First DWC Grow

It wont be a huge issue until the roots are fully submerged, but the nutes you ordered (Hydroguard and z7) should help a bit to mitigate the effects of a warm ressy (root rot) if you cant get it down to exactly the desired temp. Again this is my first go at DWC but I'm pretty certain the info is accurate.

Enjoy your trip!

If you have water temp issues i have used a 6 inch fan to lower the temp by as much as 10 degrees.

If you have water temp issues i have used a 6 inch fan to lower the temp by as much as 10 degrees.

As a matter of fact, I have a 6 inch fan in the box positioned at the bottom facing the plant. Water temperature today is at 21.5C. PPM is at 317. pH is at 5.5.

One thing I have noticed is that the pH level doesn't stay constant for more than 15-24 hours at a time. I feel like I have to make an adjustment every day, which is fine but I just wanted to know if this is normal.

When would I have to start using my LED light for the plant? Also, at what height? I have it positioned currently at roughly 26 inches from the top of the plant.

I fed the plant 1/4 the nutrient strength from week 2 of the chart I generated at General Hydroponics' website and 10ml of cannazym. When would I feed the plant again and do I change the complete water solution or add to it? The last feeding was this past Wednesday February 13th.

Thanks for all the help!

Day 14 February 17th 2019
Showing 4 more leaves for a total of 8.

4 roots total now, with 2 really long ones.

I am just doing my first hydro so am learning like you. To me looks healthy ;)

As a matter of fact, I have a 6 inch fan in the box positioned at the bottom facing the plant. Water temperature today is at 21.5C. PPM is at 317. pH is at 5.5.

One thing I have noticed is that the pH level doesn't stay constant for more than 15-24 hours at a time. I feel like I have to make an adjustment every day, which is fine but I just wanted to know if this is normal.

When would I have to start using my LED light for the plant? Also, at what height? I have it positioned currently at roughly 26 inches from the top of the plant.

I fed the plant 1/4 the nutrient strength from week 2 of the chart I generated at General Hydroponics' website and 10ml of cannazym. When would I feed the plant again and do I change the complete water solution or add to it? The last feeding was this past Wednesday February 13th.

Thanks for all the help!

Day 14 February 17th 2019
Showing 4 more leaves for a total of 8.

4 roots total now, with 2 really long ones.

Ph rarely stays put. As long as it stays somewhat close to 6.0 youre good

You could start your LED now if you like. Just keep it away from the seedling at first. If the plant starts to reach for the light move it down a bit. 26 inches is a good place to start. Add more nutes the 7 days after you added them first. Be sure to watch the PPM like you are. It should start to go down as your plant matures. You wont need to change the water for a little while

Your plant looks good. Watch it carefully for issues. If you do something and the plant changes for the worse you may need to flush the tank or raise the light... you will also need an innoculant for your nutrient water. I use Hydroguard, but Z7 is a winner if you can find it.

Good luck and ask a ton of questions

Ph rarely stays put. As long as it stays somewhat close to 6.0 youre good

You could start your LED now if you like. Just keep it away from the seedling at first. If the plant starts to reach for the light move it down a bit. 26 inches is a good place to start. Add more nutes the 7 days after you added them first. Be sure to watch the PPM like you are. It should start to go down as your plant matures. You wont need to change the water for a little while

Your plant looks good. Watch it carefully for issues. If you do something and the plant changes for the worse you may need to flush the tank or raise the light... you will also need an innoculant for your nutrient water. I use Hydroguard, but Z7 is a winner if you can find it.

Good luck and ask a ton of questions

Thank you very much for this. I have purchased cannazym for now. z7 and Hydroguard can't be purchased where I am (won't make it through customs). I will be looking for some alternatives other than the cannazym and I will ask my local hydroponics supplier to try and get z7 and Hydroguard.

Evan, at Astral Grow (Hydroponics, Indoor Garden Supplies, Grow Kits - Toronto) has been very helpful in getting me everything I have needed for this plant.

I will start with the LED light tonight and post back in a day to update. Thanks once again.

I was confused in my reading z7, z9 I think it maybe branded z7 in the US and z9 in Canada. Not sure just an impression from my reading. Worth a try.

Then again when I find z7 it comes in 2 parts both liquid. Maybe those are references to the 2 parts.

I was confused in my reading z7, z9 I think it maybe branded z7 in the US and z9 in Canada. Not sure just an impression from my reading. Worth a try.

You were correct. z9 is the Canadian market replacement. Will see if my supplier can get it for me. Thanks!

So I removed the CFL bulb and started with the LED light, 26 inches from the top of the plant. pH is at 5.8, ppm at 317 and water temperature at 22C. Let's see how it goes.

So I removed the CFL bulb and started with the LED light, 26 inches from the top of the plant. pH is at 5.8, ppm at 317 and water temperature at 22C. Let's see how it goes.

Looks good man! Only 3 to 4 months to go.

Gonna follow along Dr. Just started my grow around the same time as yours.
If you are still looking for Z9 I got mine on sale recently but I’m about an hour west of Toronto. Msg me if you want the place.

Look forward to following along.

My local hydroponic supplier will be back tomorrow. I'll check with him first and then message if I need it. Thank you for offering :)

So the plant has taken we'll to the LED light, no abnormalities. Was wondering if I should lower it a bit. It's at 26 inches from the top of the plant. pH is at 5.8, ppm at 310 and water temperature at 23C degrees. Have a look.

Day 15 February 18th 2019

Funky new roots

Hello everyone. Just an update. The plant is doing well and looks healthy with more leaves and good root growth.

Added 1/4th nutrient solution from early growth week 2. pH is at 5.7, ppm at 385 and water temperature at 23C.

Day 17 February 20th 2019

Back
Top Bottom