Fading in leaves or light burn?

Th3Grow3rNooB

Hey guys. My guess is I am again under feeding. However I have just got a new light from spider farmer the SF4000, its at 31 inches at 80% Dim. I used to run the Vipar blurples. Growing in Coco, at 1 EC, plants just been switched to 12/12, PH spot on. I have just upped my feed but wanted to know what the pros think.
20220418_172341.jpg
20220418_172337.jpg

Morning @Th3Grow3rNooB. New light, more feed and just switched into flower. My guess is she is asking for more cal/mag. Looking good otherwise.
Yea cheers buddy for confirmation. With old shitty blurples, on 1 EC, i would be burning by now, so i was uming and ahrring hehe. Just goes to show, that better quality diodes help the plant that much more to take up the juice.

Hey guys. My guess is I am again under feeding. However I have just got a new light from spider farmer the SF4000, its at 31 inches at 80% Dim. I used to run the Vipar blurples. Growing in Coco, at 1 EC, plants just been switched to 12/12, PH spot on. I have just upped my feed but wanted to know what the pros think.
20220418_172341.jpg
20220418_172337.jpg
Good morning @Th3Grow3rNooB hope you had a nice Easter.
Coco requires a couple things.
Full strength nutrients every day at 5.8 ph.
Put cal mag in your mix first wait 10 minutes then add nutrients.
As per the schedule for week 1 of flower.
Then set ppms you should be closer to 2 ec or about 1100 ppm.
Then lastly set ph to 5.8 exactly.
Feed until runoff every day.
Do this and they will be great.
Do you have a journal.
Tag me I'll follow along , I love coco. :thumb:
Keep up the good work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
Stay safe
Bill

Good morning @Th3Grow3rNooB hope you had a nice Easter.
Coco requires a couple things.
Full strength nutrients every day at 5.8 ph.
Put cal mag in your mix first wait 10 minutes then add nutrients.
As per the schedule for week 1 of flower.
Then set ppms you should be closer to 2 ec or about 1100 ppm.
Then lastly set ph to 5.8 exactly.
Feed until runoff every day.
Do this and they will be great.
Do you have a journal.
Tag me I'll follow along , I love coco. :thumb:
Keep up the good work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill
Stay safe
Bill
I dont have a journal but i should start one perhaps, This is Gorilla Glue #4. Mate 2 EC ? Before im even in full flower, im quite the noobie, but that sounds hot as hell hehe :O im always up for learning and open to ideas.

EDIT: I do all the above btw, CalMg first, 5.8 etc etc. My new mix of Nutes has been bumped up from 1.0 EC to 1.2/1.3ish EC... It seems as though this may not be enough perhaps > ?

I dont have a journal but i should start one perhaps, This is Gorilla Glue #4. Mate 2 EC ? Before im even in full flower, im quite the noobie, but that sounds hot as hell hehe :O im always up for learning and open to ideas.

EDIT: I do all the above btw, CalMg first, 5.8 etc etc. My new mix of Nutes has been bumped up from 1.0 EC to 1.2/1.3ish EC... It seems as though this may not be enough perhaps > ?
Go to 1.5 then 1.75 then 2.
Hungry girls will appreciate it.

Stay safe
Bill

20220418_172341.jpg
20220418_172337.jpg
Looks like light burn. Has it progressed?

Looks like light burn. Has it progressed?
Light burn shows up first in the leaves closest to the light, not normally the lower leaves. The new leaves look pretty darn good. I'm with @bluenoserjoe and @Bill284, looks like very early nute/cal-mag def. Unfortunately, often times we never hear back what worked and what didn't.

Light burn shows up first in the leaves closest to the light, not normally the lower leaves. The new leaves look pretty darn good. I'm with @bluenoserjoe and @Bill284, looks like very early nute/cal-mag def. Unfortunately, often times we never hear back what worked and what didn't.
I disagree, the new growth is not pretty darn good. The new growth is twisted due to his light intensity being too strong for this stage of growth and the size of the plant. The whole plant is showing signs of continuous light stress issues.

In this case you will hear back as the advice worked 100%. This was indeed the result of CalMg deficient / under feeding in general. This problem was resolved upon a extra boost of CalMg + EC in general.

My new post however, is the result of light stress if you wish to see it.

In this case you will hear back as the advice worked 100%. This was indeed the result of CalMg deficient / under feeding in general. This problem was resolved upon a extra boost of CalMg + EC in general.

Coco drains cm from your ladies.
It is a necessary ingredient in coco nutrients.
It also helps your lady uptake her other nutrients.
Terrific in coco.
I'm glad she is coming around.
Hope it's a fantastic harvest my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

What Bill said and also the plant will need more magnesium for increased growth processes at higher dli levels.
Great fix for light stress.

Also, where is the other post?

I thought i would take the time to share a pic and info of the end results. You guys dont usualy get feedback i have noticed and the help you gave me here was fantastic. So first i would like to point out to anyone in my position and im sure there is some. If you have upgraded lighting, you CAN definitly feed more. So if you go from a Blurple to a Samsung Quantum, you will be able to feed nearly 50% or more Nutez, Thus resulting in faster, more agressive growth rates.

Anyways here are some pics, week 6 flower. ( These pics were from 6 days ago sorry so i am last week of flower now )

5x5 Tent
Gorilla Glue #4 Fem
Coco - H& G Nutes

20220617_023008.jpg

20220617_023157.jpg

week 6 flower. ( These pics were from 6 days ago sorry so i am last week of flower now )

Are you sure? I thought GG#4 was typically a 67-day (±) strain. And that doesn't look like it's in the week before its last (although my eyesight is poor, so I'm probably not the best visual judge).

i had a few pehnos, they all ranged from 58 to 62ish days... I also think its preference. I am open to opinions, from now, i am going to harvest Sunday which will be 59 days all together from the first signs of pistils

Edit : Also remember those pics are nearly a week old, so from the pics, they had 2 weeks and left

I thought i would take the time to share a pic and info of the end results. You guys dont usualy get feedback i have noticed and the help you gave me here was fantastic. So first i would like to point out to anyone in my position and im sure there is some. If you have upgraded lighting, you CAN definitly feed more. So if you go from a Blurple to a Samsung Quantum, you will be able to feed nearly 50% or more Nutez, Thus resulting in faster, more agressive growth rates.

Anyways here are some pics, week 6 flower. ( These pics were from 6 days ago sorry so i am last week of flower now )

5x5 Tent
Gorilla Glue #4 Fem
Coco - H& G Nutes

20220617_023008.jpg

20220617_023157.jpg
Good morning @Th3Grow3rNooB :ciao: garden looks fantastic.
Glad you got it sorted.
I'd give a bit more time though. :Namaste:
I see some white pistils which means they are still flowering and building for you.
Never harvest white pistils.
But they are getting close.
Hope your having a nice weekend my friend.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey Bill, I have been Just started feeding 0.6 EC to taper it off, reckon i should bump it back up ? I can take a recent photo if needed

Today, was gonna harvest Sunday
Negative. I'm with Bill in that they are not ready since they still have white pistils. That means they are still bulking up for you and harvesting early will cost you both weight and potency.

So, this begs the question, "When did you start counting flower days from, was it flip day or first sign of pistils?"

Our plants will go through a transition period that is generally at least 7-10 days, so you could actually be almost two weeks ahead of yourself with your count since the flower period doesn't begin until pistils form.

Once the pistils darken and crinkle inward you can start looking at trichomes under a loop. They'll start out clear, turn cloudy and then amber. Full cloudy give the most potent "up" high, while more amber gives a more sedative "couchlock" effect because some of the THCa is converting over to CBN.

Negative. I'm with Bill in that they are not ready since they still have white pistils. That means they are still bulking up for you and harvesting early will cost you both weight and potency.

So, this begs the question, "When did you start counting flower days from, was it flip day or first sign of pistils?"

Our plants will go through a transition period that is generally at least 7-10 days, so you could actually be almost two weeks ahead of yourself with your count since the flower period doesn't begin until pistils form.

Once the pistils darken and crinkle inward you can start looking at trichomes under a loop. They'll start out clear, turn cloudy and then amber. Full cloudy give the most potent "up" high, while more amber gives a more sedative "couchlock" effect because some of the THCa is converting over to CBN.
I always start day 1 flower from a generous amount of pistils ( usually 2 days after i spot the first hair here and their )

So by Sunday it will be 60 days. Strain says between 58 and 65.

Back
Top Bottom