Effects of holding

LungsofSTEEL

Alright i looked around for a while and i couldnt find a definate answer on this.
Obviously the longer you hold the smoke in your lungs the more thc is absorbed into your body, but to what extent? Is there a point that you are just shorting yourself of oxygen instead of getting higher, and how long should i hold smoke to get the maximum effect? - Thanks

4 seconds? wow. i hold up to 30 seconds sometimes smoking by myself, guess im just wasting my time. i usually hold until i get it back when im smoking with others though, seems to get me higher regardless

I've heard you only hurt yourself by holding. My source said all the "good stuff" enters your blood stream almost immediately. Meanwhile, by holding longer you're exposing yourself to more of the "bad stuff" (burning plant material, carcinogens, etc.) because they take longer to get into your blood stream.

Breathing in more deeply, however, was said to be important for getting the "good stuff."

So that's what I do: breathe in real deep, then breathe out immediately. Seems to work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't remember where I first read this info. I seem to remember it was more of a scientific paper, but it could well have just been some moron like me spouting off on the internet.

I've heard you only hurt yourself by holding. My source said all the "good stuff" enters your blood stream almost immediately. Meanwhile, by holding longer you're exposing yourself to more of the "bad stuff" (burning plant material, carcinogens, etc.) because they take longer to get into your blood stream.

Breathing in more deeply, however, was said to be important for getting the "good stuff."

So that's what I do: breathe in real deep, then breathe out immediately. Seems to work.

DISCLAIMER: I can't remember where I first read this info. I seem to remember it was more of a scientific paper, but it could well have just been some moron like me spouting off on the internet.

I heard the same thing some years back. I have tried both not holding and holding and notice no real difference. I do still hold my breath, but only from habit.:smokin:

Holding the smoke in for long periods of time doesn't get you higher. That feeling you're getting is the lack of oxygen to the brain.

Try standing up as you are clearing a bong.

oxygen, nitrogen, and other chemicals only enter the blood stream through the lungs when inhaling. thats why you cant hold you breathe and still feel like youre getting oxygen.

I usually do that, along with holding for 3-5 seconds, and I must say. It does the job.:smokin:

Try standing up as you are clearing a bong.

i made that mistake one time but i was surprised wat happened cuz im a daily smoker i have a good handle on my high, i took a large hit of crystal from a bong stood up to put it on the entertainment unit shelf while holding the toke in and the next thing i remember was waking up on the ground looking at the base of my couch all confused....i had fallen onto the corner of my wooden coffee table broke a strip of it off and had a nasty welt on my rib from where i presumably hit the table lol......i took another toke after that and went to bed for a while

Back
Top Bottom