First DWC Grow

Dr Vanos

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. This is my first time growing marijuana. Any feedback or help is much appreciated!
Thank you.

My box (Home made):
Inside dimensions are H 63in x D 21in x W 18in (H 5.25ft x D 1.75ft x W 1.5ft)

My plant currently is a feminized White Widow (1 seed only) from Crop King Seeds. I am running the CFL bulb 24/7 and have not started using the 120W Samsung Diode Quantum Board.

Day 1 Feb 4th 2019

Day 3 Feb 7th 2019

Day 4 Feb 8th 2019

Day 8 Feb 12th 2019

Water level (1 taproot only just making contact with water)

Water info: 5.5pH right from the start of the grow till now. Water level is currently 6 gallons. No nutrients have been added. I will be using the General Hydroponics (Flora/Micro/Bloom). PPM is at 195. Water temperature is at 24C (75.2F). Ambient temperature is at 24.2C (75.56F) and humidity is at 14% :-(

1 CFL 2400k, 6in (0.5ft) from the top of the plant.

If people could please chime in if i need to adjust anything ie: height of light(s), water, temperature, humidity :-( etc . Any help/comments would really be appreciated!

Regards,

Dr Vanos

Attachments

• DSC_0124.JPG
    DSC_0124.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 54
:welcome:to the forum...

A light with more blue in the mix (4000-6000K) would be better for early growth. That's a good looking closet:)

I'm getting good results with General Hydroponics' Flora Trio in coco/perlite.

Thanks for the replies.

@ Old Salt, I'll get one on Friday. Thanks for the comment.

@ Chris Scorpio, I lowered the water level 1in. It is now at 300ppm and 5.5pH. I used the chart below which was generated at General Hydroponics' website based on the information I entered. I used 1/4th the nutrients of early growth week 2. No hydroguard or z7 yet. Will pick some up on Friday. How much of it would i use? Is General Hydoponics BioRoot the same type of product?

When should I start using my LED light and how far should it be positioned? Thanks.

make sure you keep ventilation good in that little box. It could heat up quick.

Humidity of about 70% would be good during veg then drop it to about 45% in flower.

@ Jimmycricket, I'm using an AC Infinity multifan S2 @ 35 CFM and a Flower carbon filter. See below. I have 2 PC fans and 1 small fan as seen in the pictures above plus the one below with the filter.

For humidity, I'll have to invest in a proper humidifier for the box. It's at 24.5C and 18% humidity.

Hey Dr Vanos welcome to the site. Thats a great closet system you’ve got there. Very neat. As Chris said you need to drop your water level so you have an inch or so space between the bottom of the net pot and the water otherwise your rockwool cube will suck up to much water and drown the seedling. Good luck and if you need any help just ask as this site is full of fantastic people more than willing to help.

Hey Dr Vanos welcome to the site. Thats a great closet system you’ve got there. Very neat. As Chris said you need to drop your water level so you have an inch or so space between the bottom of the net pot and the water otherwise your rockwool cube will suck up to much water and drown the seedling. Good luck and if you need any help just ask as this site is full of fantastic people more than willing to help.

Thanks Lewydeville. I've lowered the netpot 1in. Thanks for the input :)

Thanks Lewydeville. I've lowered the netpot 1in. Thanks for the input :)

Just to double check. You’ve got a 1-2 inch gap between the water and netpot now?

Looks great. I will certainly tag along for the ride. I'm deep into veg for my first DWC experience, so if I can be of any help please ask.

My two cents would be to insulate your ressy a bit. I had some issues early with temps of my nutrients rising, but I have solved that. My understanding is you want the nutrients at 20'c, and mine were climbing to roughly 25c.

Stoked to see another new member! This forum has the best people, who offer great advice, many of whom are already in on this thread. Lean on the members, trust their advice, ask questions (and be open to hearing some different strategies), because there is no education like a 420 education.

Most of all enjoy it!

Moss

Looks great. I will certainly tag along for the ride. I'm deep into veg for my first DWC experience, so if I can be of any help please ask.

My two cents would be to insulate your ressy a bit. I had some issues early with temps of my nutrients rising, but I have solved that. My understanding is you want the nutrients at 20'c, and mine were climbing to roughly 25c.

Stoked to see another new member! This forum has the best people, who offer great advice, many of whom are already in on this thread. Lean on the members, trust their advice, ask questions (and be open to hearing some different strategies), because there is no education like a 420 education.

Most of all enjoy it!

Moss

Big thank you for making me feel welcome. Last I checked, the water temperature was at 24 degrees after adding the nutrients (1/4 strength) so you are right. It was at 20 degrees before. I'm away from home now but will be back Friday. I'll be monitoring the plant remotely so if anything weird comes up, I'll have someone check on the plant. Thanks again.

Big thank you for making me feel welcome. Last I checked, the water temperature was at 24 degrees after adding the nutrients (1/4 strength) so you are right. It was at 20 degrees before. I'm away from home now but will be back Friday. I'll be monitoring the plant remotely so if anything weird comes up, I'll have someone check on the plant. Thanks again.

It wont be a huge issue until the roots are fully submerged, but the nutes you ordered (Hydroguard and z7) should help a bit to mitigate the effects of a warm ressy (root rot) if you cant get it down to exactly the desired temp. Again this is my first go at DWC but I'm pretty certain the info is accurate.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm back. The plant has grown with 4 more leaves and looks healthy. I have used Cannazym as Hydroguard and z7 are not available near me. The ppm is at 315, water temperature is at 21C and pH is at 5.5.

Day 13 February 16th 2019

1 root has started showing

I'm so excited to see how this goes!

Back
Top Bottom