Experiment With Fertilizer Spikes, Cheap Grow, Newbie

carlito21

Ok. So I have one grow on. It's a dwc for pineapple chunk. After having a rough start and with one plant looking sickly...I decided to germinate one more and do it as a soil grow! Doesn't sound very expiremental...but, with the wife limiting my expenses I decided to try and do this grow as CHEAP as possible. So as I started to look at the local lowes...I found this time release sticks. I have some experience with them. They worked great on my tomatoes so I figured why not. So I will be documenting this seperatly from my 9 ther grow. Also...I'm experimenting to see how well superthrive works on recovering plants.

I will be trying to use as many household things I can and will need all the help I can as I will be doing this as organic as possible aswell. So, here goes nothing...

Today I started to germinate my seed...green love potion from samsara seeds. 80 percent indica 20 percent sativa. I put it in a glass of water at around 3:40 pm today. I am using rockwool to ease in the transplant...I had rockwool already so I won't count that as a cost as it is unnecesary...lol...or is that biased? Anyways, the rockwool...to ph adjust it I used tap water and ph down to about 5.5 or 6. And I let it soak. I went ahead and added a bit of rhizotonic in solution as well as very mild nutes solution that I use for my hydro system (aqua canna vega). It is still soaking in that solution. I am waiting to put seed in when the once it sinks.

Anyways...I went to go buy some things for this grow. Cheap. Lowes has this potting soil called "just natural: organic potting soil" by oldcastle. It's like $3.17 for a big bag. Will last at least one grow for one to two plants. I also bought a 50 ct of "Jobes fertilizer spikes" with a high nitrogen ratio. It's a 13-4-5 ratio. Should be good for vegging. I haven't seen any grows with this so I am curious to try. They were $1.97 for the 50 pack. Will be posting pics of both grows tomorrow.

Any suggestions will be gladly accepted. Remember, cheap and organic.

Yeah...that's why I'm not going to add the sticks until a few days...right? Do u think I should grind them up and sprinkle them in or just break it to three pieces and divide them? I would do more seeds and do them seperatly but i don't have much space and the wife says no more than three .

14461505418362033016509.jpg

I woke up this morning and the seed hadn't sunk but...it was a big seed and felt dense. So I went ahead and placed it in rockwool. I've never used rockwool...and I don't have a humidifier dome so I jut put the rockwool in a bag and barely pinched the hole. It was at around 10:00 today. So that's about all I can say.

I do have a question, where should I put the rockwool? I just have it in living room on a table. Is this OK?

So...haven't checked on seed but I'm sure its still nothing dramatic. Anyays, I feel that I should say this as it could be a valid comparison to some...my tomatoes which I ha e planted about a week ago, I decided to use the very spikes to see how they do and I have noticed dramatic results. The plants with spikes (1 for two plants) are both twice as big as a plant alone in its own co gained. Will post pics tomorrow so you can see for yourselves. Great stuff for tomatoes.

The reason I mention this is because if you decide or can't afford nutrients specially for cannabis than they suggest nutes for tomatoe plants can be just as beneficial. So I figure, or rather, hypothesize, if it can do this to tomatoes plants than what about cannabis plants. No I've read not to do it on threads but haven't really seen any grows...or attempts I'd rather say, with these spikes. And if we can achieve great results as cheap as possible without all the stuff we are told to get..why not? Nutes get expensive and sometimes not as worth it. Of simply, sometimes we just can't afford it.

Case in point, the fertilizer spikes work. I will post pics. Tomatoes are twice as big and no special care has been taken with these plants at all. And if tomatoe plant nutes can be used for cannabis...shouldn't this hypothetically work.that's what we are gonna try to find out. Peace.

1446300710569-1166937898.jpg
1446300748614-389744341.jpg

As you can see, these aren't cannabis. They are tomatoes. Anyways, these tomatoes, one cup used o e fertilizer spike while the other has none. I think you can see the difference. The one with he spike has to tomatoe plants and it beats the one that is alone. So basically, is tomatoe is relatable to cannabis, why shouldn't it work using fertilizer spikes. The reason I say relatable is because...if u can't get good brand nutes for cannabis, or your low on funds, go with the next best thing which would be miracle grow. The tomatoe one. So this is even cheaper than miracle grow and you see the results. I'm excited to see how it works.

Anyways, the Green Love Potion seed is still unspouted but when I checked on it, I looked at the hole and I see the seed and I believe its coming up. So should be I. One to two more days.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Ok. So I have one grow on. It's a dwc for pineapple chunk. After having a rough start and with one plant looking sickly...I decided to germinate one more and do it as a soil grow! Doesn't sound very expiremental...but, with the wife limiting my expenses I decided to try and do this grow as CHEAP as possible. So as I started to look at the local lowes...I found this time release sticks. I have some experience with them. They worked great on my tomatoes so I figured why not. So I will be documenting this seperatly from my 9 ther grow. Also...I'm experimenting to see how well superthrive works on recovering plants.

I will be trying to use as many household things I can and will need all the help I can as I will be doing this as organic as possible aswell. So, here goes nothing...

Today I started to germinate my seed...green love potion from samsara seeds. 80 percent indica 20 percent sativa. I put it in a glass of water at around 3:40 pm today. I am using rockwool to ease in the transplant...I had rockwool already so I won't count that as a cost as it is unnecesary...lol...or is that biased? Anyways, the rockwool...to ph adjust it I used tap water and ph down to about 5.5 or 6. And I let it soak. I went ahead and added a bit of rhizotonic in solution as well as very mild nutes solution that I use for my hydro system (aqua canna vega). It is still soaking in that solution. I am waiting to put seed in when the once it sinks.

Anyways...I went to go buy some things for this grow. Cheap. Lowes has this potting soil called "just natural: organic potting soil" by oldcastle. It's like $3.17 for a big bag. Will last at least one grow for one to two plants. I also bought a 50 ct of "Jobes fertilizer spikes" with a high nitrogen ratio. It's a 13-4-5 ratio. Should be good for vegging. I haven't seen any grows with this so I am curious to try. They were $1.97 for the 50 pack. Will be posting pics of both grows tomorrow.

Any suggestions will be gladly accepted. Remember, cheap and organic.

Yes this is years old, but someone might stumble across it.

This is my experience with Jobes Plant Spikes

I've used the Jobes Plant Food Spikes 13-4-5 about a quarter way into veg, also used egg shells for calcium and coffee grounds for nitrogen.( Just got to because careful because it is very acidic, The coffee grounds ) and they turned out beautiful. Then put some in at the end of december ( Around the first week of flower) and it worked amazingly. After that i've just been feeding them Root Farm Bloom 1-4-7 and using Root Farm pH up and pH down for adjusting the pH.

Debating if i should put some in as its past the 60 days, but going to look into it more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 207
What I hear about any nutrient spike besides them working well for veggies etc but when it comes to cannabis sativa plant you don't want any slow release in your soil because you want to measure how much npk they get throughout the whole grow meaning nitrogen might still be heavily active during flower time when I want to tune down with nitrogen after like week 2 of flower so I suggest you grind it up and sprinkle you have to take in account what the npk level is with your feed and what's already in the soil good vibration s bro

What I hear about any nutrient spike besides them working well for veggies etc but when it comes to cannabis sativa plant you don't want any slow release in your soil because you want to measure how much npk they get throughout the whole grow meaning nitrogen might still be heavily active during flower time when I want to tune down with nitrogen after like week 2 of flower so I suggest you grind it up and sprinkle you have to take in account what the npk level is with your feed and what's already in the soil good vibration s bro

Yea, was looking into it and don't think it'd be a good idea to use now, 5th week into flower and they don't need nitrogen no more ( well as much if any ). Just going to keep them for next grow and continue using Root Farm.
image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom