DWC Brown Roots

Hythlodaeus

420 Member
Hi folks, I could do with some advice on this plant - I have two exactly then same in hydro buckets, both same color roots.

I have just started two Dutch Passion Auto Night Queen's in DWC.
The plant is about 2 weeks old, its had slightly brown root's from early days but seemed healthy.
Its in a 20 ltr bucket with Shogun Hydro Nutrients SHOGUN Samurai Hydroponics Nutrients - Nutrients & Boosters | GroWell Hydroponics

I also have some Silver Bullet Roots | GroWell Hydroponics
If it would help.

The plant seems to be doing well though, Im not sure if its a root issue or maybe a nutrient build up?

Its only 2 weeks or so into this grow so If its better to maybe ditch these and start fresh any advice would be welcome.:Namaste:

20171227_042848.jpg

20171227_042834.jpg
20171227_042817.jpg
20171227_042746.jpg
20171227_041817.jpg
20171227_041811.jpg
20171227_041714.jpg
20171227_041702.jpg

What’s the waters temp? Do you use z7 or hydroguard.

The plant looks good.

HydroGuard is expensive and has a short halflife but has a great rep. Dunno bout Z7 personally, but people seem to like it.

My preachment is cool water, good aeration (especially as roots start to fill up the res!), and adding a small circulation pump, the kind that you can buy to submerge in an aquarium. Think swiftly flowing bubbling mountain stream versus fetid, stagnant swamp.

What is your water temp? Res temp is more important than people think. 62-68f is the ideal range.

6882318A-A3F7-407B-A235-87A414E64323.jpeg

I use z7 so I don't worry about temps too much. Although I realize the hotter it is the less oxygen. Z7 is awesome. I watched it clear my root rot up last year very fast. I had res temps close to 80. After adding z7 they were fine.
His pic could be hydroton dust and nute stained. Plants look good.
You have the same ppm meter as me. I just calibrated mine the other day after using it a year. Less than 30 ppm off. The screw is beside the shift button on the left side under the label. You have to cut a hole. You can feel the hole.
420-magazine-mobile956050941.jpg

to me looks like hidroton dust , maybe use some h2O2 to make sure , don't ditch them , beautiful plants

He has some silver bullet which is h2o2 but I am just not fond of it.

Hey again, I have just cleaned out the water reservoir for the first time, noticed some rusty color build up on air stone and bottom of the container, not sure what it was tbh, I can only think its maybe from the clay pebbles like you said, maybe didnt wash them well enough when i used them.

Everything had a good clean and i have added some of the Silver Bullet solution i have at the moment, says it eliminates 99.99% root problems so hopefully it will help. Is there any down side to using silver bullet / h202?

I'm from the UK so Hydroguard seems difficult to get hold off here, Is it similar to the silver bullet solution or this one i found, seems to be useful Healthy Root - Pest Control & Plant Health | GroWell Hydroponics

My water temps are around 72 F. :Namaste:

Probably hydroton dust and nute buildup. Silver bullet should be ok. Can you get ahold of z7?
I think your on the right track.

Back
Top Bottom