First Ever Grow! - Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

sounds like the one dampened off... let these seedlings dry out between waterings... all the way to the bottom. Watering too often is the single biggest mistake new growers make and a constantly wet surface is asking for trouble.

regarding strain... they already have the wide leaf look of a good indica dominant...

math... let's see... 232w 18 hours a day is 4176 watt hours per day. Times 31 days is 129,456 watt hours, or 129 KW/hours per month from your bulbs. At my rates here in Missouri of $0.11/kwh, your bill would go up $14.24 / month.

Get more light. Get as much as you can afford. Just for comparison purposes, I run 6x the wattage you do and I feel I barely have enough.

Okay so quick update the girl that fell over is looking like she will be okay! Going to add more soil to the pots tonight and I have already lowered the lights, Friday I will be upgrading bulbs! Thanks everyone!
d11dad163eb90b9e5b3335ba52767782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420

It looks like you just misted, and again soaked the soil. If you keep doing this, you are most likely going to kill them. Let them dry out... possibly for several days. Search for the lift method to learn when to water again.

I didn't mist them, and I'm not watering often at all, I let the soil dry out an inch deep and only add 1 cup of boiled and set water

It looks like you just misted, and again soaked the soil. If you keep doing this, you are most likely going to kill them. Let them dry out... possibly for several days. Search for the lift method to learn when to water again.

I went and looked why it looked misted and it is just dried back splash from the last watering lol

I didn't mist them, and I'm not watering often at all, I let the soil dry out an inch deep and only add 1 cup of boiled and set water

My smallest girls are in pots about that size and are about that size maybe a bit bigger. I watered one of them 5 days ago again today. She lost most of her weight. 180 grams after watering then 52 grams just before watering. I look in the holes in the bottom to check how moist the soil is. When that is almost dry I give them some. I started following Emilya's watering guide and my plants have since started thriving. Just my 2 cents.

My smallest girls are in pots about that size and are about that size maybe a bit bigger. I watered one of them 5 days ago again today. She lost most of her weight. 180 grams after watering then 52 grams just before watering. I look in the holes in the bottom to check how moist the soil is. When that is almost dry I give them some. I started following Emilya's watering guide and my plants have since started thriving. Just my 2 cents.

Approx how much water do you give your girls on watering day? Example: 1 cup? 2 cups? And also how often should nutes be added, or should they with miracle grow soil? I have read this soil is high in nitrogen without adding extra

you should not need nutes until about the first week of flower... at least 5 weeks from now. Read the last lines of my signature for more on this. When you water, you water to saturation... or until runoff. If your plants are growing correctly, they will use more water each time you water, so there is no set amount that will cause this. I have a nice link on watering in my signature lines too... you should read it and see if there is anything for you in there.

I would say I give them about a cup or two. I pour from a gallon jug. I let them tell me. Water slowly. Take a break. Slowly again. Take a break. Then I water around the edges and get some run off. I gave my oldest ones quarter strength nutes after 2 weeks. But they were extremely health and wanted to ease them into it. They loved it so I'll do it again on my next watering for them probably this weekend.

checking soil only an inch deep is the problem... weeds are deep rooters... so the main roots that you should be concerned with are at the very bottom and in the core of the rootball. If it doesnt dry out down there and in the core between waterings, you are overwatering.

Also, please explain why you are boiling the water? Do you somehow think you are getting rid of the chlorine products?

Subbed! We can be 1st time growers together. Looks like you got a great group of people to assist. Def lower the cfl's and as someone said if it's too hot on your hand after 10 seconds it's too hot for plants. Here's my 2 cents on watering.... Do your pots have holes in the bottom? (i'd assume they do). Water until you have runoff thru the bottom and then go 3-5 days however long until they feel drastically light or you poke the soil thru the bottom and it feels dry. Marijuana grows natural in the Middle East and that's a fucking desert... Your ladies will hold up just fine.

On other note.... I thought I saw on the 1st page a pic of 1 pot with 2 plants? Their roots will get all tangled and only make it harder to diagnose a problem if one starts acting up.

Alright one more comment and I'm done. Look into smart pots (fabric pots) if you're gonna transplant to bigger pots. They help with aeration and water wont pool up in the bottom and cause root rot. Good luck! Everybody's advice has been spot on.

checking soil only an inch deep is the problem... weeds are deep rooters... so the main roots that you should be concerned with are at the very bottom and in the core of the rootball. If it doesnt dry out down there and in the core between waterings, you are overwatering.

Also, please explain why you are boiling the water? Do you somehow think you are getting rid of the chlorine products?

Yes that is why I am boiling it lol is that a bad assumption/method? By the way thanks for all the help emilya!!!

Boiling water kills microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, or protozoans that can cause disease. We do it for drinking water if the City issues a water boil notice.... it's a real thing lol. I run a PUR filter and it dropped ppm's all of 10..... gonna see what boiling does for data

Yes lol one of them is a twin I have researched it a bit and many people have been successful with twins, I will see how they progress further and if any problems I will more than likely remove them from the group, as of right now they actually seem to be one of the healthier looking pots in this grow I'll keep you guys updated on that one lol and let me know your findings with the boiled water! Cheers!!!

I would say I give them about a cup or two. I pour from a gallon jug. I let them tell me. Water slowly. Take a break. Slowly again. Take a break. Then I water around the edges and get some run off. I gave my oldest ones quarter strength nutes after 2 weeks. But they were extremely health and wanted to ease them into it. They loved it so I'll do it again on my next watering for them probably this weekend.

Let me know how they take it! :) cheers!

most modern water districts no longer use chlorine... they use chloramine, which is a stable product that can not be removed by evaporation or boiling. You are welcome... glad to help.

That's good to know! From drinking it lately it has tasted off so I figured boiling wouldn't harm it :) ...... It won't do harm will it? Lol

I don't intend to thread jack but I'm checking back in with what I said I'd do. Boiling my water raised ppm's significantly.

Tap water from faucet- 260ppm

Tap water run thru PUR filter- 250ppm

PUR filter water boiled and cooled- 315ppm

I'm gonna post something in the FAQ section. Doesn't seem harmful but I want to understand why it raised... I'll be more thorough in FAQ thread.

Back
Top Bottom