Need help bringing a newborn autoflower seedling back to health after over watering

popolino77

i am new to growing, i over watered my 1 week old newborn early miss auto flower seedling by giving it a 16oz bottle of purified drinking water 2 days in a row and one of the round cotyledon leaves curled like a claw. i am trying to nurse it back to health, its now been 3 days since i last watered it and the soil is still wet, what do i do ? also is it possible to bring a 1 week old auto flower seedling back to good health after over watering ?

Re: need help bringing a newborn autoflower seedling back to health after over wateri

Hey and welcome to 420!

Are there holes in the bottom of your pot so the water can drain out? If not make some holes or transplant into a pot with holes.
Heat and air will make the soil dry out faster.

Re: need help bringing a newborn autoflower seedling back to health after over wateri

Hey and welcome to 420!

Are there holes in the bottom of your pot so the water can drain out? If not make some holes or transplant into a pot with holes.
Heat and air will make the soil dry out faster.
yest there is holes in the bottom of my flower pot. the plant is a autoflower i read that its not good to transplant it,

What's in your soil mix?

Yeah it's best to start autos in their final pot, but I see many people here transplanting autos without problems.

the reason he is suggesting to do that is to get it out of the wet conditions it is currently in, i suspect.
Definitely need heat and air circulation only water when its super dry

What's in your soil mix?

Yeah it's best to start autos in their final pot, but I see many people here transplanting autos without problems.

I am using black gold soil and thats it. Today makes 8 days since i planted it, the plant grew the first 3 days and it almost stopped growing completely since, the plant looks healthy except for the round cotyledon making a claw shape , can such a young autoflower revcover after stunted growth ? or should i tear out the plant and plant another seed ?

I am using black gold soil and thats it. Today makes 8 days since i planted it, the plant grew the first 3 days and it almost stopped growing completely since, the plant looks healthy except for the round cotyledon making a claw shape , can such a young autoflower revcover after stunted growth ? or should i tear out the plant and plant another seed ?

Don't know that brand, if it's a standard potting soil your problem could be that it's not fluffy enough, you need to add something so the water flows through the soil easier. Perlite is the best but standard sand and gravel will do just fine.
It will most likely recover, but too much stress on autos can affect yield, taste, potency etc.

Re: Need help bringing a newborn autoflower seedling back to health after over wateri

Don't know that brand, if it's a standard potting soil your problem could be that it's not fluffy enough, you need to add something so the water flows through the soil easier. Perlite is the best but standard sand and gravel will do just fine.
It will most likely recover, but too much stress on autos can affect yield, taste, potency etc.

The plant look healthy except for the one cotyledon leave that is a claw shape, if my seadling was dead from overwatering would i know it ? or can it still look alive and be dead ?

Re: Need help bringing a newborn autoflower seedling back to health after over wateri

no you will know if its dead. Can you take pictures with your phone, typically if you are not seeing lots of stuff happen uptop(leaves), stuff is usually happening down below(roots). do you know if the soil mix has aeration?
which black gold soil did you get they have many types
all purpose
natural and organic
moisture supreme
waterhold cocoblend
earthworm castings

no you will know if its dead. Can you take pictures with your phone, typically if you are not seeing lots of stuff happen uptop(leaves), stuff is usually happening down below(roots). do you know if the soil mix has aeration?
which black gold soil did you get they have many types
all purpose
natural and organic
moisture supreme
waterhold cocoblend
earthworm castings

Its black gold natural and organic

ok it says it has good aeration, so that is good, do you have a moisture meter for your soil? It will tell you when the root area is dry enough to water again. I think right now you are ok, the plant is likely adjusting to the soil

ok it says it has good aeration, so that is good, do you have a moisture meter for your soil? It will tell you when the root area is dry enough to water again. I think right now you are ok, the plant is likely adjusting to the soil

I didint water it for 4 days and today the soil felt half wet and half dry so i gave it about 4oz of water, the poroblem happened when i gave it 16oz of water 2 days in a row

from what i understand you dont want to water them till it is arid dry at the surface that means its dry at the roots usually but if you have a soild meter($12) then you know what the root is. A good saying i heard for dirt is feed the soil not the plant

What is aeration and what does it do ? Also do plants have to get used to a water regimen the same way they have to get use to the soil ? Or can you feed as needed and as much fluid needed no mater how many days and how much water you give them in between feedings ?

aeration is how easily air can penetrate and water can travel so if you have just dirt then water and air will not travel very easily so they use perrilite or sand which creates space around the dirt, you do not give them water on a schedule, you can feed on a schedule for sure but only water when its super dry or the meter says its getting dry at the roots.

aeration is how easily air can penetrate and water can travel so if you have just dirt then water and air will not travel very easily so they use perrilite or sand which creates space around the dirt, you do not give them water on a schedule, you can feed on a schedule for sure but only water when its super dry or the meter says its getting dry at the roots.

I have x2 plants growing the smaller plant is starting to grow it's 2nd row of leves and they look like small tiny leaves, the bigger plant is starting to grow its 2nd row of leves also but they look like small hairs , will thoes hairs eventually form leaves ? Also which plant has the advantage the smaller one with more leaves or the bigger one with less leaves ?

smaller more leaves all day but both will be fine they just need time, and love make sure you talk to them or play music for them

I was just looking at the plants i overwatered and the roots are a redish brow color, is this normal or is my plant sick ? The rest of the plant looks normal except for the root

smaller more leaves all day but both will be fine they just need time, and love make sure you talk to them or play music for them

does my plant look sick ? it is 9 days old above ground
pic_0027.jpg

Looks OK to me.
You might want to stick with a single thread for this gal. Better yet = start a journal. You'll get more assistance that way. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom