Fire Safety: How do you prevent a disaster?

Lol. I was actually getting ready to run pex airlines in my garage.
I’m seriously considering making a sprinkler system with pvc and water hose running from my basement. Just have to get info on the sprinklers but it seems like it would be relatively ez. CL🍀

Fire safety is priceless. Thousand dollars is cheaper than burying your family
You don't think a grand would be a cheap price? :Namaste:
Just the sale price of the house I had to reduce $ 35,000,00 after the fire, just to get rid of it.
Let alone all our lost stuff.
And possible loss of life.
$1000.00 is fek all.
But if you don't have it then :rolleyes: ?
So be as safe as you can, do what ever you can.
Every extra step could be the one to save your life. :thumb:
Do your best.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

I’m seriously considering making a sprinkler system with pvc and water hose running from my basement. Just have to get info on the sprinklers but it seems like it would be relatively ez. CL🍀
The problem is pvc melts.
Water lines for a fire system would be better made from metal.:Namaste:
But if you can pressurize it safely without leaks, it's better than nothing right. :thumb:
I have a plan for a copper one.
It's just the water tank I need room for.
It's going to be tight.
But a pressurized 20 gal tank would be useful and not take up too much room.
I have to get everything else running first.
Probably should do fire suppression first.
But Apple Betty Won't Wait. :rofl:

Bill284 😎

The problem is pvc melts.
Water lines for a fire system would be better made from metal.:Namaste:
But if you can pressurize it safely without leaks, it's better than nothing right. :thumb:
I have a plan for a copper one.
It's just the water tank I need room for.
It's going to be tight.
But a pressurized 20 gal tank would be useful and not take up too much room.
I have to get everything else running first.
Probably should do fire suppression first.
But Apple Betty Won't Wait. :rofl:

Bill284 😎
With a constant flow of water even if it melts it’s suppressing the fire 🔥. Although you could run it through flexible electric conduit. Just spitballing here but that 90 dollar unit is looking just rite. CL🍀 :nomo: :reading420magazine:

Tell Your Insurance Company!!!
I just got off the phone with my insurance company.
I have $30.000.00 coverage on the VIVOHUT
As long as I don't grow more than my 25 plant limit I'm covered.
I asked for an Email confirmation of our conversation for our records.
Even though its perfect fine to make beer or wine in your house or grow potatoes under your bed. :rolleyes:
My pervious insurance company considered my 6 legal plants an amendment to the policy that I failed to inform them of.
So they canceled my insurance!! After the fire!!
If i had of told some secretary in a cubicle somewhere I was growing she would have ticked ✔️off that box.
Thus keeping my insurance up to date.
My failure to do so caused untold misery and expense. $$$
Please inform your insurance company if you are i ba legal position to grow.
Make sure Martha ticks✔️ off that box and keeps your insurance company informed.
The whole point of this thread is to prevent a fire.
But if you do have a problem make sure your insurance company has no possibility of denying you coverage.
Please everyone Be Safe.:Namaste:

BILL284 😳

Screenshot_20230125-081817_Gallery.jpg

20230125_081603.jpg

20230124_163658.jpg

20230124_163558.jpg

20230124_163052.jpg

20230124_163044.jpg

20230124_161216.jpg

20230124_161136.jpg

PSX_20221115_060503.jpg

Coming Soon

From a galaxy far far away

#VIVOHUT :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm back Baby :thumb:

Be smart. If you have a small indoor grow op I suggest you do it in
2'X3'X6' steel office cabinets. Steel does not burn, and as long as you
have a metal screen over the ventilation exhaust and keep the door
closed any fire will be contained. That's how I've done it for 15 years.
And, when not in use (now legal in NY so I'm growing outdoors) they
can store my steam engines. Huzzah!
Finally, a review. Girl Scout Cookies.......mmmmmeh. Great growers
(including a 9 footer) and a good yield but I'll try something else this year.

Tell Your Insurance Company!!!
I just got off the phone with my insurance company.
I have $30.000.00 coverage on the VIVOHUT
As long as I don't grow more than my 25 plant limit I'm covered.
I asked for an Email confirmation of our conversation for our records.
Even though its perfect fine to make beer or wine in your house or grow potatoes under your bed. :rolleyes:
My pervious insurance company considered my 6 legal plants an amendment to the policy that I failed to inform them of.
So they canceled my insurance!! After the fire!!
If i had of told some secretary in a cubicle somewhere I was growing she would have ticked ✔️off that box.
Thus keeping my insurance up to date.
My failure to do so caused untold misery and expense. $$$
Please inform your insurance company if you are i ba legal position to grow.
Make sure Martha ticks✔️ off that box and keeps your insurance company informed.
The whole point of this thread is to prevent a fire.
But if you do have a problem make sure your insurance company has no possibility of denying you coverage.
Please everyone Be Safe.:Namaste:

BILL284 😳

Screenshot_20230125-081817_Gallery.jpg

20230125_081603.jpg

20230124_163658.jpg

20230124_163558.jpg

20230124_163052.jpg

20230124_163044.jpg

20230124_161216.jpg

20230124_161136.jpg

PSX_20221115_060503.jpg

Coming Soon

From a galaxy far far away

#VIVOHUT :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm back Baby :thumb:
I have a question about outlet strips, would it be better to do 2 - 10 outlet strips or they have 1 3 sided with 24? I’m thinking prolly the 2-10s. Yes? 24 would prolly overload the circuit. CL🍀

I have a question about outlet strips, would it be better to do 2 - 10 outlet strips or they have 1 3 sided with 24? I’m thinking prolly the 2-10s. Yes? 24 would prolly overload the circuit. CL🍀
Morning Cap'n. :ciao:
If you can divide the usage over 2 or 3 circuits it's better.
Less load.
Smaller is better. :thumb:
Have a great day.

Bill284 😎

Morning Cap'n. :ciao:
Less load.
Smaller is better. :thumb:
Have a great day.

Bill284 😎
Yeah I was kind of thinking that so I’m gonna order 2-10outlet strips. I’m still looking 👀 for a 4” inline filter. Seen 1 on zon recently it’s gold n was only 20ish bucks but now I can’t find it. Bed arrives 2sday + I’ll be better prepared to finish my tent. CL🍀:idea::snowboating::thumb::420:

Today, I have an electrician coming to run a 4.5mm wire to my grow area, and also he is going to make all extension cords and power strips. I have asked him for the best quality. Having read this thread. I think I am going to have him put the grow, on a dedicated 15 amp circuit, or I'll let him do the calculations and see what's best. I am in South America we have 220v. I want to make sure I have capacity for future expansion. I like the idea of having a fire extinguisher near by.

I am also going to re examine the way each of my grow tents is set up including the wiring. Good thread!!

Today, I have an electrician coming to run a 4.5mm wire to my grow area, and also he is going to make all extension cords and power strips. I have asked him for the best quality. Having read this thread. I think I am going to have him put the grow, on a dedicated 15 amp circuit. I am in South America we have 220v so that should be plenty for my grow, and future expansion. I like the idea of having a fire extinguisher near by.

I am also going to re examine the way each of my grow tents is set up including the wiring. Good thread!!
I think you’re very wise in doing that and something I’ve never considered. Happy +safe growing. CL🍀 :goodluck: :goodjob::thumb::goodluck:

Today, I have an electrician coming to run a 4.5mm wire to my grow area, and also he is going to make all extension cords and power strips. I have asked him for the best quality. Having read this thread. I think I am going to have him put the grow, on a dedicated 15 amp circuit. I am in South America we have 220v so that should be plenty for my grow, and future expansion. I like the idea of having a fire extinguisher near by.

Good morning my friend.
Hope everything is going well today.
Amps & volts are different.
A single 15 amp breaker may not be enough, depending on lighs & fans,dehumidifier etc.
2 - 15 amp circuits is what I run to each room now.
And a separate circuit for extra equipment.
If you had 2 it would be a little safer, that's all.
Take care.

Bill284 😎

the number of outlets on the strips have nothing to do with it. it's the total draw on the circuit you are plugging in to that matters.

Less load.
Smaller is better.

that's not what he was asking.

A single 15 amp breaker may not be enough, depending on lighs & fans,dehumidifier etc.

unless you run multiple rooms or tents a single dedicated circuit is probably more than enough.

the important thing is calculating load. i ran rdwc rooms on 600w hps with all the constant running gear it requires and got nowhere near the limit on a 15A. would recommend a kill-o-watt to measure your circuits if you are concerned.

for bigger multiple room grows we ran 220w 50A breakers and built our distro boxes closer to the grow areas with multiple outlets. everything is on a double breaker that way with an extra level of safety.

my pops worked in hvac and electrical engineering. i was a lighting tech for a production company.

the number of outlets on the strips have nothing to do with it. it's the total draw on the circuit you are plugging in to that matters.

that's not what he was asking.

unless you run multiple rooms or tents a single dedicated circuit is probably more than enough.

the important thing is calculating load. i ran rdwc rooms on 600w hps with all the constant running gear it requires and got nowhere near the limit on a 15A. would recommend a kill-o-watt to measure your circuits if you are concerned.

for bigger multiple room grows we ran 220w 50A breakers and built our distro boxes closer to the grow areas with multiple outlets. everything is on a double breaker that way with an extra level of safety.

my pops worked in hvac and electrical engineering. i was a lighting tech for a production company.
Yeah even if I plugged into different outlets in my room it’s still all on the same circuit. I’m prolly gonna have an electrician put in a bigger breaker. I took basic wiring and could do it myself but for insurance purposes I won’t. CL🍀 :idea: :420:

Yeah even if I plugged into different outlets in my room it’s still all on the same circuit. I’m prolly gonna have an electrician put in a bigger breaker. I took basic wiring and could do it myself but for insurance purposes I won’t.

look at your breaker box first. you need to determine if you have enough service coming into the house in the first place. a lot of older breaker boxes don't have the room, or all the circuits are soaked up already. in extreme circumstances, or if the house is 50yrs or older, you may need to upgrade the existing breaker box.

the place where my veg room is is unable to add breakers or upgrade the box due to age. i had to change plans and calculate load on an existing circuit to make it work.

my flower room is on a dedicated 15A circuit and draws less than a third of what it can carry.

Back
Top Bottom