FAQ: bottled water can you use it to feed plants?

GigaGrew

here is a link to some common bottled waters and the PH they come in at.
I will attempt to add mineral data as and when i find it.

please contribute pictures of labels if your able for this reason as i cant aquire many types due to their sale locations being thousands of miles away ;)

Im hoping someone smarter than me can clarify, but i think that the higher the ORP the better for our plants...the lower the ORP the better for humans?

I liek to just grab the hose, point and spray lol.

I am a total rookie with only a couple plants. But even I would be spending like 12 bucks a day on average just to water the plants with bottled water. 400 bucks a month in water does not sound like a good time to me rofl.

you got a good point there!

its something that needs perfecting but it has its uses.

if you get the right water, which is what im hoping to find by starting the collective research on it.
you could avoid the costs of co2 enrichment (sparkling water)
mineralisation of the soil (semi simulated hibrix growing)
buying and running costs of air bubblers (some mineral waters have a very high o2 content)
ph up and down are more items that are not needed if you get a water with the correct PH for your needs.

it is entirely possible to mix some mineral water with your regular water, especially RO water that is lacking loads of goodies.

a high ppm in your water is not a bad thing if all the parts are those you actually want your plant to have and in the correct ratios.

im actually hoping that someone with more knowledge than me is willing to write a post about a fantasy water, i.e you use your normal 3 part nutes or whatever and then everything else is in the water.
like cal, mag, o2, co2, ph correct, and all the minerals in correct proportion for MJ plants.

we can then start sampling mineral waters and blending them.

in an ideal world you would then be able to add a 2l bottle to a 100 litre vat of RO water or something for the perfect elixer of life =D

and a water with a neutral PH would be great for my red cabbage litmus liquid- the emergency way of getting a PH reading if ou dont have supplies, will be great if i can tell ppl to buy a bottle of x and boil red cabbage in it to make litmus liquid.

Back
Top Bottom