Fem Seed Producing Attempt

There are numerous instructions for the application of STS. All of them are different. :thedoubletake::hmmmm:

These are four methods:
From @Smokin Moose:
The STS working solution is sprayed on select female plants until runoff.

From @Nismo12 Spray twice in one day once a week. So for us we spray on Sundays twice. Once at mid day and once after lights out. A total of 6 applications is what you need.

From @Pennywise:
Spray until the pollen shows, I've stopped too soon before and ended up with sterile pollen. Starting 3 days before flip is about right but I spray daily for the first week or even 10 days then I can go to every 2-3 days. Some strains are harder to reverse than others. (This information is combined from several of his posts.)

From @Mr. Krip:
Spray branch(es) you want reversed 5 days before flipping to flower
Spray every 5 days until major male flower formation has begun

I tried the second method on one branch of three plants. I had given up, and later when I went to chop the branches that were treated, I found about 5 pollen sacks on one of the plants, two of which had opened. I got over 150 S1 seeds from the reversed plant, and 60 F1 seeds from its neighbour. I'll be starting treatment again next week using Pennywise's method, simply because it puts the most STS on the plant. It's disheartening when you put the effort in to making seeds, without getting the desired results.

Awesome info! right from our very own!

I think when i try STS i'll go with penny's method as well. if too much isn't bad for them why not clobber them with it lol.

So they seem to be kicking in to high gear with the sacs. i'm still spraying, basically because i'm afraid to stop too soon. i'll probably keep spraying until I see pollen on the leaves, and then panic to get them in a safer place, as i really have no idea what i'm waiting for or looking for before they pop.

so i'm not confident in the glass of water trick even though i kept a huge branch from a blueberry plant alive in nutrient water for like a month once. i just forgot about it and have no idea how long it would have lived or maybe if it would have grown roots. but it was a 1/2 inch thick branch.

anyway here's what they're looking like today. if anyone wants to tell me how close i am to wanting to cut them and separate them would be pretty cool :cool:
really wishing i put them all in separate pots but i was tired and lazing and trying to be smart lol.

20191025_181627.jpg20191025_181643.jpg20191025_181653.jpg20191025_181702.jpg20191025_181713.jpg20191025_181720.jpg20191025_181730.jpg20191025_181815.jpg

The only thing that will happen is stunted growth and yellowing but it's not an issue since the plant is only for pollen.

Definitely a lot of techniques, you have to experiment for yourself and see what works best. Genetics play a role in how easy they will switch over so it will be different from person to person. I would also say that most people using sts are breeders that probably have it figured out but keep their tech under wraps. You mostly see home growers using CS or I am able to find more info on that then sts but I'm pretty sure sts is what the pros use.

Either way it's cheap better to be safe then sorry. I'll probably spray till sacks mature/ start to open myself.

The only thing that will happen is stunted growth and yellowing but it's not an issue since the plant is only for pollen.

Definitely a lot of techniques, you have to experiment for yourself and see what works best. Genetics play a role in how easy they will switch over so it will be different from person to person. I would also say that most people using sts are breeders that probably have it figured out but keep their tech under wraps. You mostly see home growers using CS or I am able to find more info on that then sts but I'm pretty sure sts is what the pros use.

Either way it's cheap better to be safe then sorry. I'll probably spray till sacks mature/ start to open myself.

I have to agree that there's a tid bit of knowledge out there that's just not trickling down lol. but legalization will bring all the info we could ever handle, soon enough.

I was wondering if the secret is something like a no copper feed. i was looking at my bottles and only one has copper in it and i was temped to not give any in hopes it would make the process faster or at least reliable. if the silver is being introduced to disrupt the absorbing of the copper maybe we just don't give them any copper at all? that might be dumb tho.

Ionized silver inhibits the sex hormone ethylene needed for female flower to develop. I’ve not heard about the copper before.

oh shit. i'm not sure why i think that lol. i'll have to do some google

Ionized silver inhibits the sex hormone ethylene needed for female flower to develop. I’ve not heard about the copper before.
here's a copy and past from another forum.

How does Colloidal Silver work on cannabis plants:
Many people believe that Colloidal Silver spray works by burning, or otherwise stressing a female plant, forcing it to "hermie", or make pollen sacs. This is completely false. As you will see later in this post, real Colloidal Silver doesn't harm the plant in any way, shape, or form.

Colloidal Silver works by being composed of particles so small, that they can easily pass through the plants cells. Once the Colloidal Silver particles are in the plant, they bond to the existing copper molecules. Normal female cannabis plants, use these copper molecules to produce the hormone Ethylene, which is what "tells" them that they are supposed to make normal female flowers (calyxes with pistils). When the Colloidal Silver bonds with the copper molecules, this is inhibited and the plant instead produces pollen sacs.
*Note: These are still female flowers. Just female pollen sacs. Not male flowers.

Just waiting to see something happen. some of them have kinda "sprouted" out of their seed looking "shell" things. just waiting to see some yellow powder on the leaves to be honest lol.

Hopefully if / when the time comes i can gather enough of it to get a few seeds. i'd really be happy with a few of each kind at this point, because if it works i'll be able to free up a tent to self one plant at a time, using STS next time, not because it's less work so much as it just sounds so much more reliable.

Definitely swelling. although they don't really look like the pics i've seen online for the most part. those pics tend to have the balls dangling at the end of a little "twig", where all of these balls are tight af :hmmmm:

20191026_235922.jpg20191026_235931.jpg20191026_235946.jpg20191026_235949.jpg20191026_235959.jpg20191027_000020.jpg

Yes, but they usually show those that are lower down on the plant. Look at your run off trays as well to find out if the sacks have opened. The pollen blew off of my leaves, but I saw it there, floating on the water.

Just waiting to see something happen. some of them have kinda "sprouted" out of their seed looking "shell" things. just waiting to see some yellow powder on the leaves to be honest lol.

Hopefully if / when the time comes i can gather enough of it to get a few seeds. i'd really be happy with a few of each kind at this point, because if it works i'll be able to free up a tent to self one plant at a time, using STS next time, not because it's less work so much as it just sounds so much more reliable.

Definitely swelling. although they don't really look like the pics i've seen online for the most part. those pics tend to have the balls dangling at the end of a little "twig", where all of these balls are tight af :hmmmm:

20191026_235922.jpg20191026_235931.jpg20191026_235946.jpg20191026_235949.jpg20191026_235959.jpg20191027_000020.jpg

My balls had been tight like that too, no worries your getting pollen.

I put them in water but i'm not sure if i did it too soon. do they look almost ready to pop?
20191031_184643.jpg20191031_184650.jpg20191031_184655.jpg20191031_184703.jpg20191031_184710.jpg

Thanks guys!.
I was starting to think something wasn't right. but i guess it's another lesson that growing has taught me in having patience. believe it or not it's actually starting to trickle down into other life aspects lol.

such a healthy hobby

my buddy and his little girl stopped by to remind me that it's Halloween.

20191031_194336[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom