Edzzi's Hydro 800W Autos - 2011

edzzi

:welcome:Hello everyone, first of all excuse my bad english language, i'll try and i would like to have a grow journal hopefully u guys can help me growing some good stuff, i've read alot of grow journals here in 420magazine and it was very helpful about alot of things , ok time to share some infos about my grow
this is gonna be my second grow ever and i will be using Autoflowers since i tried and order seeds from the sites and for some reason they not shipping in my country, and i lost alot of euros, but anyways a friend of mine is in italy for some work and i ordered him to buy me some seeds, and the only place he found waz buddhaseedbank, so i told him to buy me ,
5 Red Dwarf feminized autos
5 white dwarf feminized autos
10 mixed assorted autos
he waz suppose to arrive today (friday) but he told me today that he will be here next week, (2 or 3 days max)

ill be growing at least 8 of them, mixed, and from the infos i got from their site, they will be ready to harvest, 50-60 days from seeds, i'll upload some pictures of my setup , then i'll be uploading pictures along with the grow.
and of course if someone reads this and have more infos about the autos, i have a question.
I will be using 2 x 200w cfl for vegetative grow and for flowering phase ill be using, 2 x 400w HPS ( 110.000 lumens total of hps ) , my question is ,
will i have to give them 24hrs lights on or should i change like normal seeds with 18/6 hrs , and for flowering phase 12/12 ?
and another question,
i will be using CO2 too, but can anyone tell me , how do i know how much co2 im giving them, or is it like a time like 5 minutes a day in flowering phase, how do i know how much co2 im giving them?
now time for pictures of my setup
sorry for the bad cam, its phone cam but ill be uploading better pictures later on in my grow,
thanks anyone that reads my grow journal and lets have some fun, wish me good luck :Namaste:

by the way, thats my setup hydro i made with some pots that i needed to cut to make them like net pots, cuz belive me or not guys, in my country i searched for net pots they dont have any clue even what that does, cuz here everyone grows flowers with soil , but i dont wanna mess with soil
how to u like my setup?, i be using air pump with to outputs to put some nice oksygen in my roots along with the nutrients, hope its not too much oksygen?
and one more thing , my growbox dimensions are
Length 150cm
Height 200cm
Width 150cm
thank u again in advance.

peace on earth
edzzi

hydrosetup.jpg

growbox2.jpg

bubbles5.jpg

09232011252.jpg

09232011239.jpg

hydro17.jpg

HEyyyyy i almost forgot about the nutrients ill be Using

HESI Hydro grow and Hesi hydro bloom nutrients, as long as ive read those are great for hydro grow
and a supervit hesi for entire grow
and as i see i forgot one important thing too,
about the air circulation ill be using Carbon Filter φ100 x 400mm
and some fans too
hope yall like my setup, and im ready for some grow
pictures of co2 and hps lights will be uplading soon

Re: edzzi's Hydro 800w AUTOS / 2011

Hi Edzzi!

Congrats on the new grow. I think your English is great - and I applaud you with getting involved in our community here. It's filled with some of the best growers in the world, and you have 2 of them following already in Smoke2J's and 420fied, so you're off to a great start. I thought I'd offer a few tips/suggestions:

First, like Smoke2J's suggests, keep it on 18/6 or even 20/4 (20 hours on, 4 off) the entire grow cycle. You should be able to leave it the same the whole time.

Second, don't "top" your plants or clip them other than removing dead leaves. Auto flower plants are on a timer, in a sense, and topping will only slow their growth and limit their potential. In a sense, there is no vegetative period. Think of it like they're in flowering from day one and you'll have the right mindset.

Alternative to topping: tuck fan leaves beneath future bud-sites to get more light to them. I believe it makes a difference and might have been some of the best advice I got with my auto-flower grow. (Thanks God's Trichome!)

My advice since you are new to growing is to skip the CO2 for now. It will complicate your grow efforts, and you can still grow with great success without it. After a successful grow or two, bring CO2 into your process. Alternatively, find an experienced grower who has good experience with this to help. (420fied/S2J: I can't remember do you guys ever use CO2? I just use the "Exhale" mycelial mass kind).

At a glance, your hydro setup looks fine enough, and don't worry you aren't in any danger of having too much air/oxygen in the nutrients. I'm not sure you can get "too much" frankly with that type of hydro, though there is a definite limit to how much is necessary. Make sure you keep the nutrient solution in those containers cool - if the water/nutrients get too warm, the plant won't be able to use oxygen as well. This is very important when growing with DWC hydroponics.

I'll follow along and provide feedback if I have it.

:goodluck: and let me know if I can help somehow and I'll do my best. X

:bong:

Re: edzzi's Hydro 800w AUTOS / 2011

Hi Edzzi!

Congrats on the new grow. I think your English is great - and I applaud you with getting involved in our community here. It's filled with some of the best growers in the world, and you have 2 of them following already in Smoke2J's and 420fied, so you're off to a great start. I thought I'd offer a few tips/suggestions:

First, like Smoke2J's suggests, keep it on 18/6 or even 20/4 (20 hours on, 4 off) the entire grow cycle. You should be able to leave it the same the whole time.

Second, don't "top" your plants or clip them other than removing dead leaves. Auto flower plants are on a timer, in a sense, and topping will only slow their growth and limit their potential. In a sense, there is no vegetative period. Think of it like they're in flowering from day one and you'll have the right mindset.

Alternative to topping: tuck fan leaves beneath future bud-sites to get more light to them. I believe it makes a difference and might have been some of the best advice I got with my auto-flower grow. (Thanks God's Trichome!)

My advice since you are new to growing is to skip the CO2 for now. It will complicate your grow efforts, and you can still grow with great success without it. After a successful grow or two, bring CO2 into your process. Alternatively, find an experienced grower who has good experience with this to help. (420fied/S2J: I can't remember do you guys ever use CO2? I just use the "Exhale" mycelial mass kind).

At a glance, your hydro setup looks fine enough, and don't worry you aren't in any danger of having too much air/oxygen in the nutrients. I'm not sure you can get "too much" frankly with that type of hydro, though there is a definite limit to how much is necessary. Make sure you keep the nutrient solution in those containers cool - if the water/nutrients get too warm, the plant won't be able to use oxygen as well. This is very important when growing with DWC hydroponics.

I'll follow along and provide feedback if I have it.

:goodluck: and let me know if I can help somehow and I'll do my best. X

:bong:

:thanks:thanks alot Smoke2Js , 420fied and xlr8,
thanks for the help guys and xlr8, i was gonna ask about topping too, thanks for mentioning it, i wont be messing with them by topping them since they are auto flowers
about keeping water/nutrients cool in the containers, what do u suggest how can i keep them cool and not gettin too warm?
i was thinking about changing the water/nutrients like every week to keep them cool and fresh, if theres any other way to keep them like constant temp in the water/nutrients , it would be a good help, otherwise i think changing the water every week should help,
anyways i'm so glad u guys will be following this, i'm sure i'm gonna have more questions along with the grow and have some good feedback/advice/suggestions/tips like this in the entire grow,
good luck to everyone and stay high
thanks again
:high-five:

Re: edzzi's Hydro 800w Autos / 2011

Hi Edzzi -

Probably one of the best things to do to keep the water cool or effective is to keep your environment cool (75f/25 celsius) or so. If you have good aeration and you can keep the inside of the tent around 24-25 celsius, you should be fine.

If you're temps inside start to get much above that you can incorporate a "chiller" which is a system designed to keep nutrients cool, but that can be pricey and adds complication to your simple DWC system.

Alternatively, if you need to keep your nutrients cooler and don't want a significant money investment, you can add frozen water bottles inside your reservoir (tote in this case) periodically to help keep the nutrients cooler. Cheap, but effective if you have the time to keep moving frozen bottles of water in and out of there.

Hopefully you'll be able to keep the tent below 25c and maintain good aeration with your airpump and air-stones. Hope this helps. :cheer:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

damn i know its been a long time, but i tried and i failed cuz of the weather its too cold to do something, then i tried again, then this is what happened,
i grew those ladies in very bad conditions, from the start the temp inside the grow tend was 13 to 20 celsius, and this is what happend, if someone is seein these pictures please dont hesitate to give me any comments of what do u think , its been a month now, and this is how they look,
12102011396.jpg

12102011395.jpg

12102011392.jpg

12102011391.jpg

12092011382.jpg

12082011377.jpg

sorry for the f'd up quality pictures, ill upload with some high quality soon, of course if they dont fail,
just another thing, they are all autoflowers and 3 of them are white dwarf, one of them mixed, and one of them red dwarf,
i use 2x 800watt hps lights, a carbon filter and a fan
please some advice :(, do u guys think they gonna survive , they startin to get pretty big girls,
good luck to all

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine! :Namaste:

:420:

Back
Top Bottom