First Ever Grow! - Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

You are going to have to spray them with something. If it is indeed spider mites, you will need to spray the entire area, several times... they are hard to get rid of. First though, lets confirm what you have and where it came from.

Something kind of makes me suspect that it was my kid when he sprayed hairspray in the closet seeing as how it's only on one pplantbut I will let you know in a couple minutes here

You are going to have to spray them with something. If it is indeed spider mites, you will need to spray the entire area, several times... they are hard to get rid of. First though, lets confirm what you have and where it came from.

No signs anywhere on the plant or the surrounding ones

find that web that we see in the picture... they say once you see webs, its too late. These suckers are tiny tiny... almost impossible to see with the naked eye. Look for bigger black poop spots and very very little black spots that are moving near the trunk at the bottom.

I don't see any signs on any of the plants other than the one with a little bit of silkiness

i would isolate this one plant for now, and then investigate further. Get a magnifying glass and look really carefully. After touching it, I would wash thoroughly before returning to the flowering area.

Cut the plant down, I didn't want to take any chances, and no there is no possible way it would have been exposed to spider mites, I'm fairly sure it was dried up hairspray

yikes... executed for hairspray! A girl has to be careful these days!

seriously, I hope I didn't cause you to lose a plant that might have been innocent.

Yeah he likes to get in my finances hair spray and water my tomato plants LOL

So it was spider mites I killed every plant with any signs what so ever and went through every plant thoroughly placed ones that looked ok in new soil bigger pots relocated to a new grow room and added more lights, we will see what happens but chances are I'm screwed... On the topic do spider mites do anything to you health wise or to your house? #prayformygirls
ea87c74280af2ed8af176da99ee54669.jpg
51f0cbbca44fa500bf0a918f66224dfd.jpg
202828b0071c45a5e325556a798daa5e.jpg

First Ever Grow! Follow Along - Criticism Appreciated

SPIDERMITE UPDATE:

Well it's been over 48 hours since I put these in their new homes after killing the ones with any sign of spider mites and they seem to be loving it, upgraded all of my bulbs to bigger 2700 lum cfl's , I'm going to top all of the plants soon and let their bottoms fill out and then I think I might start HST and lean for a super crop! Thanks all!
360a281421c0ec199098b79073531b30.jpg
d98f07b2f669a81d480a87b84f53fbf5.jpg
6f6083f7682a5acd5de52499d7f6973b.jpg

Well since I've stretched my stems quite a bit I've decided to do some low stress training on the plants to fill in the bottom, once they mature some more I will start the high stress training and go for a super crop
5cc4e00cbab997938700ba43c4e9e5c9.jpg
19de0524711f807a588cd6f2e2a7dbc5.jpg

Well since I've stretched my stems quite a bit I've decided to do some low stress training on the plants to fill in the bottom, once they mature some more I will start the high stress training and go for a super crop

excellent plan... the mark of a master gardener is in how they deal with the things that invariably go wrong and find a way to turn them into positives.

Glad I've found this journal... I love to criticise and of the chance of that being appreciated, well now that's like foreplay... Plants are looking really healthy... Nice..

How many days do you go approx. between waterings?

Back
Top Bottom