers from there on out!

There is a bit of growth below the net that is shaded after the stretch so over the next few days I will start removing fan leaves through the lower portion and make a final decision of which lower branches have enough strength to keep around. @newty I would love some input or thoughts on how much you would remove!!

So looking through the lower canopy I noticed on EM 1 she’s starting to canabalize a few big fan leaves. I’m assuming this means she’s wanting more nutrients? Should I increase her feed strength ? She’s been getting 1/2 strength of the base nutes currently and the pictures show she’s extremely green and healthy ! Thoughts or advice would be great !

These girls are going to have some lovely colas I hope once they start putting on flower weight !!

Update on White Widow:yummy:
The widows have been curing for just over 2 weeks now and the jars are settled at 60-62% RH. So I think I will pull out a nug for my after dinner treat ! I’ll post some photos of some nugs in here later when I open the jars ! Going to be hard to choose which one as they have such different smells! WW1 has a sweet cinnamon peach smell and WW2 has that pungent amonia with a mixture of woody citrus! Super interesting smell profiles on both of them.

I’ve decided to give it a 4 week cure and then give out some sample baggies to friends and family with grading cards for feedback ! I’m interested to know how they compare the 2 plants and to hopefully improve my buds quality, look, frost, yield on my upcoming harvests !!

But enough of me rambling on here! Enjoy some of this OG with me and let’s settle in for the weekend !
:passitleft:

a bunch of cats
Bird...cats :eek:
@newty I would love some input or thoughts on how much you would remove!!
LOL! Really? I think you've been here long enough to know the answer to #whatwouldnewtydo :).
Should I increase her feed strength ?
If you were ever going to feed them more, now is the time to start. The plant is trying to pump out pistils and fatten the buds for you. Feed the beasts!

On a side note, any chance you can lift the one on the left with something to level the canopy on that side (if the net doesn't prevent that)? I'm a bit concerned about the fade on the far left (check out your first pic for the hotspots and light distribution).

The plants look great and I can hardly wait to see those buds start to fatten up. Looking good!

:rofl:
Wow, what expert camera took those pictures?? Beautiful and super clear detail :bravo:.
Ww1 by smell, sounds most interesting.

Thanks birdie ! Since I can’t pull these monsters out for a while figured I should balance my photos to show their true colours !

LOL! Really? I think you've been here long enough to know the answer to #whatwouldnewtydo :).

If you were ever going to feed them more, now is the time to start. The plant is trying to pump out pistils and fatten the buds for you. Feed the beasts!

On a side note, any chance you can lift the one on the left with something to level the canopy on that side (if the net doesn't prevent that)? I'm a bit concerned about the fade on the far left (check out your first pic for the hotspots and light distribution).

The plants look great and I can hardly wait to see those buds start to fatten up. Looking good!

Haha thanks Shed I think I already knew the answer ! lol

That’s what I was thinking! I was leaning towards increasing feed next feeding and see how she likes it ! I really want to give her everything to get the most from her so the more food she wants, the more food she will get !!

Noted on EM2 I’ll try to bring her up tomorrow and work her through the netting. I know she’s much smaller than EM1 but she’s still got fight in her! EM1 takes up probably close to 80% of the canopy:rofl:

Im really looking forward to seeing some flower weight pack on these girls !

Hope your well Shed !

Hey Dutch a few yellow fans = nothing to worry about. That's completely normal. It's a sign of a healthy plant doing whats she needs to do.

It's "senescence"

Those yellowing leaves are giving the flowers nutrients. Your nutrients that you feed the plant are not better than what she has made for herself. The fertilizer you're giving her is just different than what she has stored up in those fan leaves.

She's going to continue dropping those fans until you chop her down. It's going to be ok. Now for your style grow you have going there, it's best to really clean up the under growth. Cut off branches that are not going to amount to much so that the plant can concentrate on the big flowers.

Just because there are flowers that are shaded but big fan leaves doesn't mean those flowers wont grow into good buddage.

The fan leaves are making energy the plant needs for building flowers. The fan leaves make the energy, and then the plant "translocates" that energy into the parts of the plant that need it. At this stage its going to be the flowers. So the energy in the fans translocates to the flowers even if they are shaded (for now).

Even the shaded bud sights get light. The plant is constantly changing the leaf angles and locations while you're not there. You just see a snapshot of how it is now and then drawing conclusions. Its much more dynamic that what you think.

So when I cut off the lower laf... I do it intentionally and with a lot of forethought. Is this branch going to grow a meaningful flower? If not chop. I rarely take off fans that are green. Only if they are in contact with the soil. The fans will cycle and fall off and the plant will grow more back. You should be able to see the yellowing fan and very close to it several smaller fans that are younger. These will take the place of that big yellowing fan. No fan leaf will ever have a negative effect on a flower even if the flower is directly in the shade of that fan leaf.

Hope that makes sense... I look at it this way. The larger and more fan leaves = larger and more flowers.

There's quality and quantity so you have a fine line to walk here in your tent due to the size of your plants. It's a good thing, but going to take some work. I like to clear the LAF down low and thin out the centers (I never top plants) around the main stems. There's a lot of LAF in there that can be cleared away. That happens with the long VEG time. I like to clear off all the main stems probably up to the trellis and even a little more deep in the middle there.

You will get a feel for it the more plants you grow and the different conditions you encounter. It's all a learning curve. Having large plants is a good problem to have!

I get what you have when I flower a mother. I've got one going now that I had to do the above to.. I trimmed her down good. She's still large and out of hand.

When you have 15-20 main stems all with side branching, somethings gotta give. Best to get in there early like now and clean it out. I dont really take fans just side branches that are not going to make a big cola. Look at the woody material....but not the main branches. GL you got this...

Oh that was Mr.krip who bought the cool grows 4x4 tent recently for his drying area lol !

The tent I just bought is a :
Prime Garden 2x2x4 tent and comes with a bunch of additional goodies like trellis netting, a thermo- hygro, bonsai scissors and ratchet straps !

Actually, the 4'x4' is a Vivosun and just purchased a CoolGrows 36"x20"x62" for drying. It looks like CoolGrows is also the manufacturer of the Vivosun tents (or, they both buy from the same manufacturer!) since the components seem identical. They were incredibly inexpensive tents and seem to be very high quality for the price. :thumb:

Hey Dutch a few yellow fans = nothing to worry about. That's completely normal. It's a sign of a healthy plant doing whats she needs to do.

It's "senescence"

Those yellowing leaves are giving the flowers nutrients. Your nutrients that you feed the plant are not better than what she has made for herself. The fertilizer you're giving her is just different than what she has stored up in those fan leaves.

She's going to continue dropping those fans until you chop her down. It's going to be ok. Now for your style grow you have going there, it's best to really clean up the under growth. Cut off branches that are not going to amount to much so that the plant can concentrate on the big flowers.

Just because there are flowers that are shaded but big fan leaves doesn't mean those flowers wont grow into good buddage.

The fan leaves are making energy the plant needs for building flowers. The fan leaves make the energy, and then the plant "translocates" that energy into the parts of the plant that need it. At this stage its going to be the flowers. So the energy in the fans translocates to the flowers even if they are shaded (for now).

Even the shaded bud sights get light. The plant is constantly changing the leaf angles and locations while you're not there. You just see a snapshot of how it is now and then drawing conclusions. Its much more dynamic that what you think.

So when I cut off the lower laf... I do it intentionally and with a lot of forethought. Is this branch going to grow a meaningful flower? If not chop. I rarely take off fans that are green. Only if they are in contact with the soil. The fans will cycle and fall off and the plant will grow more back. You should be able to see the yellowing fan and very close to it several smaller fans that are younger. These will take the place of that big yellowing fan. No fan leaf will ever have a negative effect on a flower even if the flower is directly in the shade of that fan leaf.

Hope that makes sense... I look at it this way. The larger and more fan leaves = larger and more flowers.

There's quality and quantity so you have a fine line to walk here in your tent due to the size of your plants. It's a good thing, but going to take some work. I like to clear the LAF down low and thin out the centers (I never top plants) around the main stems. There's a lot of LAF in there that can be cleared away. That happens with the long VEG time. I like to clear off all the main stems probably up to the trellis and even a little more deep in the middle there.

You will get a feel for it the more plants you grow and the different conditions you encounter. It's all a learning curve. Having large plants is a good problem to have!

I get what you have when I flower a mother. I've got one going now that I had to do the above to.. I trimmed her down good. She's still large and out of hand.

When you have 15-20 main stems all with side branching, somethings gotta give. Best to get in there early like now and clean it out. I dont really take fans just side branches that are not going to make a big cola. Look at the woody material....but not the main branches. GL you got this...

Thanks for that info Bo ! Awesome read and I’m going to try and remove all lower weak growth that’s below the trellis and thin it out more. I want huge top dense colas and as much focus on those top colas resin production as possible !

I’ll take some before and after photos once I do this. Would you recommend waiting until stretch stops or work at it slowly over the next few days as stretch comes to a finish ? Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom