Icemud's aka Muddy Genes Beans Test Grows: My Breeding Project Seed Trial - #1

Hey Everyone, Happy Friday!!!

My apologies I haven't updated in a while... My job has had me mentally drained lately so by the time I get home I make food, and hit the bed... I have to say I love parts of my job in the aerospace industry but other parts of it are the most stressful job I've ever had.

So as for the Muddy Genes Test grow, all things have come to an end. I culled both plants on March 6th, which is day 67 of flowering from the flip to 12/12. This grow went fairly well for the most part. I didn't defoliate so some of the large fan leaves late in the grow have crumpled up and dried up so the pics dont look as pretty as they would have if I would have pruned and defloliated.

I am quite impressed with both strains that finished this grow. Both are extremely frosty, have very strong terps and are dense buds. The Classified OG (Ogiesel x Apollo 13F4) finished very quickly and could have been culled about 2 weeks ago but I was trying to harvest both of them at the same time to use my tent for a drying area to minimize smell. The (GDP x Deep Chunk) x Alien Antifreeze on day 67 probably could have been run another week or maybe even too, but i didn't want to delay the Classified too far where it degraded.

One of the changes I made this grow was I purchased plant pot risers which are waffle like plastic inserts that the pots sit on and it give them about 1" of rise to allow the draining feedings to drip into the tray and keeps the pots from sitting in the water. Definitely helped me with better watering practices.

Both plants were cut at the stem base, and hung upside down in my grow tent. I have a small vaporizer in the tent set to a humidity of 60% RH so hopefully it will keep the RH high so they dry slow, and I set the extraction fan to low to minimize them drying out quickly.

I'm going to dry the plants out over the next week or 2 weeks and then will trim them up and take some photos....

The terps on both plants are really strong but its hard to tell what exactly the smell is.

The Classified OG has a very dank skunky kush smell with hints of something else like a coolwater cologne smell.
The GDPXDeep ChunkxAlien also has a very complex terp profile, mixes of armpit bo, skunk, kush and grape

Since My last post was day 25 of flowering I will post some of the photos along the way in the following posts.
I’ve always heard we’re growing buds not leaves so as long as your buds are healthy. I sure don’t mind. I just love to see your pictures. I’ve watched a few of your grows.

Hey DreKoola!

Glad to have you come through! Sorry I sort of neglected my updates but I will be continuing on with a new grow after this one is complete with all new genetics I made and haven't tested yet... STill deciding on what I will run next.
Glad I could help! I love to see your work. You do great work…good that you getting back to it. I’m here to stay 😝

Back
Top Bottom