Everything organic

seaofgreen18

I started a Bio char thread but it turned into an everything organic thread, so I figured I start this thread ,so share some of your organic growing experiences I think we all could learn some new techniques and compare some notes! Otherwise check out the Bio char thread I started and give some input✌️

IMO it starts with pot size.
If I had the space I would only use 4 foot by 8 foot fabric beds and hang four 2' x 4' strip lights above each bed.
Sadly the largest pots I can use are 20-25 gallon fabric pots which to me are the minimum.
Fill with the finest Clackamas Coots soil recipe you can get or make.
I fill 2" at a time then water evenly with 73⁰ water with Yucca extract mixed in.
Layer of soil, wet it down with Yucca.

That way there are no dry spots and none of the soil is hydrophobic.
Plant a cover crop of clover, Flax, peas, buckwheat, sprinkle a little barley straw over it loosely so the cover crop can just pop on through, once it grows up a few inches add more barley straw mulch so the soil is thickly covered.
Add a handful of Bokashi to jump start the soil and inoculate with mycorrhazae.
Let this brew a couple weeks then add rove beetles and predator mites and a handful of worms.
Start seeds in a solo cup in seedling soil, I find that a good living soil can sometimes be a bit too alive for a tiny seedling so I start in solo cup for about 7 days then transplant into in my case 20 gal fabric pots.
I coat the hole with Rootwise Microbe Complete and Optiveg.
Water in with 73⁰ super oxygenated water and Aloe Vera and coconut water.
I top dress with a handful of Bokashi and handful of Craft Blend every two weeks.
About week 2 I do a Alfalfa Sprouted Seed Tea. And every 3 weeks a probiotic called Thrive made from kefir.
I water pretty much everyday keeping the soil moist at all times.
I always oxygenate my water and add Yucca extract.
I give an occasional Fermented Plant Juice of Alfalfa/ insect frass/Comfrey.

Right before flower I do a good top dress with craft blend and Bokashi and water in with Rootwise Biophos.

I do everything I can to feed the soil and let the soil take care of the plant.

IMO it starts with pot size.
If I had the space I would only use 4 foot by 8 foot fabric beds and hang four 2' x 4' strip lights above each bed.
Sadly the largest pots I can use are 20-25 gallon fabric pots which to me are the minimum.
Fill with the finest Clackamas Coots soil recipe you can get or make.
I fill 2" at a time then water evenly with 73⁰ water with Yucca extract mixed in.
Layer of soil, wet it down with Yucca.

That way there are no dry spots and none of the soil is hydrophobic.
Plant a cover crop of clover, Flax, peas, buckwheat, sprinkle a little barley straw over it loosely so the cover crop can just pop on through, once it grows up a few inches add more barley straw mulch so the soil is thickly covered.
Add a handful of Bokashi to jump start the soil and inoculate with mycorrhazae.
Let this brew a couple weeks then add rove beetles and predator mites and a handful of worms.
Start seeds in a solo cup in seedling soil, I find that a good living soil can sometimes be a bit too alive for a tiny seedling so I start in solo cup for about 7 days then transplant into in my case 20 gal fabric pots.
I coat the hole with Rootwise Microbe Complete and Optiveg.
Water in with 73⁰ super oxygenated water and Aloe Vera and coconut water.
I top dress with a handful of Bokashi and handful of Craft Blend every two weeks.
About week 2 I do a Alfalfa Sprouted Seed Tea. And every 3 weeks a probiotic called Thrive made from kefir.
I water pretty much everyday keeping the soil moist at all times.
I always oxygenate my water and add Yucca extract.
I give an occasional Fermented Plant Juice of Alfalfa/ insect frass/Comfrey.

Right before flower I do a good top dress with craft blend and Bokashi and water in with Rootwise Biophos.

I do everything I can to feed the soil and let the soil take care of the plant.
Cool I do the 4×8 bed I like it it's a grass roots living soil bed I see in your recipe you use Clackamas coot mix I use the KIS mix I see the coots mix on the site for sale. I was wondering ,how do you measure soil moisture? Worm casting or compost? Mycorrhizae? Bio char? vermicast aerated teas? For moisture level's I use the blumat meters 120 -150mb with the blumat soakers works pretty good for me. I do my own castings as well and I try to go after a good fungal content in my soil.

I use an Ecowitt GW1100B with moisture meters, also measures temp and humidity.
I keep my soil moisture between 29 to 38%.

My soil has about 30% compost.
Worm castings are made everyday fresh in the pot.
I inoculate with Rootwise Microbe Complete and the Bokashi I use also has been inoculated with mycorrhazae.
My soil is about 5% precharged biochar. And the Bokashi has a small amount of biochar.
About the only tea I make is a Sprouted Seed Tea of Alfalfa.

Back
Top Bottom