First Ever Grow! - Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

the goal of uppotting isnt a race so that you can quickly get them into their final container and you can sit back and say, 'phew... job well done!' Instead, you want to resist up-potting until the plant starts to complain a little... so that you can force her to develop a dense rootball... if you plop her into a larger container, she will happily stop doing that and go deep again and you will end up with a poorly developed and weak root system that could have been avoided simply by being patient and waiting for her to ask for an up-potting, instead of you making that decision for her.

the goal of uppotting isnt a race so that you can quickly get them into their final container and you can sit back and say, 'phew... job well done!' Instead, you want to resist up-potting until the plant starts to complain a little... so that you can force her to develop a dense rootball... if you plop her into a larger container, she will happily stop doing that and go deep again and you will end up with a poorly developed and weak root system that could have been avoided simply by being patient and waiting for her to ask for an up-potting, instead of you making that decision for her.

What's a good indication of them wanting to be up-potted?

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I see two things that happen almost simultaneously... first, the wet/dry cycle goes to less than 36 hours for the first time, and second, one of the first fan leaves will start to yellow, getting a bit worse each day. When I see either of these happen, i will pull the plant out of the container it is in just to look at the roots... if they are starting to wrap at the bottom that is my confirmation and they get up-potted immediately.

I see two things that happen almost simultaneously... first, the wet/dry cycle goes to less than 36 hours for the first time, and second, one of the first fan leaves will start to yellow, getting a bit worse each day. When I see either of these happen, i will pull the plant out of the container it is in just to look at the roots... if they are starting to wrap at the bottom that is my confirmation and they get up-potted immediately.

Awesome! Thanks as always!

These girls really took off last night HOLY
7344867b9f37fa7813ccf5843b66dc16.jpg
00e9ecde801e65cbe3d7719cb878cfd0.jpg

Just an update, looking healthy and starting to get a bit taller and filled out, they also smell already!
c6e7e968937b1ae88f9102ba4801002a.jpg
f9e7a8b41445a98b35eac02875717e90.jpg
a859a4127f98abf7516be2ed388fd8db.jpg

First Ever Grow! Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

The leaves curling at the edges like this looks like heat stress to me.

How close are your lights? CFLs, right? They should be close enough that your hand can rest on top of the plants for 5-10 seconds without being too hot. Mine were angled over the plants like ^, and the bottom of the light was still about 2" away.

How close are your lights? CFLs, right? They should be close enough that your hand can rest on top of the plants for 5-10 seconds without being too hot. Mine were angled over the plants like ^, and the bottom of the light was still about 2" away.

They don't seem to be warm at all when I put my hand there I will move them up though is there really anything else it could be?

My light is off right now until 11pm I will see if it unrolls at all in that time. I'll keep you guys updated hopefully that's all it is

First Ever Grow! Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

You could check the pests and problems thread: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

But beyond that, I have no more personal experience. Sorry dear.

Did you ever get a thermometer? I'm fairly sure it's heat stress. I did a quick search just to double check.

Trying really hard to relieve the heat stress, I've backed off my lights, put an ice bowl in the middle of the most affected area, and have the fan ocilating on high with closet door open and back door cracked for fresh cold air, still fairly warm in the closet but hopefully it gets better, where could I find seaweed extract in Canada?
f77bdaaa0d4e46c342b313f87258ed33.jpg

Here's my readings. Temp too high?
5ad9d09b136e5ab986c3351da03bf815.jpg

Usually 20-30 degrees is good but some strains prefer lower temperatures and others prefer higher. I try to keep it at 26 degrees personally.

I'd give it a day or two personally. You don't know how high the temps have been going. Let them recover.

Back
Top Bottom