Extended blue light during bloom?

Aberration

I read Rosenthal saying that he is experimenting with > 12 hrs blue light during bloom.

In brief:

We know that night duration triggers flowering and that 12/12 will start it, and 18/6 will often stop or disrupt it. However, Rosenthal is saying that the flowering response is regulated by red light, whereas blue light has no effect on flowering. Blue light will drive photosynthesis.

His assertion is that if you add 20-40W mixed blue LED light per 1000W HID, you can leave the LEDs on more than 12 hrs per 24. It will allow the plant to stay in bloom, but it will continue photosynthesizing, producing more sugars and growth. Rosenthal hypothesizes that this will lead to better yields, but he apparently doesn't have actual data to report yet.

What do you all think?

It sounds reasonable to an amateur like me. But will the rest of the processes work correctly, or will the plant be stressed in some way by this? Plausible, I guess?

I think you should give it a try and document your results.

I see so many opinions and recommendations, which at times contradict one another, I think it's best to just test things out for yourself. For some techniques, that's really the only way to know for sure what will work for you.

My current experiment is to compare two exact clones, one grown with Fox Farms Chemical Based Nutes and one grown with Age Old Organic nutes. I want to know which works better for me and if there is any taste or potency difference. All other variables will be the same, except for the nutes.

:peace:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom