fan and air pump noise reduction

SuperSize

after thinking over and back for few months, I came up with a solution to this problem, just wonder if anyone may have a better suggestions

for the extractor fan which I have a 6" Vents TT 550 cubic meter inline fan with temp and speed control built in,

the noise of the fan is coming from motor, which I can hear the hump from the room next to it and below the tent, so I went out and bought some expanding foam spray, 750ml can that gives 30l of foam expanded, I'm planning on using aluminum tap to tape up all joints around the outside of the fan along with 3ft ducting on each side, with card board box tight in to the fan, foam that up, then another card board box over it again same length from inlet to outlet, with 2 inches space all round the first small box, foam it up again.

on the air pump which is a 35l/m pump, I'm going to do the same, with inlet tube on one end and airline out the other ofcos, only thing I am wondering is will the air pump gets too hot?

any suggestions welcome

thanks

The noise should be reduced by your method, but like you said, heat might become an issue. I guess just test it bit by bit, adding more as you go and see what happens to temps. If you're really desperate to reduce noise buy some noise-cancelling foam like they use in recording studios.

Finally I'm 95% silent, need some acoustic ducting and should be all done, 2 new tetra silent pumps, no sound at all even standing next to them :) fan mounted directly on filter and silencer directly behind the fan, ducting to cooltube then out the tent :)

obviously a bit late.

another way is to suspend the pump and fan if you have them bolted or sitting on a structure. bungie cords work good for this. while it wont make the fan or pump quieter, it will eliminate the vibration and cause the sound to not travel into other rooms.

as far as acutal motor noise goes i think your acoustic ducting is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom