First Grow - Auto Ferm Indoor Grow

mytur88

Hello, This is my first grow ever. They sprouted on 4/20 and I have many question's also, wanting any advice if you are wanting to give some. I'm excited that i get to learn how to grow my own cannabis.

Strains:
3 x Northern Lights- Auto Feminized
70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis
Flowering Time - 8 weeks
15.08 THC / .9 CBD / .3 CBN

1x Early Miss - Auto Feminized
60% Indica, 30% Sativa 10% Ruderalis
Flowering Time - 7 weeks
20.06 THC / .7 CBD / .5 CBN

Indoor set up
3x 132 true watt led light's
48x24x60 tent
4 inch exhaust running outside.
Using Marksman Peat for plant's and veggies.
Total Nitrogen (N): 05%
Available Phosphate: 06%
Potash: 03%
enriched with slow release fertilizer (14-14-14)
For nutrients I have fox farm big bloom and bushdoctor foliage spray for calcium and magnesium.

They have all been healthy so far with the help of many on this forum.

The northern light's were germinated on 4/16 and EMS on 4/22. They were in cup's and transplanted to there final growing pot's which are 3 gallon pot's.
Day 19
pic21.png

Today i've experienced issues. The roots are trying to escape out the drainage holes.

Day 20

For the 3x NLS I germinated them, planted them all on the same day and the one on the bottom left has bigger fan leaves on the second row than the other two's bottom first initial row's What was funny is the one that is the biggest now was the one that looked the worst when they first started vegging. I have been spraying them with the foliage spray every-other day.
It says to spray them when the lights are off, I'm on an 18/6 schedule. How long does it take for the pours to open up?

Day 22
Woke up and noticed both plants on the right had yellowing on the bottom. This plant has it only on this one bean looking leaf.
This is my first problem and any help would be great!

yellow.png

I think i figured out the problem, but dont know the solution. My other half decided to water the plants yesterday or the day before and grabbed the gallon of "grow big" instead of the RO water. How do i adjust or fix this? anyone?

Today i've experienced issues. The roots are trying to escape out the drainage holes.

Roots dont escape, they simply grow. Your concept of them escaping or that this is even a problem are simply constructs of your human mind, and are meaningless in the plant world. The fact that you have spotted a root in a drainage hole is not a sign of anything other than life existing... move on, nothing to react to here. Thinking that this may be a sign to up-pot is also a fallacy.

I think i figured out the problem, but dont know the solution. My other half decided to water the plants yesterday or the day before and grabbed the gallon of "grow big" instead of the RO water. How do i adjust or fix this? anyone?

First, multiple gardeners works about as well as multiple cooks in the kitchen. Do what you have to do to make one of you the lead gardener who makes the decisions.

Gallon of Grow Big? Are you telling us that you premixed your grow big and this was used, or did your overachieving other half actually water with full strength Grow Big? If this is the case, flush, flush, flush...

I also would like to encourage you to grab the rest of the foxfarm nutrient line... just grow big is not going to do it for you as your plant's needs mature.

As far as the little yellowing leaf down at the bottom, this appears to be nothing more than the first indication of being root bound. Did you just recently move them all to these larger containers? The picture is confusing me too... is this plant not in the center of that container, or is there a second plant in there with her?

First, multiple gardeners works about as well as multiple cooks in the kitchen. Do what you have to do to make one of you the lead gardener who makes the decisions.

Gallon of Grow Big? Are you telling us that you premixed your grow big and this was used, or did your overachieving other half actually water with full strength Grow Big? If this is the case, flush, flush, flush...

I also would like to encourage you to grab the rest of the foxfarm nutrient line... just grow big is not going to do it for you as your plant's needs mature.

As far as the little yellowing leaf down at the bottom, this appears to be nothing more than the first indication of being root bound. Did you just recently move them all to these larger containers? The picture is confusing me too... is this plant not in the center of that container, or is there a second plant in there with her?

There are 4 total in the tent. As for the foxfarm I had a gallon of grow big premade before we previously talked. I picked up Big bloom and fox farm bushdoctor. The plants were moved in 3 gallon pots last Saturday.

There are 4 total in the tent. As for the foxfarm I had a gallon of grow big premade before we previously talked. I picked up Big bloom and fox farm bushdoctor. The plants were moved in 3 gallon pots last Saturday.
Also pick up some Tiger Bloom and the 3 solubles. Bushdoctor is not one of their main line nutrients.

So if you recently up-potted, the yellow leaf is now moot. Good job. I would also highly discourage you from premixing this stuff... over time the nutrients do drop out of the solution, especially if you add other things to the mix. Mix your nutrients and pH adjust them, right before use. Discard any unused solutions.

Hi Mytur88,

Ok, I see your "journal". I will follow you here. You are in good hands with Emilya. I agree with all she has said thus far. You never want to pre mix nutes or calmag. I generally let mine sit 20 minutes before applying and any extras down the drain. I prefer starting my autos in their final pot, but this is a matter of preference.

Alright, I read your link about watering. I found it very helpful.

Day 28

Found out last night what Ruderalis means and does to light cycles. day late and a dollar short but they will be just fine. I only care if i complete my first one than anything. Ems is the third from the right and about to pass up the runt nls next to it.

281.png

Hi Mytur88,

Ok, I see your "journal". I will follow you here. You are in good hands with Emilya. I agree with all she has said thus far. You never want to pre mix nutes or calmag. I generally let mine sit 20 minutes before applying and any extras down the drain. I prefer starting my autos in their final pot, but this is a matter of preference.

Emilya has helped me a lot. A LOT, but like i said silly me went all gun ho when i started but didnt know auto's where the way they are. I was thinking it was like any other plant :p

OK, I like the FF trio. The All American Soil should be OK too. I just started using something very similar from "the" mart. You don't want to give them any nutes for 3-5 weeks, depending on how fast and large they grow in that 3-5 weeks. I veg under CFL and Fluoros then move to LED for flower. Mine end up very large at 3 weeks (pic attached) because of the "hot" soil. Before I give any nutes, I give them a good watering with a lot of run off. I then let them dry well and then start with the nutes. I try to feed every second or third watering so as not to poison them. If you are growing autos, you will probably only need to give them 1 or 2 feeding with veg nutes. In flower, they will get more thirsty and hungrier. You will probably want to start flowering nutes with "feed - water - water -feed" cycle and watch for deficiencies. Cal mag will be something you will want to consider. I need lots of it.

Do you have a journal. It may help. If not, can you tell me about your lighting and watering/feed routines? I'll try to help best I can.

this is the fox farms chart

Reading though my notes i gave them 1 feeding starting on week 3 (when i noticed the one of the left preflowering) with 1 tsp of grow big and 1 tsp of big bloom. I wish i found your post sooner. The second and fourth plant received 1/8 additional feed of grow big with the bushdoctor flowerkiss foliage spray at week 2. Starting to see how that worked out :p it put a damper on those two but looks like it kicked the far left one in overdrive with small leaves. I also think i should of stuck with just 3 plants for this tent and will learn next time when i try again. I have my lights 24 inches away it's giving the plants 25k-35k lux with my helpful -physics toolbox light sensor- and to the bottom under the leaves it seems to be penetrating. Someone stated in their auto journal saying 15k-60k lux is ideal for veg and 45k-80k for flowering.

28_1.png

I've never grown a photo, but I have grown 5 types of Autos. Early Miss is a Pleasure, so is Revolver (both CKS) they seem to be really forgiving. The Sativas, on the other hand, always get pissy with me. I have a habit of walking the very edge on nutes and water. I only like to give them what they need and I don't like to let it linger in the soil. If I step off that edge, even a little bit, the sativas let me know about it. The indicas just keep on truckin. I doubt I'll ever have it completely figured out since even seeds from the same plant can be so different. Your plants look great so you must be doing something right :)
Emilya helped me out a lot too. You can definitely trust her.

I've never grown a photo, but I have grown 5 types of Autos. Early Miss is a Pleasure, so is Revolver (both CKS) they seem to be really forgiving. The Sativas, on the other hand, always get pissy with me. I have a habit of walking the very edge on nutes and water. I only like to give them what they need and I don't like to let it linger in the soil. If I step off that edge, even a little bit, the sativas let me know about it. The indicas just keep on truckin. I doubt I'll ever have it completely figured out since even seeds from the same plant can be so different. Your plants look great so you must be doing something right :)
Emilya helped me out a lot too. You can definitely trust her.

What is photo and pleasure mean? Thanks for the compliment. I havn't feed or watered them much until this week. The soil i used was so wet it wasnt needed. For this one that is just growing vertically. Do u suggest I keep it with the other two nls schedule? I get confused, once these auto's start to pre flower like this does it stop producing leaves?

What is photo and pleasure mean? Thanks for the compliment. I havn't feed or watered them much until this week. The soil i used was so wet it wasnt needed. For this one that is just growing vertically. Do u suggest I keep it with the other two nls schedule? I get confused, once these auto's start to pre flower like this does it stop producing leaves?

Photo period plants are the regular, non auto, types. They need the lighting to be flipped to 12/12 to flower. When I say that Early Miss and Revolver are a pleasure to grow, I just mean that they are more forgiving strains and seem to be able to cope with my mistakes better than the other strains I have grown.

I would love it if I could keep all 4 on the same schedule, but usually about the time the preflower and stretch phase comes around I will have 2 or 3 different schedules.
They will continue to produce leaves.

Day 30
All are showing preflowers now. Even the EMS. The lights are at 24 inches (giving me about 30k lux) Should i drop them down to get 50-60k?

Day 30
All are showing preflowers now. Even the EMS. The lights are at 24 inches (giving me about 30k lux) Should i drop them down to get 50-60k?

First, make sure you don't start flowering nutes yet. I usually give 1-2 doses of veg nutes in the entire cycle and they are both after pre flower.
If it were me, using your 132watt LED, I would drop the light about 2-3 inches per day over 4-6 days until they were 12"-15" above. I have seen people using them at 6" above but when I try this they start to look unhappy after a few days. You will feel this out eventually, I think everyone has their preference.

Great, Thanks! They are growing crazy right now. They did get 2 tsp of grow big and big bloom (which is week 4)

Back
Top Bottom