First grow do you think this thing's going to fill out?

It's an autoflower, can give it light 24/7
oh i didn't know you can let them run under 24/7 in flower. I thought 12/12 was it.

Don't waste your electric on lights unless your vegging in there through winter. I don't see any way to improve that tall bitch. Just let her grow and get what you get n move on to the next. Itll take you a few runs to get your style of growing down but never stop researching. This hobby evolves more every year.
ya, at this stage is really hard. maybe it be good to give some pointers for the next grow

Ok thanks I definitely like the security of the gh.i guess I’ve got some kinks to work out and reading to do but at lest even with fails you learn thanks everyone
you are not to far from having proper harvest. if you like make a journal for your next grow and you will have more members joining and giving you pointers.

Awesome thanks hopefully be starting the first indoor plant soon thanks
Read read read...you'll thank yourself later. Can't stress the importance of research before you jump in.

That poly shouldn't block any light. Nice greenhouse. We've got something in common already. Welcome aboard
If you look at the pic again that tarp is blocking some light, that's why you can't see through it clearly. A more transparent one would be better. Even window screens can cut down light intensity by 20%.
On the other hand a greenhouse is a good choice for that part of Ontario, winter comes early there. If I had the space I would be putting something like that up myself.

I’m definitely going to be doing a lot of reading and figuring better set up for green house next year I literally thought it up and built it in 1.5 hrs with material that was sitting around here this season was a jump in definitely a mistake but I am learning and actually really enjoy growing even though it wasn’t perfect I gain a lot of appreciation and plan to gain a lot more knowledge it good to live and learn every once in a while and I look forward to the next one even more

If you look at the pic again that tarp is blocking some light, that's why you can't see through it clearly. A more transparent one would be better. Even window screens can cut down light intensity by 20%.
On the other hand a greenhouse is a good choice for that part of Ontario, winter comes early there. If I had the space I would be putting something like that up myself.
I think I see it but even then it should have tons of light from above. I just ordered a 10x20 30% black shade cloth for mine. I'm try to knock down some midday temps and I'll still have plenty of light. That sun is a awesome lamp...lol

I’m definitely going to be doing a lot of reading and figuring better set up for green house next year I literally thought it up and built it in 1.5 hrs with material that was sitting around here this season was a jump in definitely a mistake but I am learning and actually really enjoy growing even though it wasn’t perfect I gain a lot of appreciation and plan to gain a lot more knowledge it good to live and learn every once in a while and I look forward to the next one even more
Great attitude...your gonna have that place looking green in the near future. I'm sure of it. I'd suggest researching scrog grows but if your just interested in autos it's not good for that. Good luck.

Hi every one I’m new here and to growing I planted this Canuck auto cheese it’s been going now for 32 days from seed and mostly only going up she is 53” now and just wondering if she look to straggly or she will still fill out thanks
868AFF1C-89EE-4EF4-8762-FD14D1C08A63.jpeg
From the beginning... not enough light. And when I say that I mean the light is not strong enough.

Hi every one I’m new here and to growing I planted this Canuck auto cheese it’s been going now for 32 days from seed and mostly only going up she is 53” now and just wondering if she look to straggly or she will still fill out thanks
868AFF1C-89EE-4EF4-8762-FD14D1C08A63.jpeg

-First off bro.
If you trying to grow autos. Some grow multiple branches. Some one branch. Thats genetics.
Its not recommended by most guides to top or fim autos because of their set amount of days from seed to harvest.
But its your plant an you can do try whatever you want. Thats how u find out first hand what u like.

-Second.
If your trying to grow photoperiod. Some grow Christmas tree like.
Some branch out. Its called genetics.

-Third.
Topping does not JUST produce two branches. And FIM does not produce JUST 4 branches. That may be plastered all over forums and grow guides but its a general truth.

(TOPPING or fimming causes a plant to grow 2 to 20 more branches off of one top and or fim)

Your plant grows how it wants depending on genetics. And how much light it receives. How many plants are around it (does it have to compete for light.) Plants growing next to eachother sense eachother and will try to outgrow eachother to receive more light..
Thats just science.

In this picture NONE of these plants got topped or fimmed.
Thats 4 different strains there. Some Hybrids, some indicas. I wasted no time with FIMs or tops this grow and was rewarded with multiple branches and an even canopy with only 3.5 weeks of veg time.
Resized_20200729_184048.jpeg

Do you see how the lower branches shot up to the height of the upper branches.
These weren't fimmed or topped.
I think its a combination of their genetics. Light they received. And the sea of green method putting so many plants in close proximity they react differently than just one plant growing by itself.

This outcome MAY just be because of my growing environment . Everyones elses experience may differ.
20200714_171118.jpg

In this grow here. These plants were ALL topped ONCE....... And didnt produce just 2 but some up to 16 branches per plant.

Resized_20200529_182858.jpeg

GENETICS play the biggest role in a plants life.
You can top or fim. But it adds recovery time to the plant.

You'll have to decide if its worth it. Obviously from my experience you dont have to top or fim to produce multiple branches/colas so its up to you through trial and error to see what suits your time frame and growing schedule.

Outdoor growing topping and fimming and the power of the sun add grow monster bushes and they love it.

You could also tie your plant down complety sideways and it will naturally produce multiple branches growing up towards the light.

Just another way to manipulate your plant

Good luck man plant looks great for a first auto.

My homeboy in Cali grows in greenhouses but flipps the roof over during a set amount of time in the day. That poly is preventing a bit of light for sure like others have mentioned its why they so lanky.

Thats minor tho dude. You got alot of space in that tent. Time to fill it up or get an indoor tent and do the same
Good luck bro

And if i can give you one more Bit of advice.

1. Light
2. PH
3. nutes.
4. temperature
5. Humidity

MASTER and CONTROL THOSE 5 THINGS at all times above all else.

Forget training techniques. Forget watering techniques. Forget talking to your plant techniques.

Learn how to grow with those 5 steps.
And then start fucking with the small shit.

I was on forums for 2 years before I started to grow. And then i tried to implement 20 things instead of 5 and my grow was almost a complete disaster.

Good luck bro. This is the best forum out of all the others. Been here for a minute and never seen any toxicity

Back
Top Bottom