Icemud's How To Make Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

So you're just going to stick the balls out female into the flower room and see where the pollen flies? Probably a good idea with so many strains if the whole goal is seeds. Dusting pollen on one or two lower branches would produce a decent amount of seeds but you'll have shitloads your way. And it'll be much easier. Hopefully you'll get some decent pollen production this time cause those should be some fantastic crosses. Any idea which crosses you'd consider growing out first?

Haha!! Yup!! Pollen Chucking at its finest! I mean I definitely will be making sure that each female bud gets its fair share of pollen by shaking or rubbing the pollen sacks on them, but for the most part I want the pollen to fly all throughout the tent. I do have another tent that has a copy of each strain in it, in veg so that I will have future opportunities for each strain.

My 1st run I did the same method of spreading the pollen, and got about 200-500 seeds each female plant :) and those were only 18-24" females :)

I just want enough seeds to have for future pheno hunting, and giving some to close friends as testers to try out...

I probably wont be running any of the crosses anytime soon, as my 1st goal is to preserve through selfing/BX'ing all the genetics in feminized form...not perfecting or seeking true breeding but just backcrossing them to preserve some aspects of the phenos I have.

I still have 8 different crosses from my first seed project to work with.... I personally haven't run them but I do have a few buddies that have run them for me and very good results from multiple grow mediums (outdoor, indoor hydro, indoor soil). So far all of them reported great things, and they did excellent jobs of documenting the grows with photos :) still haven't tried any of them yet though.

If I had a choice from this upcomming grow to run.... I think I would want to run the GDP x Mendo Grape Kush because they are such tasty and fragarant strains, that I think their progeny would be delightful. I would hope for a blend of terps, but I would hope for the Mendo Grape growth traits as the GDP grows like a heavy indica dom...slow.

I'm also really curious though about GDP x trainwreck as they grow like complete opposites.

Also the Private Reserve OG x GDP will be interesting as Private Reserve OG genetically is probably one of the most stable OG's so I would hope the growth traits and potency would stay, but maybe get a little berry goodness in the terps. Lots of unknowns though and all of them I will love to have :) GDP is one of my favorite strains.

Icemud, you don't get around much anymore, do ya. You need to get out more! You're holed up in here like Rifleman is in his roost. LOL.
Good to see that you're still around. I'll have to catch up on your current journals.

Icemud, you don't get around much anymore, do ya. You need to get out more! You're holed up in here like Rifleman is in his roost. LOL.
Good to see that you're still around. I'll have to catch up on your current journals.

Hey Rider! haha, I really haven't been too active on the forums at all lately. No specific reason other than I work in the industry and my job primarily is research so I spend at least 8 hours a day researching cannabis related stuff. I love my job but the type of work I do can burn ones brain out, as lately I have been responsible for writing entire operations manuals and standard of practice for a million dollar california extraction facility, and with the hundreds of pages of legal documents, thousands of pages of building, fire and electrical codes and all other reference stuff I have to read, inturpet and create daily makes me want to come home and stay off my computer..LOL.

I love what I do, but its very brain tiresome, so I just haven't had much motivation after work for anything creative or involving deep thoughts....I do need to step it up on the forums again... Its hard because of what I am involved in to not want to share my experiences, but I have to be careful of what I share due to NDA's and privacy things with work... but I can say that we do have what we believe to be the first fully permitted volatile extraction lab in Cali... :)

The other reason I haven't been sharing much about my grows is I have been pretty bummed on my seed projects thus far, with the exception of my very 1st one. Hopefully this one will be a success and bring back some excitement to my journals :) lol I haven't even been flowering out any strains for personal smoke due to being so dedicated to the seed project, i'm using my 3rd tent to store copies of all my plants.

Anyhow this one should be exciting if all goes well... keeping my fingers crossed :)

Hey Brotha just Poppin in glad to see your still around :thumb:

Hey Brother Cronic!!! Happy Weedensday to ya!!! Yeah I'm still here, not nearly as active as I used to be but now trying to ramp up my activity lately. Just started a new seed project and still trying to perfect the art of feminized seeds with CS.... How you been man? You still have a journal going here? if so post me a link as I'd love to stop over and see what you are working on :) Hope all is well with ya and appreciate the warm hello :)

Thanks :) yea that's the main reason why I want to make seeds is that I am lucky to be in Cali where most of these genetics originate and really happy to be able to get clone only strains. I decided to start making seeds because even thought the chemotypes and phenotypes may not be the exact same as clone only... the genetics are so awesome that they still may produce some amazing phenos down the road.

Also, knowing that the industry is about to go legal, and there is a lot of bio and pharma interest and investment in this industry, I know that eventually genetics will be either legally protected or possibly even GMO in the near future, so why not preserve whats available before the opportunity is gone :)

Hopefully I get it right this run... I can't believe I nailed the 1st one and the rest have been duds... going to try to replicate the exact directions this time as I did on the first run... :)

What were those directions again? I'm getting ready to do some as well, maybe if we both use the same process that will help sure up some results?

I am thinking about reversing the Panama x Malawi clone whose donor I like the best, and then open pollinate inside my breeding/veg tent and let the PxM pollinate all the other clones, as well as a PGSC x Cherry OG clone. Then I'll have another PGSC x Cherry OG in flower with some other of the PxM, and take clones of the PGSC x Cherry OG to feminize some of it next time around. I have more seeds of that one put away anyway.

What were those directions again? I'm getting ready to do some as well, maybe if we both use the same process that will help sure up some results?

I am thinking about reversing the Panama x Malawi clone whose donor I like the best, and then open pollinate inside my breeding/veg tent and let the PxM pollinate all the other clones, as well as a PGSC x Cherry OG clone. Then I'll have another PGSC x Cherry OG in flower with some other of the PxM, and take clones of the PGSC x Cherry OG to feminize some of it next time around. I have more seeds of that one put away anyway.

Although on the 1st successful seed project I didn't document the process all that well, going back to my journal:
Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

It shows that on day 14 of flowering (from the flip) I had balls (male pollen sacks). In my entry of the day, I mentioned that I was spraying only 1x per day, right at lights on, and on a few occasions I did spray the plants 2x per day.

Prior to that entry I had only 1 entry on day 4 of flowering which also confirmed that I was spraying CS only 1x per day, right when the lights came on...

Day 15 flowering I was still spraying, 1x per day.

On Day 21 I mentioned that I did not see pollen yet, just pollen sacks. I also mentioned I stopped spraying about a week ago... so I am guessing that I sprayed probably until around the 16th or so. I do seem to remember spraying them one or 2 times in that last day 15-21 but it wasn't a daily event... By day 16 it seems that was probably the last day of CS spraying according to my entries.

On day 28 of flowering I mentioned that "the other day I brushed the plant and saw pollen fly off of it" so generally if I were to say "the other day" its usually 2 or 3 days ago... not too long... so I think that around day 25 I saw my first hint of pollen.
Icemud LED Grow Featuring The All New Budmaster COB Technology - White Full Spectrum

So it seems to me on that run I only sprayed for 2 weeks and stopped. Only 1x per day when the lights first came on... Other than that I must have had luck on my side.

I just read on another thread here that others were discussing the reversal of plants that came from feminized seeds, vs the plants that came from true male x female breeding and other growers were discussing the issue with getting pollen sacks but no pollen with plants that came from feminized seeds, while they were getting pollen when doing the same procedure to non feminized plants...

Since I only grow from clone I have no way of knowing whether my plants came from feminized seed, or clone. Since I am in Cali, I would estimate that a good portion of my plants came from clone only sources, however strains such as my Ogiesel which is a Cali Connenction strain, may have come from feminized seeds.... my ogiesel produced pollen sacks but no pollen.

I think that may be a factor, but still not sure completely why some produce pollen, some don't.

I think I was spraying too long into the pollen sack production on my last few unsuccessful runs.... but again its hard to say...

Anyhow I am spraying 2 different plants this run with CS, so hopefully 1 will produce.. I will know in a week or 2 :)

I had a seed run fail when I starting spraying when I saw the plant start to flower. I have had success when I start spraying a week or two before they start to flower. This is with autos. I have never tried with a photo.

Thats great to know... maybe then I am correct that I was spraying too long into flowering... hmmmm

Although on the 1st successful seed project I didn't document the process all that well, going back to my journal:

It shows that on day 14 of flowering (from the flip) I had balls (male pollen sacks). In my entry of the day, I mentioned that I was spraying only 1x per day, right at lights on, and on a few occasions I did spray the plants 2x per day.

Prior to that entry I had only 1 entry on day 4 of flowering which also confirmed that I was spraying CS only 1x per day, right when the lights came on...

Day 15 flowering I was still spraying, 1x per day.

On Day 21 I mentioned that I did not see pollen yet, just pollen sacks. I also mentioned I stopped spraying about a week ago... so I am guessing that I sprayed probably until around the 16th or so. I do seem to remember spraying them one or 2 times in that last day 15-21 but it wasn't a daily event... By day 16 it seems that was probably the last day of CS spraying according to my entries.

On day 28 of flowering I mentioned that "the other day I brushed the plant and saw pollen fly off of it" so generally if I were to say "the other day" its usually 2 or 3 days ago... not too long... so I think that around day 25 I saw my first hint of pollen.

So it seems to me on that run I only sprayed for 2 weeks and stopped. Only 1x per day when the lights first came on... Other than that I must have had luck on my side.

I just read on another thread here that others were discussing the reversal of plants that came from feminized seeds, vs the plants that came from true male x female breeding and other growers were discussing the issue with getting pollen sacks but no pollen with plants that came from feminized seeds, while they were getting pollen when doing the same procedure to non feminized plants...

Since I only grow from clone I have no way of knowing whether my plants came from feminized seed, or clone. Since I am in Cali, I would estimate that a good portion of my plants came from clone only sources, however strains such as my Ogiesel which is a Cali Connenction strain, may have come from feminized seeds.... my ogiesel produced pollen sacks but no pollen.

I think that may be a factor, but still not sure completely why some produce pollen, some don't.

I think I was spraying too long into the pollen sack production on my last few unsuccessful runs.... but again its hard to say...

Anyhow I am spraying 2 different plants this run with CS, so hopefully 1 will produce.. I will know in a week or 2 :)

I have heard anecdotes about people stabilizing strains by continuing self-polinated generations from S1 into S2 and all the way to S8, but you know how people have a tendency to spout off at the mouth without actually having done the research. I do wonder about the possibility of there being a difference when it's a MALExFEMALE plant being self'd versus a SELFxSELF plant that's being self'd. From a scientific standpoint, the process we're really playing with here is meisosis, and I'm not sure that meiosis operates optimally when performing its tasks with the same DNA. I have a feeling that there may be a sort of "breakdown" in the meisosis process when dealing with the same DNA, and much like with inbreeding, that there could be "coding" errors where offspring's do not get the entire chromosome. This produces deformities which are usually pretty apparent in my experience running up to S2 generations; you'll see a lot of things like webbed leaves for example. But I do wonder if such deformities can express in other things, such as producing staminate flowers that don't produce pollen. I don't think you're going to find any literature that will shed light on this, as I've been scouring academic databases trying to find studies regarding sex determinism in cannabis, and I haven't found anything so in depth. The primary research in this particular field is squarely on our shoulders.

So, just to clarify, are you finding that in your first experiment you stopped spraying silver earlier than in your latter (unsuccessful) experiments? So far the person I've found who has had the most success and who has spoken with experts in the field, is electro gypsy, and he has suggested that less treatments are better, but that at least ONE treatment after pollen sacks are visible may be needed to really fully achieve the effect we're after.

I really wish I could find a source for this... But what I've heard is that this whole process blocks ethylene by introducing silver, which apparently binds with ethylene, and blocks this hormone from acting in the plant as it normally would. Spraying in the morning may actually have been the biggest factor here, as in the morning your stomata are going to be wide open, and will have the must unimpeded absorption of silver particles. There's certainly a lot of variables to consider.

Personally, I don't really see a lot of reason why seeds from a self'd (i.e. feminized) seed source wouldn't have the same effect as one from a "regular" (male x female) source. Of course there's always the possibility there's mechanisms beyond our understanding at play, but simply from the standpoint of meiosis, I don't see a reason why this would come into play unless the feminized sources was actually well-along in terms of successive generations. In other words, if a strain comes out and is an S4 seed stock, then it has been feminized and self pollinated against itself 4 times, and I could see at THAT point the possibility that the ethylene-blocking process may be degrading at that point. However, that is simply based on observing other deformities and abnormalities that occur while the successive self-pollination proceeds, and these may not be directly reflective of the production of pollen.

Lots and lots of variables to consider here. I think your best best ( as you've obviously concluded ) is to mirror the process that netted you your successful attempt. *crosses fingers*

Apologies if I rambled, I'm a little high and drunk. 40 ounces and joints for the win.

Happy New Year, Ice, from your greatest admirer on 420! I plan to read your journal from beginning to end; looks like you got a new very interesting job; I love how you keep evolving....you are the bestest! :love::love::love: Here's to a very productive and successful year in the cannabis industry for the both of us in our respective legal and soon to be legal industries and may we both find our place in it to keep being involved and driving them forward.....to the revolution, my friend.....:circle-of-love:

Hey everyone!!!

I'm back :)

Sorry for the delays in any updates or even spending much time in general on the forums...... Work has been killing my motivation.. well up to yesterday when I resigned from my position in the cannabis industry.

I won't go into details about why, but lets say that hard working, diligent, and loyal employees quite often get overlooked and instead of incentivized, get abused because of their ability to get things done on time, and with detail. This happens at quite a few companies where those that are accountable, often tasks are piled on them, while others roam free with little accountability and somehow manage to get paid higher than those that actually do what they are supposed to... anyhow..

My stress is over... which is why I haven't been journaling lately. For those that didn't know or maybe had an idea, I was a researcher for a large upcoming cannabis company and the research I conducted on a daily basis was very high level which required intense focus, time and effort...So after spending all day perfoming my job, I would literally come home and want to just go to sleep and not deal with the world...My brain would go on shutdown mode.... and then wake up and do it again... which became a pattern for almost 2 years.

I was highly regarded at my job for how I conducted myself and how my ability to focus and provide extreme detail and meet deadlines but I became the "fall guy" for all tasks that nobody else wanted to do and it kept getting worse and worse, without equal compensation for the added tasks while others were allowed to slack, or not do anything and so on... which became very unfair to me that I was treated like an executive, and expected to operate in a mode of excellence while being one of the lower paid employees.... so yesterday I resigned, and instantly I felt a sense of freedom, and fright come over me... free to dictate my future, but frightened because I did this without having a next step in place. Liberating but definitely a scary thought...

Anyhow now that I hopefully will have a new regained interest in journaling and participating on the forums I hope to get you guys up to date with what is going on in my garden.... and forgive my lack of participation lately but I had to focus on what I "thought" would have provided me with a stable and rewarding future... I can say that personally I have gained a ton of knowledge about the current legal industry and the value I can bring to the table now is even more than ever before, however I also know that its still the same industry as before, just with new money and new sharks smelling the chum... and so I have to be careful on my future outreach....

So enough about the personal growth... (notice the positive outlook in that statement :) )

Time to get to my garden....

Well I am about half way through a seed project and so far I think that things are looking good but still not 100% sure whether it will be successful just yet. I chose my GDP female as the one to spray with colloidal silver and reverse to produce male pollen sacks which the GDP is now about mid to late flowering, with a nice large half dollar sized cola in girth full of bananas and pollen sacks, however no abundance of visual pollen. Now with this being said, about every other day, I pick up the plant and pretty much open palmed slap the bud to release what looks to be either dust, or pollen onto the younger flowering females (about 25 days into flowering) which are at the point of just showing good flower sets and white pistils.

Now in the past, on successful seed projects, the way I was able to tell if the females were pollinated was that the white pistils would turn brown/amber almost immediately the day after receiving the pollen, and would shrivel up and the pistil would become very curly and odd looking, not like the strait white pistols on a normal non pollinated female. I have noticed this on the current seed project so I think that they have received pollen, however its too early to actually see any seeds starting to develop so I will know over the course of the next coming weeks.

I also, recently due to an old thread here at 420 magazine got some very good news in which I will share.....

For those that have followed me through the years, there was a strain called Christmas Buds that back in the 90's while I was in high school, would come around every winter, right during thanksgiving and around christmas. This strain was much much better than the usual buds of the era, and smelled just like pine trees...no other smells... just strait pine... the buds were alwasy very dense, extremely sticky and expanded in the lungs on the inhale, causing you to cough your brains out... it was a true one hit wonder of the era.... years ago, here at 420 magazine, I started a thread trying to find what the actual strain was that was called christmas buds and a lot of people had mentioned they remember it, sharing the same story of it that I had, but nobody really knew what it was and many theories existed... I also asked this question on 4 other forums I am a member on and same thing, tons of people remembered it but nobody really knew what it was... until just this month....

About 3 weeks ago, someone had randomly came across my thread about Christmas buds, and actually signed up as a member here at 420 magazine to reply to the thread, that they knew of the source of Christmas Buds and it was called Pine Tar Kush.... and gave me the name of the breeder to contact who may have some knowledge of the beans of it... well anyhow I researched the breeder, and the strain and there were a few threads on a different forum talking about that very breeder and how he came to get Christmas Buds, otherwise known as Pine Tar Kush.... I was stoked!!! so lets say some communication happened between me and the breeder and lets just say I now happily have some beans of my long sought after "christmas buds" to work with :)

I am super excited!!!!! So today, I will be getting soil ready for them and putting 4-6 beans in water to soak and crack and they will be in soil tomorrow as part of a new project. They are regular and not feminized beans too which really peaks my interest as I would love to throw them into a tent with my other strains and cross pollenate them.. pending on a male :) I am super excited to finally be one step closer to that Pine flavored strains of the 90's :) Big thank you to 420 Mags new member "Firstnamelast" for not only signing up just to let me know about the source, but also big thank you to Hazeman of Infinity Genetics for arranging the opportunity for me to be able to have my own taste of Pine Tar Kush genetics :) So thankful and exciting!!!

So anyhow, that is what is going on currently in my garden, and in my life.... I will not try to keep updates much more frequent and keep the ball rolling with these new projects....

I do have to decide as well, which strains I no longer will be continuing with as I have too many right now... so I will be making that decision shortly as well.

Thanks everyone for sticking in there and continuing to following in my absence, and I will try to keep more current now that I have more motivation and time. :)

Happy New Year, Ice, from your greatest admirer on 420! I plan to read your journal from beginning to end; looks like you got a new very interesting job; I love how you keep evolving....you are the bestest! :love::love::love: Here's to a very productive and successful year in the cannabis industry for the both of us in our respective legal and soon to be legal industries and may we both find our place in it to keep being involved and driving them forward.....to the revolution, my friend.....:circle-of-love:

Hey Sweetie!!! thank you for the Happy New Years wishes and I wish the same to you... even though we are already almost in Feb... :) I hope it has started off amazing for you!

Needless to say I had... a very interesting job and was a participant in the growth of a very large upcoming cannabis firm and shared a lot of accomplishments along the way, learning a ton... unfortunately as of yesterday my value was not being compensated for and I had to seek a different direction (still unknown at this time) which is probably not the most responsible decision, but one that would truly allow me to focus on my next big thing... I do hope to continue in the cannabis industry with a legal company, however I now know more than ever and so I definitely have a ton of value I can bring to the table... as many established companies here in cali are having a hard time converting from the grey market to the legal regulated one... I have a lot to offer so I hope that my future opportunity options are bright.

So I definitely have high hopes for a new beginning this year, and to continue to learn about this new and exciting change to our industry, but also hope to focus even harder on my personal growth, financial growth and security (which needs a lot of work) and to have a healthy and happy year..... :) I wish the same for you and appreciate your new years hello a ton :) Hope all is well :)

I have heard anecdotes about people stabilizing strains by continuing self-polinated generations from S1 into S2 and all the way to S8, but you know how people have a tendency to spout off at the mouth without actually having done the research. I do wonder about the possibility of there being a difference when it's a MALExFEMALE plant being self'd versus a SELFxSELF plant that's being self'd. From a scientific standpoint, the process we're really playing with here is meisosis, and I'm not sure that meiosis operates optimally when performing its tasks with the same DNA. I have a feeling that there may be a sort of "breakdown" in the meisosis process when dealing with the same DNA, and much like with inbreeding, that there could be "coding" errors where offspring's do not get the entire chromosome. This produces deformities which are usually pretty apparent in my experience running up to S2 generations; you'll see a lot of things like webbed leaves for example. But I do wonder if such deformities can express in other things, such as producing staminate flowers that don't produce pollen. I don't think you're going to find any literature that will shed light on this, as I've been scouring academic databases trying to find studies regarding sex determinism in cannabis, and I haven't found anything so in depth. The primary research in this particular field is squarely on our shoulders.

So, just to clarify, are you finding that in your first experiment you stopped spraying silver earlier than in your latter (unsuccessful) experiments? So far the person I've found who has had the most success and who has spoken with experts in the field, is electro gypsy, and he has suggested that less treatments are better, but that at least ONE treatment after pollen sacks are visible may be needed to really fully achieve the effect we're after.

I really wish I could find a source for this... But what I've heard is that this whole process blocks ethylene by introducing silver, which apparently binds with ethylene, and blocks this hormone from acting in the plant as it normally would. Spraying in the morning may actually have been the biggest factor here, as in the morning your stomata are going to be wide open, and will have the must unimpeded absorption of silver particles. There's certainly a lot of variables to consider.

Personally, I don't really see a lot of reason why seeds from a self'd (i.e. feminized) seed source wouldn't have the same effect as one from a "regular" (male x female) source. Of course there's always the possibility there's mechanisms beyond our understanding at play, but simply from the standpoint of meiosis, I don't see a reason why this would come into play unless the feminized sources was actually well-along in terms of successive generations. In other words, if a strain comes out and is an S4 seed stock, then it has been feminized and self pollinated against itself 4 times, and I could see at THAT point the possibility that the ethylene-blocking process may be degrading at that point. However, that is simply based on observing other deformities and abnormalities that occur while the successive self-pollination proceeds, and these may not be directly reflective of the production of pollen.

Lots and lots of variables to consider here. I think your best best ( as you've obviously concluded ) is to mirror the process that netted you your successful attempt. *crosses fingers*

Apologies if I rambled, I'm a little high and drunk. 40 ounces and joints for the win.

Hey Fertilizer!!

Excellent post and forgive me for just getting to responding until now.

You are absolutely right that there is little to no actual research that is available for cannabis breeding other than a few studies although with recent moves to legalization and a lot of corporate backed financing pouring into the bioscience sector of the cannabis industry I think this will change very soon.

At my recent position in the industry, I did have the opportunity to work along side some very successful molecular biologists and did get to mingle with them often at first, so I did pick up things they would say, (although they spoke in an entirely different language half the time, being used to others that have formal nomenclature of the bioscience industry) so a lot of the time I understood what they were talking about after I would research it a bit... Now they came from non cannabis industries so things are different but from what I understood not only from them, but also reading I have done on my own is through traditional imbreeding it would take generally up to F7 to truely stabilize a strain where it was what they termed "isogenetic" and would breed true. This is done by using DNA mapping of the genome and using it as a roadmap to shorten the selection process which cut a lot of time off and was much more precise but still generally was known to take to about F7 to become stabile. Now there are other ways that I don't believe I can talk about to shorten this process to just 1 or 2 generations but its not proven to work on all species of plants and has worked for some, and not others but that is about as far as I can go talking about it...

Also through various resources ive learned that as you imbreed a strain, you lose vigor over the generations but gain stability, therefore a F2 may grow much stronger and larger than a F7, however the F7 progeny are much more stabile and have less variation. The magic in creating true hybrids is to take 2 separate strains, work them down to F7 isogenetic or homogenous and then to cross them, which is where hybrid vigor takes place and generally will outshine even the F1 parental lines by a lot... this is a common practice in today's agriculture and the reason why corn and other food crops are nothing like the ancestors they came from in terms of yield, vigor, and other traits.... The good thing with getting a strain to a stable F7 or isogenetic form is so that you can offer true consistency on the chemotypes, especially in terms of medicine which needs to be able to be replicated to precision, where most current cannabis strains have too much variation for this to be a reality at this state (other than cloning) which on a large scale is neither cost effective nor completely accurate either as genetic drift and epigenetics can change clones over time.

As far as cannabis sex... This is an area that I have seen very little to no research on, and from what I understand its not as easy as XY and XX chromosomes as the determining factor for cannabis plant sex determination. I know very little about this so please nobody quote me on any of this stuff, but it seems to me that all cannabis plants can either produce male sexual parts or female sexual parts, and its almost on a scale of mostly male or mostly female, where the determination actually has many "triggers" that can influence the resulting sex... we all know things like extreme stress, light leaks, and other environmental factors can "hermie" a plant and it seems that some strains are more easily influenced by environment than others... so its almost like a scale than either a black/white/grey area...

I do also agree that I have read somewhere, and maybe even repeated it within my journal that the silver blocks ethelene production too, which forces the production of male reproductive parts on the plant, and theoretically the pollen would be lacking the Y chromosome therefore the progeny of two female plants should be resulting in a female, but I have read while mostly true, also there could be issues, as you mentioned. It seems the way that I was taught in predicting the offspring with a punnent square isn't telling the whole story with plants, and that the combinations of genetic triggers is what influences the offspring, not just a single Gene or protein but more of a unique combination of multiple genes and proteins... so I think the topic is much more complex than my current understanding of it. I believe with by using colloidal silver, or actually any silver type product like silver thiosulfate, or even silver nitrate can do the same thing as far as blocking ethelene and reversing plants sex.... and from studies of other industries that use these same techniques, silver thiosulfate was mentioned in scholarly articles as a much higher efficacy than silver nitrate... also I think cobalt was mentioned too for this purpose.... using STS in my apartment is a little too risky with the laundry list of warnings the 2 components bring with them so I personally can't see a reason to use it in my small environment but would love to in the future if I can find a source that is already mixed and ready to use....

there is a ton to learn, and I love forums like 420 magazine because it allows all of us to experiment and report our results... I will try to post some photos in the coming day of my current project as I have seen some white pistils change to brown after a shaking of my reversed GDP plant, so I'm really hoping for a successful run. I also got some regular seeds in which I will be planting tonight, and hoping for a male of Pine tar kush to hit all my genetics with.. so only time will tell though :)

Happy New Year Brotha that was alot to read but very interesting
keep up the learning and passing it on to us dumbos :thumb:

Hey all!!!

I am going to bring this journal to an end at this time.... I haven't had a successful run yet with colloidal silver since my very 1st run, and so I am going to close this journal, and start a new one...

I will be trying again in the near future to make feminized seeds but I have a little project that I will give detail on in my new journal... and I invite all of you to join in the fun :) It will pretty much be an everything journal with a little bit of seed making included :) Please join me.. link will be provided soon.

Hey ice another idea if don't mind. On the coliida silver. You can do like what I do
Take some cotton wrap the stem and add the silver to it that way you want get spray everywhere you don't want it. Over spray nother words

IMG_20220120_183457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom