First DWC Grow

Day 21 February 24th 2019

The plant seems to be very vibrant. It is growing very bushy. I lowered the LED light from 26 to 24 inches. I'm going to lower it further to about 18 inches and see if she takes to it. No nutrients added. pH at 5.7, ppm at 381 and water temperature at 24C.

So I lowered the LED light to 18 inches from the top of the plant. After 24 hours, no indication of heat or light stress.

Changed the water reservoir as I found tiny pieces of clay pebbles disintegrated at the bottom forming a powder. Added 1/4th strength nutrients from early growth week 2 and cannazym.

She looks lush, and showing very dense leaf growth. The nodes look super tight together so I'm guessing she will get super bushy and stay short.

Day 22, February 25th 2019

Checked on the plant today and noticed the two original 3 leaflet leaves crumbling at the edges and a yellowish colour on the edges. I'm not sure what this is a result of. There tiny yellow markings just starting on some leaves.

I raised the led light back to 22 inches yesterday. The pH level today spiked to 6.9. I corrected it accordingly. Water temp at 24C and PPM at 360.

Have a look

Anyone experience this before? There are many possible faults that could be causing this and I'm not sure where to start :-(

God knows I just had a PH(I think) issue. Good luck ;) my PH had jumped in to the low 7's
just looking at the pictures I had definite browning and brown spots spreading.
Yours looks different because the brown coloring does not seem as wide spread. Maybe same type of issue just targeting differently. I am still learning.

Things have stabilized but my 3 are not as pretty ;) Getting the PH down to 5.8 area can't hurt.

God knows I just had a PH(I think) issue. Good luck ;) my PH had jumped in to the low 7's
just looking at the pictures I had definite browning and brown spots spreading.
Yours looks different because the brown coloring does not seem as wide spread. Maybe same type of issue just targeting differently. I am still learning.

Things have stabilized but my 3 are not as pretty ;) Getting the PH down to 5.8 area can't hurt.

So, I realized that my pH meter was out of calibration. I read 6.9, 1 day after changing the nutrient solution. I adjusted it to 5.5 and then 2 hours later, back to 6.9.

Checked with a Hanna meter and reading was 5.8. I calibrated my pH meter. All is good now for pH. Let's see what happens. I increased the nutrients as well, reading 540 PPM.

To me, seems like the plant is super bushy. It's growing wide, more so than tall. Let's see how things go. Like you, I'm learning as well. Never done this before. Thanks for the help.

Just finished trimming the plant. Removed all the lower growth and smaller growth below the top. Cut the top off as well. The plant looks great.

Added GH Cal Mag today as I noticed yellow spots on some leaves and edges so hopefully, this stops.

Day 25, February 28th 2019

Let's see how it goes :)

Man those roots look insane. Plant is looking lovely keep it up. Just got one of my girl to break ground today it's so tiny right now. I'm doing a soil grow journal on here right now but I'm interested in DWC so getting info on how it's done.

Thanks! You are definitely at the right place. I have been given suggestions and received help on 420magazine.com and since this is my first grow, I need it. I am also new to DWC and this is my first plant, ever! You could do all the research online but individual grow experiences and feedback from others is so much more reassuring. Will follow your grow. Cheers.

Hello everyone. So an update. I've started LST and will be topping today. She is healthy and growing strong. Roots are great. Have a look.

Day 33, March 8th 2019

pH is at 5.5, ppm at 518 and water temperature at 23C degrees. Let's see how it goes :)

Attachments

• DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom