Automated Fire Prevention Products

The70’s

I have been looking into fire prevention for my 4x4 tent. products, so far i see the balls that explode and the automated fire extinguishers.

Can you show pic what you are using or maybe planning on using, i just went through @Bill284 thread on his fire and was literally paralyzed when i did a google search on grow tent fires 🔥

I do a good job of being tidy and running a dedicated 20amp service with its own breaker for my tents, but i can improve !

Thanx for stopping by

I had dedicated circuits put in as well. I still have fire prevention balls in my tents and around the basement, though. You can see one in the top-right of this tent, right near the exhaust.

I have been looking into fire prevention for my 4x4 tent. products, so far i see the balls that explode and the automated fire extinguishers.

Can you show pic what you are using or maybe planning on using, i just went through @Bill284 thread on his fire and was literally paralyzed when i did a google search on grow tent fires 🔥

I do a good job of being tidy and running a dedicated 20amp service with its own breaker for my tents, but i can improve !

Thanx for stopping by
I’m using a heavy duty fire extinguisher 🧯 and that’s it besides the strip. CL🍀 Edit: also using a smoke detector.

I have been reading about automated small fire extinguishers that look incredible.

I just double checked and i actually have my circuit on a GFI device too, hmmm its been a few years since i wired it….

FlameDefender is one brand name, the cylinder style 2kg with downward facing nozzle while mounted sideways woukd give me more room I think

Just having a fire extinguisher “available” is nice, as long as you’re there to use it. That’s a good reason to have an automated system. I’m gonna tag @Bill284 on this subject.
Don’t fight the fire yourself. Honestly, cut your losses and get your family and yourself well clear.

Call the emergency services and hope you have insurance. In my neck of the woods a person is liable to be charged for reckless endangerment of life via arson and a cultivation charge.

Having a basic knowledge of electricity and overloading outlets will also help. I’ve seen some sketchy stuff in my time, extension leads into extension leads, hearing a fizz when the lights come on etc

No fires, touch wood and thank god. I don’t ever think you can take enough precautions, especially if growing at home

1698121337855.png

This is really a great start for my 4x4, it can be mounted at the top of my tent, mounting depth is roughly 7” enough room for my lite at its highest…
These guys are running $250ish for 12yrs, this size is 2kg/4.4lbs, spec says it runs for 10sec once activated, lots of videos on utube

Just having a fire extinguisher “available” is nice, as long as you’re there to use it. That’s a good reason to have an automated system. I’m gonna tag @Bill284 on this subject.
1698121337855.png

This is really a great start for my 4x4, it can be mounted at the top of my tent, mounting depth is roughly 7” enough room for my lite at its highest…
These guys are running $250ish for 12yrs, this size is 2kg/4.4lbs, spec says it runs for 10sec once activated, lots of videos on utub.
Don’t fight the fire yourself. Honestly, cut your losses and get your family and yourself well clear.

Call the emergency services and hope you have insurance. In my neck of the woods a person is liable to be charged for reckless endangerment of life via arson and a cultivation charge.

Having a basic knowledge of electricity and overloading outlets will also help. I’ve seen some sketchy stuff in my time, extension leads into extension leads, hearing a fizz when the lights come on etc

No fires, touch wood and thank god. I don’t ever think you can take enough precautions, especially if growing at home
Good advice.
I fought it to no avail.
Coul have died in the process, dam close. :oops:
I was the only one home and wasn't going to just watch.
But I should've got the fek out.
Those little extinguishers were useless.
A couple auto extinguishers like @The70’s shows are great.
But precautions are the best bet at the end 9f the day.
Nothing flammable in the grow are.
Good electoral supply, safe.
And hopefully good equipment that won't blow up

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good advice.
I fought it to no avail.
Coul have died in the process, dam close. :oops:
I was the only one home and wasn't going to just watch.
But I should've got the fek out.
Those little extinguishers were useless.
A couple auto extinguishers like @The70’s shows are great.
But precautions are the best bet at the end 9f the day.
Nothing flammable in the grow are.
Good electoral supply, safe.
And hopefully good equipment that won't blow up

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Glad you lived to tell the tale my friend. Hope this finds you well 🙏

Glad you lived to tell the tale my friend. Hope this finds you well 🙏
Thanks Joe :thanks:
All good here.
I can't look at this thread anymore though.

Those pics give me PTSD.
This is my second house fire.🔥
Never Never want to see another. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom