Effects Of Potassium On Cannabinoids

ASIDE FROM MY PRIMARY CAREER AS A BIOPHARMACEUTICAL MICROBIOLOGIST FOR +30YEARS I WAS ALSO TEN YEAR'D INSTRUCTOR OF ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY, BOTANY AS WELL AS ATMOSPHERIC, OCEANOGRAPHIC AND GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES.....I USED TO PUT 2 SAYINGS ON THE BOARD PRIOR TO EVERY SEMESTER....
#1. TOO SOON OLD.....TOO LATE SMART

#2. STUPIDITY IS FOREVER....IGNORANCE IS CURABLE

SO.....WHERE DO FALL IN THIS SPECTRUM?? I DON'T NEED TO ASSERT ANYTHING....MY INTELLIGENCE IS A GIFT AND I SHARE IT WITH LIKE MINDED INDIVIDUALS.....75% OF COMMUNICATION IS LISTENING. ADDITIONALLY, YOU STATEMENT .....You don’t get to the level of employing D.O.E. Without first going through exploration and discovery. IS SERIOUSLY MISGUIDED AND FLAWED.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Albert Einstein

He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.

Confucius

I knew when you made up the term “real science” to pat yourself on the back it was gonna be humorous but I didn’t realize you were gonna pretend your intelligence is a gift any of us wants, that’s funny.

Every word you type just continues to prove my points over and over. It would seem with your gift of intelligence that you’d be able to understand that science involves more than your tiny slice of reality. Perhaps the weight of your gifted mind prevents you from understanding how to think outside of your carefully cultivated environment. Or perhaps there’s just so much knowledge packed into your human sized brain that you don’t have room for anything else except your tiny area of expertise.

Not surprising really, just another confirmation of the arrogant dismissive attitude of the very same institutions and professions that can be bought and paid for by the Sacklers, Big oil, and any other variety of humanity scourging industries that need “Real science” to confirm their lies.

If you do not mind me answering that, since @InTheShed and I basically run the same numbers...

More K in flower is really subjective to what the grower was using as a base nute in veg. The research article says that max yield is at 175 ppm K. If your base nute was 100 ppm, upping K to 175 through some sort of booster may increase yield. What the article is also saying is that increasing K also reduces cannabinoids. Max cannabinoids are down at 60 ppm K. So you're trading cannabinoids for yield. You as a grower can choose what you're chasing. Max yield or max cannabinoids based on your feeding of K. Without busting out the calculator, I believe the base mix that you've been running from Shed's recommendations are close to 150-30-175. So you're on a max yield diet.

You want to see what happens at a lower level of K? Like 100 ppm though flower? Will there be a K deficiency? I'm fixing to whip up a fresh batch of nutes and give it a shot.
Am I understanding this correctly ? More "K" = More Weight & Less potent weed & Less "K" = Less Yield & More Potent Weed ? That's what I'm getting out of it. I might have Shed whip me up some calculations both ways & do a side by side.
That's my way of doing a scientific study.... lol. Trial & Error !
Hmmm, which plant to clone ?

That’s all that matters because in reality it doesn’t matter what scientists and institutions claim. What they’ve failed to mention to the peasants beneath them who can’t possibly understand their massive brains is they have an extreme replication problem. For example:

“The US Food and Drug Administration, for example, discovered that 10-20% of medical studies between the years 1977 and 1990 were flawed. In 2012, Begley and Ellis discovered that out of 53 pre-clinical cancer studies, only 11% could be successfully replicated.

A survey by Nature discovered that more than 70% of respondents had failed to reproduce the results of at least one other study. Over half could not replicate at least one of their experiments”

This is occurring across all fields of science. There are vast amounts of studies and experiments whose findings simply cannot be replicated.

Oh, I forgot I have Plant Check.... So I'd be able to see what the THC & CBD content is of each plant. That would be enough to cure my curiosity of the "K" dilemma.
I'll do it as well. The cost for a lab here to do a simple potency test is $30 per sample, and it tests both THC and CBD.

Am I understanding this correctly ? More "K" = More Weight & Less potent weed & Less "K" = Less Yield & More Potent Weed ? That's what I'm getting out of it.

Essentially. It’s a dance, like pretty much everything else we do. You can get better yields but your extra K reduces secondary metabolites which are responsible for things like flavors, smells, quality, etc.

It’s all about finding your happy medium, similar to trichome colors at harvest

That’s all that matters because in reality it doesn’t matter what scientists and institutions claim. What they’ve failed to mention to the peasants beneath them who can’t possibly understand their massive brains is they have an extreme replication problem. For example:

“The US Food and Drug Administration, for example, discovered that 10-20% of medical studies between the years 1977 and 1990 were flawed. In 2012, Begley and Ellis discovered that out of 53 pre-clinical cancer studies, only 11% could be successfully replicated.

A survey by Nature discovered that more than 70% of respondents had failed to reproduce the results of at least one other study. Over half could not replicate at least one of their experiments”

This is occurring across all fields of science. There are vast amounts of studies and experiments whose findings simply cannot be replicated.
I believe with weed it's all in the genetics & has very little to do with the nutes we feed as long as they're cannabis type nutes. If both parents were good & strong, the seeds they produce most likely follow the same path. It's just my opinion. No scientific study to back it up, from me at least.

Essentially. It’s a dance, like pretty much everything else we do. You can get better yields but your extra K reduces secondary metabolites which are responsible for things like flavors, smells, quality, etc.

It’s all about finding your happy medium, similar to trichome colors at harvest
Trichome color sure seems to make a big difference. I've always waited till I had 25% - 35% Amber in the past because of the so called couch lock effect. The very last grow I did I harvested with just 10% Amber because I've been told several times that's when the weed is the strongest. Had to find out for myself. From now on I'll be harvesting with only 10% - 15% Amber as it was the best weed I've ever grown. And guess what ? It still gives me the couch lock effect !

I believe with weed it's all in the genetics & has very little to do with the nutes we feed as long as they're cannabis type nutes. If both parents were good & strong, the seeds they produce most likely follow the same path. It's just my opinion. No scientific study to back it up, from me at least.
I think growers skill and knowledge first, then genetics. I've taken over many cuts that I was told were "bunk" that turned out really good. People are very fast to blame genetics when the plant does'nt perform from grower error.

Genetics are very important in cannabis. This makes sense if you think about the way we selectively domesticated our food sources. Stripping out the weak allows us to really focus in on the differences inherent in each strain. With that being said, the grower is also important. You can have the best genetics in the world but if you water log the plant then harvest too late or too early you’ll seriously screw your plant up. If you screw up your feedings and nutrition you can seriously hamper yield and metabolites. If we removed humans from the picture then yes genetics would likely be king. However, as with most systems, once we introduce humans, stuff gets crazy lol.

Trichome color sure seems to make a big difference. I've always waited till I had 25% - 35% Amber in the past because of the so called couch lock effect. The very last grow I did I harvested with just 10% Amber because I've been told several times that's when the weed is the strongest. Had to find out for myself. From now on I'll be harvesting with only 10% - 15% Amber as it was the best weed I've ever grown. And guess what ? It still gives me the couch lock effect !

This is a good example of the grower having an outsized impact on the genetics. You can have a primo lineage but if your body doesn’t like amber trichomes, it’s gonna wreak havoc on you if you wait too long to harvest. Humans in the system throw in so many variables just by existing lol.

I might have Shed whip me up some calculations both ways & do a side by side.
Hmmm, which plant to clone ?

It might be difficult to accomplish using off the shelf products, especially MC as a base since it already has so much K. Even with having a lot of individual salts at my disposal, it took a good deal of manipulation.

Side note, my resulting blend came out looking much like Gro Dots or Osmocote except for higher Ca and Mg, and a better ratio of Ammoniacal Nitrogen to Nitrate Nitrogen.

So why haven't these scientists come up with a Super Nutrient with all their research ? I haven't found one cannabis nutrient line out there that is any better than the next one. They all produce about the same quality of weed. Only real difference I can see is which company can B.S. people into believing their line is better than others so they can charge you more. I've used at least 10 - 12 different nutes & they all produced similar results. I'm talking synthetic nutes, not organic. I have no experience with organic as that does not interest me.
SO.....IN SHORT YOU AND ALL THE REST HAVE BEEN FOOLED AND BRAINWASHED BY THE ADVERTISERS AND MARKETING PEOPLE.....PLANTS LIKE ANY OTHER ORGANISM ON THIS PLANET WERE "DESIGNED" TO HAVE A SPECIFIC METABOLISM, ANATOMY/PHYSIOLOGY, MORPHOLOGY....ETC ETC. HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHTHING TO DO WITH SCIENTIST'S DEVELOPING BETTER PRODUCTS....
So why haven't these scientists come up with a Super Nutrient with all their research ? I haven't found one cannabis nutrient line out there that is any better than the next one. They all produce about the same quality of weed. Only real difference I can see is which company can B.S. people into believing their line is better than others so they can charge you more. I've used at least 10 - 12 different nutes & they all produced similar results. I'm talking synthetic nutes, not organic. I have no experience with organic as that does not interest me.

I knew when you made up the term “real science” to pat yourself on the back it was gonna be humorous but I didn’t realize you were gonna pretend your intelligence is a gift any of us wants, that’s funny.

Every word you type just continues to prove my points over and over. It would seem with your gift of intelligence that you’d be able to understand that science involves more than your tiny slice of reality. Perhaps the weight of your gifted mind prevents you from understanding how to think outside of your carefully cultivated environment. Or perhaps there’s just so much knowledge packed into your human sized brain that you don’t have room for anything else except your tiny area of expertise.

Not surprising really, just another confirmation of the arrogant dismissive attitude of the very same institutions and professions that can be bought and paid for by the Sacklers, Big oil, and any other variety of humanity scourging industries that need “Real science” to confirm their lies.
WHATEVER....I GUESS YOU FALL IN THE FORMER CATEGORY....REAL EDUCATED PEOPLE FALL IN THE LATTER CATEGORY.....

It might be difficult to accomplish using off the shelf products, especially MC as a base since it already has so much K. Even with having a lot of individual salts at my disposal, it took a good deal of manipulation.

Side note, my resulting blend came out looking much like Gro Dots or Osmocote except for higher Ca and Mg, and a better ratio of Ammoniacal Nitrogen to Nitrate Nitrogen.
I'll use Remo. I have some left. I'll need to get some more micro and velokelp, but I'll stay on the veg mix through flower.
Their flowering mix is actually very similar to MC, but with higher K, and slightly higher P if I'm remembering correctly.

LOL....AND I HAVE SERVED ON ETHICS COMMITTEES AGAINST FRAUDULENT SCIENCE......SO....PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT

I'll use Remo. I have some left. I'll need to get some more micro and velokelp, but I'll stay on the veg mix through flower.
Their flowering mix is actually very similar to MC, but with higher K, and slightly higher P if I'm remembering correctly.
I have a few options as I have Remo, Prescription blend, Flora Grow & Bloom & MC. Not sure which would be my best option just yet. I would use Terpinator for the added "K".

I have a few options as I have Remo, Prescription blend, Flora Grow & Bloom & MC. Not sure which would be my best option just yet. I would use Terpinator for the added "K".
Observation: I'm UK so the nutrient ranges available here is totally different, ie none of the above
Lots of Dutch stuff, all of which works fine
Various feeds, various genetics, various methods - it's simply not an exact science so any talk of sweeping generalizations is akin to raking jelly up a slide
Enjoy your grows good people, and your product - however you do it :ganjamon:

SO.....IN SHORT YOU AND ALL THE REST HAVE BEEN FOOLED AND BRAINWASHED BY THE ADVERTISERS AND MARKETING PEOPLE.....PLANTS LIKE ANY OTHER ORGANISM ON THIS PLANET WERE "DESIGNED" TO HAVE A SPECIFIC METABOLISM, ANATOMY/PHYSIOLOGY, MORPHOLOGY....ETC ETC. HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHTHING TO DO WITH SCIENTIST'S DEVELOPING BETTER PRODUCTS....
Do the nutrient companies follow the findings of the scientific research in the development of their products? I would (think) that they do. Maybe not. Then again, they probably already have in products like Big Bud & Bud Explosion.
By their name it sounds like they are made to increase yield & not potency. And products like Sweet Candy is designed to increase potency instead of yield. Could very well be why I had a disaster of a grow when I tried to use Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion at the same time with Mega Crop.

Observation: I'm UK so the nutrient ranges available here is totally different, ie none of the above
Lots of Dutch stuff, all of which works fine
Various feeds, various genetics, various methods - it's simply not an exact science so any talk of sweeping generalizations is akin to raking jelly up a slide
Enjoy your grows good people, and your product - however you do it :ganjamon:

Roys simple earthy wisdom prevails yet again 😂 This looks like a good spot to dock, the seas are getting quite choppy

Back
Top Bottom