First Ever Grow! - Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

ybtk

Hey guys, this is my first grow and I'm going the cfl route as of right now I have 22 plants, the strain is unknown I had the seeds handed down to me from an outdoor grow and I have taken them to the indoors, I'm on my second week from germination.

Soil: miracle grow
Lights: cfl 2x42w and 7x 23w
Fan: low setting every half light cycle
Nutrients: miracle grow liquid (1tsp to 1 gallon boiled tap water every 2nd week)
Watering: boiled tap water (not checking ph) when ever soil gets dry
e2dadd91df8dd87e9ee3d97816a52bcd.jpg
ac7a954e62b5f171deec4a865f31083d.jpg
18adf43ca3d431ccab37cf72424c6a78.jpg
b42dd3db601b16d9b9c3b62ba29912cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I'm in to watch this one. Should be interesting. You'll need more light in my opinion and quite a bit of room. Best of luck to your grow. Just make sure soil is completely dry before you water. I lost 4 plants a week ago due to over watering.

I plan on upgrading all of the 23w to the bigger bulbs and I assume a fair portion of these may turn up as male plants which should open up some space

I plan on upgrading all of the 23w to the bigger bulbs and I assume a fair portion of these may turn up as male plants which should open up some space

You'd probably be better off at that point upgrading to a more efficient light source if you can afford it. I've got 8 x 23w, and 2 x 26w on 3 plants, so I understand. But at 232 watts, I know I could yield better with an equivalent light and possibly even save energy costs. It's on the to do list.

Good luck my friend!

You'd probably be better off at that point upgrading to a more efficient light source if you can afford it. I've got 8 x 23w, and 2 x 26w on 3 plants, so I understand. But at 232 watts, I know I could yield better with an equivalent light and possibly even save energy costs. It's on the to do list.

Good luck my friend!

Any idea on how much my electricity bill will spike from this with the cfl, and thank you for the info! Cheers

Any idea on how much my electricity bill will spike from this with the cfl, and thank you for the info! Cheers

Mine went up about 30$ Canadian on 18/6 with a 6" desk fan running 24/7. Hope that's helpful!

Also does anyone know if a high powered led uv black light would help in any ways

I'm concerned about temperature and humidity any ideas on how I can better control the situation as well as fresh air, being it is in a closet I don't know if it has enough

HELP! So today they are looking bigger, but there is one issue, one of the plants fell over, could this be because they are getting too heavy for the stem at this stage?

d6e62e0db9561688b650c862a435ed49.jpg
ffb531ffd9a0d03c4e4ba1bc3b37fa12.jpg

I would add more soil around the stem of the plant that fell over, as well as popsicle stick or something for support. Actually, I'd probably top off all the pots with more soil for more support. CFLs can be up to only 2" away from your plants as well, so moving them closer will help reduce stretching. I keep my lights pretty close to keep my girls short and bushy, and so far it's been working well.

If you aren't sure what's too close or not, put your hand right above your plant, is it too hot on your skin? If yes, then it's too hot for your plant.

I'm concerned about temperature and humidity any ideas on how I can better control the situation as well as fresh air, being it is in a closet I don't know if it has enough

Are you able to leave the door open during lights on? I did that daily when I was using a hallow dresser. If it's too hot, you can add bottles of ice in your grow area. Leave the tops off, and as they melt, they will release water into the air thereby increasing your humidity.

What are the temperature and humidity levels now?

I would add more soil around the stem of the plant that fell over, as well as popsicle stick or something for support. Actually, I'd probably top off all the pots with more soil for more support. CFLs can be up to only 2" away from your plants as well, so moving them closer will help reduce stretching. I keep my lights pretty close to keep my girls short and bushy, and so far it's been working well.

If you aren't sure what's too close or not, put your hand right above your plant, is it too hot on your skin? If yes, then it's too hot for your plant.

Are you able to leave the door open during lights on? I did that daily when I was using a hallow dresser. If it's too hot, you can add bottles of ice in your grow area. Leave the tops off, and as they melt, they will release water into the air thereby increasing your humidity.

What are the temperature and humidity levels now?

Hey smokie, after work I'm going to add some more soil as well as some paper clip braces, hopefully they will still be okay when I get home. As for humidity and temp I haven't gotten a gauge yet, I'll make that a priority! Also in going to try and lower the lights a little bit

The seedling didn't fall over, if you look closely, it made a stretch for the light.
I agree with smokie, as I grow with cfls too, I'm running 322 watts on 4 plants in a small space. You do need more light and closer is better. Strengthen the stems up by using a fan and blowing wind across the tops of them. Have fun, I'll stick around and watch. :high-five:

Hey dean, I have a fan running on them constantly, the one plant was laying flat in the soil this morning I tried to stand it up again but it just kept falling over, hopefully I can save it when I get home . thanks! Also going to add 4 more big cfl lights and replace all the other smaller cfl to the bigger bulb so I will have 13 x 46watt cfl total once I upgrade

I'm just saying it's fine. The head of the plant will follow the light. If you look at the picture and see where it's stem is and look at the other plants stem. You can also see that both the heads line up under the light. Don't worry.

Oh! Okay I see what your saying now! I've also been rotating the plants every day or two to try pull it back the other way, and is it to early to tell or are these looking like indica leaves? Lol

Back
Top Bottom