Early onset dementia and PTSD

Pennywise, I am so online adverse. I don't have FB, Instagram or Twitter. Thanks though. I keep my footprint small with hubby getting all paranoid and all. Last night a new side of his disease showed up. If it wasn't sad it would be funny; he got upset I was massaging my sore knee instead of massaging his sore shoulder. Woah, I guess he never heard put the oxygen mask on yourself first.

The doctors gave G2 4 years to live but she’s at 3 years and going strong. She has a lot of bad days but she’s still hanging strong. The thing is she understands your husband and why he thinks the way he does.

My biggest enemy is insomnia. I seldom have problems falling asleep but my night is generally a series of short naps and between these periods is when I often experience some horrific depression. I exclusively use orally ingested medication. Heavy indica strains in doses between 10-25mg are the worst trigger. I’ve tried degrading thc to cbn with equally adverse effects in most any dose. Even using 25mg full spectrum CBD (thc content .273) also evokes depression to a lesser degree.
@10mg this same medicine offers a very relaxed sensation but short of inducing sleep.

I’ve recently adapted a new schedule that is offering some of the best sleep patterns I’ve experienced in years. And actually, I think it’s due to what I’m doing in the afternoon rather than the medication I’m taking just before bedtime.

I’m a firm believer that we’re losing a lot of goodness this miracle plant has to offer through extractions, infusions and assundried unnecessary manipulations. I, therefore, do a good decarb in my nova, finely grind the bud and use it directly in whatever form I can.

Shortly after lunch, I take a size 1 cap of moderately tamped bud (Dance World or Dlue Dream CBD, both supposedly a 1:1 ratio) to which I’ve added about 10 drops of tainted MCT oil. The MCT oil contains a 2% mixture of terpene additive (equal ratio of limonene, alpha-pinene, beta caryophyllene, linalool and myrcene and a 2% mixture of a Blue Dream ethanol extracted tincture.

This offers great emotional stability for me. The onset comes on in 30-60 minutes with a gradual ramp up to a mild peak at about 5 hours and often still able to recognize positive effects as long as 8 hours after medication.

By 9 pm my lunch medication has worn off and I then eat a buckeye candy with ground decarbed Bubba Kush. I summize that the dosage is about 10-15 mg of cannabinoids. I think the let down of the end of the lunch medication cycle coupled with the evening medication offers a timely combination I generally hit the bed at about 10 pm and am asleep in less than 30 minutes and enjoy about 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

A good strong cup of coffee in the morning seems to almost regenerate the cannabis effect and offers a bit of emotional stability through the morning hours.

Again, I reiterated, anatomical diversity can often cause inconsistencies but perhaps there’s something here that some may draw from. The strength offered from a forum is the composite of the knowledge of the members from which we may find useful tidbits that we may adapt to our own circumstances. So, there’s my 2 cents worth!

:bravo: I'm going to give that a shot. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone. Great conversation. I have so much to learn. I am definitely going to try some of the WW and Northern Lights we have in veg stage. I take 2 meds. Effexor and Rexalti. Would like to be able to go without in the future.
I hope you do, I lost two years of my life letting the so-called doctors experiment on me with the meds. I now us weed when necessary.
Glad to have you with us here.

When you have PTSD, anxiety keeps you from trying things. Thanks to all of you, I feel so much more confident in trying cannabis strains you recommend. Blessed are the growers of mother nature's miracles!

Welcome! :welcome:

Similar situation here... Crazy upbringing, youngest of 5. That and a massive heart attack at 41 left me with significant PTSD. The weed totally quells it. I use spreadsheets to keep myself prioritized, to offset any issues with smoking every day. Has worked well for 8 years now. Also, aside from smoking the weed, the growing process really is a special kind of healing therapy that I just can't get any where else.

Again, welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you have this terrible disease too. I hope your heart is strong after the attack. I recently found out that the severe anxiety can cause heart problems. Glad the cannabis helps you.

The spread sheet is just my type of thing. Thank you. Organizing is just what this calls for! I love this stuff.

Welcome! :welcome:

Similar situation here... Crazy upbringing, youngest of 5. That and a massive heart attack at 41 left me with significant PTSD. The weed totally quells it. I use spreadsheets to keep myself prioritized, to offset any issues with smoking every day. Has worked well for 8 years now. Also, aside from smoking the weed, the growing process really is a special kind of healing therapy that I just can't get any where else.

Again, welcome to the community.

I SOOOOOO agree! For me the only thing about cannabis that has become addictive is the gardening! I check on it way too often. Just pull up a chair, put on some good music and watch the garden grow. Pure serenity!

:welcome: to :420: Newfun :ciao:
Hi Newfun welcome to 420.
As far as PTSD, WW stops my head from "spinning" when something trigger's my PTSD. WW also helps nightmares and day time flashbacks.
WW= White Widow.

Wick :morenutes:
WW just stops the dreams/night mares all together for me...when I smoke it...a lot :rofl:
I'm trying the Kush strain this time around. My newest little girl is OG Kush, I'm hoping for good results without couch lock like the WW gives me.
I got a clone recently :hmmmm: looks like my GDP but is a Ghost OG or so I was told :reading420magazine: but that little monster is POTENT !!:lot-o-toke: I smoke a lot and this girl knocks me TFO :goof: wish I knew what it actually was so I could recommend it :popcorn:

When you have PTSD, anxiety keeps you from trying things. Thanks to all of you, I feel so much more confident in trying cannabis strains you recommend. Blessed are the growers of mother nature's miracles!

I fully understand where you are. Anxiety is a constant companion of PTSD sufferers and often morphs into paranoia. Taking the first step can be daunting but you have a good support team here. Just adhere to the adage “start low and go slow” and choose a proper strain. As penny wise said, expect some trial and errors for a while but it’s all going to be worth the effort!

Good luck
BCDD

Good morning Newfun, I have a co worker who is caring for his elder mom with dementia. She gets into anxiety fits at times and he gives her a single infused gummy from the dispensary. In about a half hour she calms and knows him again and is somewhat normal and calm. He does this behind some of her doctors backs but some are on board. So a regular gummy is it for her for now. I don't know how much thc is in them. The fits he described sound similar. There's anger and confusion. Later.

Good morning Newfun, I have a co worker who is caring for his elder mom with dementia. She gets into anxiety fits at times and he gives her a single infused gummy from the dispensary. In about a half hour she calms and knows him again and is somewhat normal and calm. He does this behind some of her doctors backs but some are on board. So a regular gummy is it for her for now. I don't know how much thc is in them. The fits he described sound similar. There's anger and confusion. Later.

Very common and quite often what prompts family members to seek a diagnosis/help. Glad your coworker has found something to help.

Y'all are so cool. This growing experience is what excites me. I wish the plants needed me more. Lol. Going to read up about making gummies. I need more hobbies that are productive. I am going to start artistic(hopefully) painting once area downstairs is finished. Cannabis paintings could be my niche.

Y'all are so cool. This growing experience is what excites me. I wish the plants needed me more. Lol. Going to read up about making gummies. I need more hobbies that are productive. I am going to start artistic(hopefully) painting once area downstairs is finished. Cannabis paintings could be my niche.

Glad you are enjoying. I'd love to see some art from you. My wife is into that. She mainly does printmaking now but started out drawing and painting. It's good therapy.

Back
Top Bottom