Early Budding Sex Determination: Please Help Me!

I've been told with sensitive genos especially unless all were genetically already male u would see both prolly closer to the bottom sun almost made mine look 100% male.i dunno if u wanna try it or next time u pop them if u have more put a sensitive geno to sleep one light cycle if u have dimmer cut back slightly and over 24 hrs adjust to full. If u do believe hermy and not male u could cut them all off reveg a week or 2 and try easing them in but from the pistils looks male not herm

Ok guys, man o man, so much help and info to digest for this "Old Newbie". Soooooo here we go again, sorry for being so needy but im dying to get into some flowering fun and enjoy the final ride and quit being nervous over losing my "maybe female" winner/s to male pollination. As promised here I am 4 days later with latest pix. I felt strongly about the tall skinny plant in the 1st pic being Male, so hes already put of the box. Then theres pix of the remaining 4, hopefully the ole flip phone shot clear enough to help U help me. My thoughts are that im down to one female plant, being the last pic! If thats the case im still happy to have one to work with for my first grow. That being said is it too late to try some LST on it as I now have space to spread it out, or is it a good time? Thank a ton in advance for all your help/time on this subject folks!

Bud 0.JPG

Bud 1.JPG

Bud 2.JPG

Bud 3.JPG

Bud 4.JPG

If you are trying to ascertain the plant gender, try to take pics close up to a node, as it is close to the node where the very small gender structures are found, and to tell whether the plant it male or female, it is these structures you need to see clearly enough to determine what they are, so taking a pic of the whole plant when you need to look close at the tiny node area is going to be too far away to judge. It looks to me that all your pics are potentially male and the last pic may be female but it is a bit fuzzy and needs to be more focused on the node. I don't know if with your phone camera, whether you are able to touch the screen at the node to tell the camera to focus on the node, it looks like the camera's auto focus has focused instead on other structures like a leaf for example leaving the node detail blurry. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Ok heres the latest folks. After great input from my new grow Homies and making my own observations , I have decide to remove 4 males of the 5 plants I worked my butt off since October to get to this cycle of life. But Im here to say yeaaaaaa, for having one good female for my 1st grow to end this Winter of doom, not plants but world stress in general. I have left a "what my SUPER generous new friend" calls a "Black water" plant. I have decided to be a bit aggressive and try my hand at some LST since I have only the one, im excited for the possibility of gaining some buds/colas for now. I did bring my Growstar 60 watt LED lite back down to 18" above the canopy per the manufacturer for flower. Please check her out and comment accordingly. Im having a blast with it all and love the support I get here! Signed old ass guy!

Lst on 1-21-21 2.JPG

Lst on 1-21-21.JPG

I would look back at what manufacturers suggestions usually have 2 suggested heights just different foot prints. Being that you have one and it's only 60watt ur not going to burn them I bet they say you can put it at 12inch
Sorry friend, type O,,. it a 600 watt LED!

GMO strain:

"Contrary to what you might think, GMO Cookies is not a genetically modified organism but a cross between Chemdawg D and a GSC (formerly Girl Scout Cookies) Forum cut. Also known as GMO or Garlic Cookies, GMO Cookies has been attributed to the breeder Mamiko Seeds, but this skunky phenotype has also been said to have been discovered by a breeder named skunkmasterflex.

While Mamiko seems to have called it just GMO, dispensaries were understandably wary of having that “GMO” label on their shelves and went with Garlic Cookies instead. GMO Cookies is said to carry a flavor of garlic, mushroom, and onion that descends from its Chemdawg lineage."

I've grown all of the vairiants parents and GMO.

GMO first puff will taste like you''re smoking garlic.

Pro Tip: I got used to it after the first puff. Do not toss.

Back
Top Bottom