few questions for my fellow Deep Water Culture

tayrific

I am on Day 14 from seed. Bunch of pix in my member gallery. Going to start nutes tomorrow. I know I read somewhere that you don't need GH grow, micro, and bloom, that you can get away with only using 2 of them, but with all the reading, I can't find my way back to that particular page....can anyone help?

I am on Day 14 from seed. Bunch of pix in my member gallery. Going to start nutes tomorrow. I know I read somewhere that you don't need GH grow, micro, and bloom, that you can get away with only using 2 of them, but with all the reading, I can't find my way back to that particular page....can anyone help?

TAY,

let me se if I can help you bro.

First, we grow pot in Two Primary CYCLES; the first is VEGGING, also named GROW. The 2nd is FLOWERING, also called BLOOM.

Normally, In the VEGGING - GROW Cycle we use GROW nutes and in the FLOWERING -BLOOM Cycle, we use BLOOM nutes. In BOTH cycles, we also use the micro nutes. I have no experiece with your nutes, and yours might be different.

If growing in Hydro, your plants were hungry and ready for a small lunch a week ago. When mine are 5 or 6 days from sprouting, I start and feed them 1/4 the suggested amount of nutes.

In this Deep Water Culture Forum, at the top of the list of THREADS, there is a STICKY, a Thread named Feeding that you ought to read.

The pics you have uploaded in your gallery are there to visit the gallery and see.

If you will click a thumbnail of your pic, it will enlarge to a MEDIUM View.
Then right mouse buttom click it, and a window pops up. In that window you will see the word PROPERTIES and you click that word, and a new window pops up with the url or address of the pic. It starts with http and ends with html.

Copy and paste that address to this psot page, and put [ img ] in front of the address and [ /img ] behind it, hit REPLY and your pic will appear in the post.

I highly urge you to read my Deep Water Culture DWC Tutorial, the link is in my signature.

TAY,

let me se if I can help you bro.

LOL, too funny. Guess I'd better let ya'll know DEFINITIVELY that I am female. =) I had to buy my first drill to get my hydro up and runnin', I'll have ya'll know!

I really thought I'd read somewhere that someone had only used two. But now that I think about it more clearly <NOT high> I had probably read that you DO use two the entire time, but three total, does that make sense? LOL

If growing in Hydro, your plants were hungry and ready for a small lunch a week ago. When mine are 5 or 6 days from sprouting, I start and feed them 1/4 the suggested amount of nutes.

Damn, I swear I read that you start them on nutes when they get their second set of nodes? Incorrect?

In this Deep Water Culture Forum, at the top of the list of THREADS, there is a STICKY, a Thread named Feeding that you ought to read. Will head there now...

I highly urge you to read my Deep Water Culture DWC Tutorial, the link is in my signature.
I have read it, that's what I meant, I just can't seem to find the information to go back to! I am trying to follow the tutorial as closely as I can.

Tay

Roseman knows his S**t.

I AGREE!

Im using the GH flora series nutes and vegged with all three, flora grow, floramicro, and florabloom. The GH feeding schedule advises to use all 3

Yeah, I read that on the bottles, and studied the graph for a bit. It's all a guessing game and a learning experience, right? I got the pH figured out and handled pretty quickly (felt like 7th grade science class again, lol) so hopefully the nutes will be the same.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS
akjd;lj

Roseman,

I saw the second node on a couple of them by early last week, but I waited until all 4 were ready. I did the complete res change on Saturday night, and I believe my roots enjoyed their air bath. =)

Added the nutes late last night after reading your response. Leaves had begun to curl under (as of yesterday morning) and are still the same right now. Heading for the "search" button.

Roots are growing like, well weeds.

Between this, waiting for my dog to have pups, surprising my kids with their first airplane trip next week, trying to find someone to dog/pup/house/plant! -sit for me, I believe may be a little bit crazy. '

Thanks for your support, knowledge and experience!

hey the 2 part gh flora series is called the lucas formula, its only for bloom! Follow the flora series feeding chart,for veg... Go to ask lucas or search it.
Its e z 8ml of flora micro/gal and 16ml of bloom per gal no additional nutes are needed, jut top off for 10-14 days or however long u need to use to equal the amount of water you started with before you added nutes... For example, i use 3 gal of water in my buckets so i use 24 ml of micro and 48ml of bloom & when i use 3 gal of water over 10-14 days some strains vary in my experience but it always falls in that window... Then pour out your resivoir and repeat til your final week of bloom use flora kleen and water only! You will be stoked ar how much money you actually save, i bu1 gal of each and it lasts for a ve

Back
Top Bottom