Dutty Retires To The Tent To Test LED Technology

Right on dude, very cool. I can't wait to bein your position... I get a glimpse of it through my fathers profession but not the glimpse I would prefer :cheesygrinsmiley: it's good to know things like that are coming around, it's what we need.

Yes, these are my kind of conversations......my father is a mechanical engineer that owns a small metal fab shop......we do have pretty new tech, just bought a new miller/Panasonic robot welder last October.....had to go to school for a week for it....lol. Anyway I'm following in his footsteps so to speak, although this green thumb thing is getting my attention. Hey max or Cajun.....you ever hear of solar panels that follow the suns path, throughout the day and year?

Damn solar panels should have been budgeted into our remodel but it was very pricey.

So I still have yet to get a feel for whether it would be more beneficial for others following this to use house and garden or docs kit. I'm assuming the kit cause there's way more users using it then house and garden.

So my Leds should be here by Friday maybe Saturday. So Thursday night I'll tally up which four strains were wanted the most and up pot them and isolate for 24hrs before tent time.

It's about to get crazy this next week

I may just use the h and g to start. On a side note once I'm out of house and garden I will be buying only enough to run like 6 plants a month compared to 75 I was buying for. I'm gonna keep house and garden on hand for most of my R&D work. But docs kit will be my primary it's just a huge huge huge cost saver for me.

I went from 1500$ every two months with house and garden to spending that maybe once a year if that.

On a side note once I'm out of house and garden I will be buying only enough to run like 6 plants a month compared to 75 I was buying for. But docs kit will be my primary it's just a huge huge huge cost saver for me.

I went from 1500$ every two months with house and garden to spending that maybe once a year if that.

Subbed and very interested in your findings Dutty. I'm using PlatinumLED but only have two 300w right now. When I finally get my grow room build I hope to be using Docs kit and many more PlatinumLEDs. July 1st Oregon will be starting into rec use and I will be applying for a growers license come January. Meanwhile 4 plants per household will be into effect. I know, it seems like such a small amount per household, I hope they change that to per individual.

When I was in Denver last month one of the reps for a LED grow light company told me Oregon has a plan to refund each grower $500 per LED light in an attempt to establish a lower electricity usage. If this is true it sure will help in start up costs.

:cheesygrinsmiley::grinjoint::cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes, these are my kind of conversations......my father is a mechanical engineer that owns a small metal fab shop......we do have pretty new tech, just bought a new miller/Panasonic robot welder last October.....had to go to school for a week for it....lol. Anyway I'm following in his footsteps so to speak, although this green thumb thing is getting my attention. Hey max or Cajun.....you ever hear of solar panels that follow the suns path, throughout the day and year?

Yeah, you just plot your lat/long, input your solar calendar day & the panels will follow the sun.
Arizona State U. in Phoenix uses this system for a huge ICC facility.

I may just use the h and g to start. On a side note once I'm out of house and garden I will be buying only enough to run like 6 plants a month compared to 75 I was buying for. I'm gonna keep house and garden on hand for most of my R&D work. But docs kit will be my primary it's just a huge huge huge cost saver for me.

Why is Doc's Kit cheaper? Because you re-use the soil? I have no experience with either Doc's or H&G so I am curious.

Thanks

Yeah, you just plot your lat/long, input your solar calendar day & the panels will follow the sun.
Arizona State U. in Phoenix uses this system for a huge ICC facility.

Is this system something offered to the public......or maybe not cost effective yet? Thanks for the point in the right direction......seems like every idea a guy has, has been thought of already.......me and a buddy once had an idea for cereal flavored milk, yep now you can buy it, that one might of had merit way back when we had it........ok I'll stop rambling......:passitleft:

Subbed in for this one!
I vote for Doc's Kit and:
Jillybean, Pestilence, Dutch and 9# hammer. Those TGA strains seem to love doc's kit.

Here here!!!! I agree with neiko! I have Jack Skellington going in veg right now and it seems to be loving life :) I'm already sold on DBHBB and Platinum so ill just sit and enjoy the show :)
Sub'd :)

Back
Top Bottom