First Grow. AK47, ICE, G13xHaze, and Hash

stevemc1979

Hello, I have been lurking on the site for about 2 weeks. I have read quite a bit and feel that I am ready for my grow. I am here to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot out of the gate.

My setup:
4x55 AH Supply Bright Kit
4 55w 6500K bulbs
4 55w 2700K bulbs
6 23w 6500K CFL for seedlings and clones
E.B. Stone Potting soil
Perlite
Alaska 5-1-1
Neptune's 2-3-1
Super-Thrive
Milwaukee Ph meter
Hanna TDS 1 Meter

I currently have one each of the strains listed in the title germinating in shot glasses on top of the fridge. The hash seed has already sunk (4 hours). The others are still floating.

I am going to use the 6500K bulbs for Veg and the 2700K bulbs for Flower. Should I use 3 6500K and 1 2700K during Veg then 3 2700K and 1 6500K during Flower? Or just go with straight 4 and 4 respectively?

I plan to use the Alaska after about 3-4 weeks of veg. Then, use the Neptune for flowering. Are these nutes strong enough to grow with? I see alot of other nutes above 10 or even 30. Would these be too strong?

For soil growing what is the optimal Ph to be at? I have read that different strains like different levels. Is there a basic starting point?

As for the nutes, what PPM should I try to aim for?

Thanks in advance. I will post pics either here or in the journal section.

For Starters

In general for PH the rule I was taught is 5.5-6.5 range but I've learned to favor the 6.0-6.8 range. Different strains have different requirements. As a new grower I recommend going with one or 2 strains tops.learn them and then worry about learning others.I made that mistake my 1st grow an harvested most plants too early. As far as PPMs go, ease into the feeding according to the manufacturer. Start at like half strength. If using soil u don't need to fertilize/feed for at least 2 weeks, all necessary nutrients should be pre existing in the soil. I don't know jack about CFLs and their ratings. I hope some of this helps. What size pots u using?

I will be starting in 6'' pots then moving to 5 gallon buckets.

Once they are started, ease the lights on them. Once they create they're first leaves hit em with lights. Personally I would put all those CFLs on them if your able to. Put them maybe 1 and a half inches away from the plants. The plants love them. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom