If you hold in the smoke, will you get more high?

johnnyboy623

I was wondering if anyone else believed in this because I do, because when I blow out my smoke after holding it in for a long time there's a lot less thickness..I always thought this made more of the THC absorb into your lungs.
But I don't know, this is just what I think....anyone else notice this?

Well, duh...

Yes, you get higher the longer you hold it in.

you are supposed ot hold it in

also coughing opens up parts of your lungs that arnt normally exposed so you will accually get higher by coughing during or shortly after a good hit

Some say nay some say yay.

Me I beleive if you hold it over 20 seconds your hitting it right.

i dunno if yall tried dis b4 but wen u smoke wit ya ppl's take a hit hold it in till its ya turn again its called chicago and it fuk's u up

spankyhaze said:
i dunno if yall tried dis b4 but wen u smoke wit ya ppl's take a hit hold it in till its ya turn again its called chicago and it fuk's u up

I've definatley enjoyed, (and struggled) through this technique and similar ones. We've always called it Indian Style though.

or we just called it getting really stoned

Zacaboo288 said:
After about 5 seconds of holding the hit in most of what contributes to your high is oxygen deprevation. Only the surface area of your lungs is what absorbs the THC. SO what happens to the smoke floating around not making contact with your lung tissues? Nothing at all. It's wasted. Take a bunch of small hits if you're trying to make the most of it, or take one big hit, let it out a little bit, breathe it back in with some air, repeat until it's about gone and hit again.

Thank you, Finally somebody with some knowledge on here. :adore:

:grinjoint: :allgood:

yeah not really important but the thing with holding ur hit till ur next one comes, is called suicides between my friends. i guess makes us pussies for calling that suicidal but its definitely potent

Zacaboo288 said:
After about 5 seconds of holding the hit in most of what contributes to your high is oxygen deprevation. Only the surface area of your lungs is what absorbs the THC. SO what happens to the smoke floating around not making contact with your lung tissues? Nothing at all. It's wasted. Take a bunch of small hits if you're trying to make the most of it, or take one big hit, let it out a little bit, breathe it back in with some air, repeat until it's about gone and hit again.
Thankyou.

The best test to know when you should stop holding it in is when you see eye floaters...you all know what i'm talking about..those shiney bastards....here let me explain:

The Entopic phenomenon or (Scheerer's phenomenon) is when you one can actually visualise blood flow through the retinal blood vessels. We all have the potential to see the blood flow but most of us are able to ignore this. Some people may become suddenly aware of this and this sudden awareness may lead to the idea that there is a problem with the eyes, when actually there is not. This moving dots effect are actually leukocytes, or white blood cells (WBC), which move along through the blood-filled capillaries.
There are many capillaries on the retina which have the shape of a snake, a sine-wave, and when a leukocyte travels through that channel, it executes a sinusoidal "wiggle" motion. The capillaries are said to be normally invisible because they are full of hemocytes (red blood cells), and these hemocytes are too close to each other, and too far away from the retina to create individual moving shadows. Therefore, like the capillaries themselves, our retinas "edit" the blood cells out the view perceived by our brains. On the other hand, the leukocytes (White blood cells) are large, and they act like gaps in the columns of blood which fill the capillaries. These "moving holes" in the blood are made visible whenever we stare at a uniformly illuminated surface.
The entopic phenomenon can be seen especially observed when looking at a bright blue sky. Small, rapid pin-point sparks of light can be seen darting about in the central vision. Some people may think that these sparks are floaters. In reality, they represent white blood cells moving through the blood capillaries of the retina. This is a normal finding, and actually may indicate normal retinal function :smokin:

i'll have to try and remember to concentrate harder next time i'm holdin in a ripper. but like i said, i have to try and remember...

Ha I know what snapper means with the blood vessells and shit, thats wen i get killer hits and cough

what if you hold it, then blow it into a balloon, then inhale it again? just stale smoke? I have tried it, but I couldnt tell any difference, I was already stoned. But I know if you inhale stale smoke outta a bong, it will make u puke and it hurts like hell.

Before i started smoking cigarettes, I could hold fairly large hits till the smoke was almost completely gone, I did this to hide the smell from my parents and man that did the trick for both reasons.

smoking cigs after weed doesn't get you higher..at most you get oxygen deprivation to the brain...theres a thread around here or in the general area...look for it and decied for yourself

mcdowell

i always get way stonder than my friends cuz i hold it as long as i can, generally untill it comes back(unless there is a bunch of people or we are tokin on a blunt, we like to set and cheef on them for a min). . . but i get hella stoneded

Back
Top Bottom