Fertilizer?

I have heard good and bad comments about Schultz. If you want to save money and buy something that works A1, I would use Alaskan Fish Fertilizer. I have used it for vegging. Alaskan has a new, well new to me, a new more bloom 4 budding. I have never tried it. I take special care of my buds, so I spend the little extra on fox farm, open sesame, beastie blooms, and Cha ching

@Emilya , all I could find is SCHULTZ 10-15-10. What are your thoughts?
Sorry I missed this earlier.... You have the weak all purpose, and while it will be ok in early to mid veg, your plants are going to need a lot more than this. There are several versions of Schultz and at the minimum you will soon need their bloom formula to mix in along with the all purpose. I agree with the other comments... get some Megacrop, single bag recipe. It is great stuff and results in grows very similar to organic gardening. It is easy to use, and it is cheap.

I have heard good and bad comments about Schultz. If you want to save money and buy something that works A1, I would use Alaskan Fish Fertilizer. I have used it for vegging. Alaskan has a new, well new to me, a new more bloom 4 budding. I have never tried it. I take special care of my buds, so I spend the little extra on fox farm, open sesame, beastie blooms, and Cha ching
I have bought fox farm 3 part and Cal Mag but have no idea what to feed 1st or ???

I have bought fox farm 3 part and Cal Mag but have no idea what to feed 1st or ???
Definitely download the Fox Farm soil feeding chart. Each week of the grow there is a slightly different mix. Trust the chart and don't listen to anyone telling you to dilute the feed from what they recommend. Save the calmag for when you have either a calcium or a magnesium problem... it is good to have on hand just in case.

The main thing is probably to not get confused by the name "Big Bloom." It's not the bloom/flowering component - that is Tiger Bloom. Big bloom is OMRI-certified, pretty weak on N-P-K, and can be used throughout the plants' lives. In other words, don't save it for the flowering phase.

The problem with manufacturers' nutrient schedules is that they seem to assume the soil/medium will be completely non-nutritive from day one. That blanket statement includes Fox Farm and, ironically, they also sell a soil product called Ocean Forest that is generally considered to be "pretty hot," lol. Just another reason why nutrient recipes/schedules should be taken as general advisories. Spend at least as much time "reading" your plants as you do reading such things, and you will be fine.

I don't have time to skim through them for useful content, but I did grab a short list of threads here on the forum about Fox Farm products. Hopefully, you will find some (useful) information within one or more of them. Again, I didn't check them for content, so please do not get mad if they're not all helpful.

Ok guys sorry I’ve been absent, plants are good despite my being clueless. I have bought Fox Farm Gringo Rasta 3 part, it has Super Sonic plant tonic and two others. I also broke my hand and am casted with pins from elbow down. I REALLY need some help, a sorta step by step for dummies

As suggested, follow the Fox Farms feeding chart. The order typical will go:

Big Bloom - constantly used, organic material (guano, etc.). Not extremely strong but very good for the plants especially when used with FFOF or their other lines of soil. This is the "safest" of all FF nutes in my opinion in terms of not really burning plants if over-done. I'm sure if you dumped a bottle into your pot it would be bad but relatively safe.

Grow Big - High Nitrogen, HOT if you over do it. Follow the schedule and it's fine but don't add extra thinking it'll help your plants, you'll burn them and will not have a good time.

Tiger Bloom - Used in flower, also can be hot if over-done.

Keep in mind the above suggestions are based on using only these nutrients in proper pH water, in FFOF soil, without adding anything extra and following their feeding schedule. If you are adding anything else then I can't promise that advice is helpful. I find that using FFOF soil with those nutrients I have no major issues other than a slight CalMag deficiency. I recently foliar sprayed with epsom salt and plants look amazing, CalMag is on the way so we will see how that works.

Back
Top Bottom