Is purified drinking water enhanced with minerals bad for cannabis plants?

popolino77

i am growing 2 early miss auto plants one i planted not germinated and one i germinated its been 48 hours and they still have not popped threw the soil, i have been watering using bottled purified water because that's what i have laying around the house, i read the bottle today and it says enhanced with minerals for fresh taste. is this bad and is this going to stop my plants from sprouting ?

i am growing 2 early miss auto plants one i planted not germinated and one i germinated its been 48 hours and they still have not popped threw the soil, i have been watering using bottled purified water because that's what i have laying around the house, i read the bottle today and it says enhanced with minerals for fresh taste. is this bad and is this going to stop my plants from sprouting ?

Plants are known to need 17 elements in order to grow, many of them the minerals in that water. Most assuredly, this water, especially if it was pH'ed properly, will not stop your plants from sprouting.

Plants are known to need 17 elements in order to grow, many of them the minerals in that water. Most assuredly, this water, especially if it was pH'ed properly, will not stop your plants from sprouting.

i just called berkly jensen, bj's product information and i asked what the ph level is for the water and they said it has 26 TDS and the ph level is 5.0 to 7.0 is this ok ?

i just called berkly jensen, bj's product information and i asked what the ph level is for the water and they said it has 26 TDS and the ph level is 5.0 to 7.0 is this ok ?

That is quite a range! Adjust the pH properly on every fluid you give your plants, in soil at 6.5 pH. There is no excuse for inaccuracy in today's world... it is just too easy to acquire accurate equipment.

That is quite a range! Adjust the pH properly on every fluid you give your plants, in soil at 6.5 pH. There is no excuse for inaccuracy in today's world... it is just too easy to acquire accurate equipment.

i think 5.5 to 6.5 ph is optimal am i correct ? if the ph is 5.0 or 7.0 is this not good ? i have ph level testing strips laying around some where but it reads the ph by color

5.5 - 6.5 is roughly the entire range that people grow pot in, from the hydro folks up to the soil folks, and you have to dial it in a bit closer than that to grow weed, depending on the medium you are growing in.

Some people are just fine reading strips and get away with inaccuracy, but anytime I let my garden get a couple of points out of whack I tend to get into trouble. Visual tests, the strips and the drops, are hard to be accurate with, especially when trying to determine the color of that strip through a murky colored nutrient mix.

Some will argue that they never check pH. It doesn't work out well for me when I do that. It is my belief that if you want to grow quality weed, you have to be accurate. Ranging somewhere between 5.0 and 7.0 is not accurate, and here is why. pH is a logarithmic scale... and 5.0 is 200 times more acidic than 7.0 Read that again... 200x. That is a lot. Then consider this... 6.3 is 10 times more acidic than 6.4. Think about that... 10 times more acid with just one tenth of a point of pH. Accuracy counts.

Emilya

Back
Top Bottom