First Grow - Dorm Grow Box

Re: first grow, dorm grow box

got the purple pine into flower, ill post pictures of that one at the end of this week (wk 1 of flower). i have two more weeks of the kush in veg, next sunday ill turn them to flower. the soil bags their in are very aerated, i have to water them EVERY day, a whole solo cup each, or they get droopy. anyone ever used them??

kush_veg_week_1a.JPG
kush_veg_week_1.JPG

been using baking soda and water on the kush plants, their leaves look like this after two sprays:

kush_weird_dots_a.JPG
kush_weird_dots.JPG

I had similar issues after spraying too. When you water, are you watering with literally just a cup a day? or multiple cups daily. The purple on the stems I think is a slight deficiency of something, I'm to newb myself to figure it all out. When I'm lacking something leaves and stems are first places that show. Still healthy and pretty happy. Keep it going !

ya i water the two kush plants one cup every other day. their getting droopy though! not sure what's wrong
photo_2117.JPG
photo_1147.JPG

the bags their in dry out super fast. so ive been watering as they dry. temps were too high though eventually so i knocked two of the tubes so now they got 5 cfl bulbs and the temps are solid.

end of week 1 of flower for the purple pine. kush's lights are getting turned to flower next sunday.

the purple pines been taking water pretty much every day. the other two are in the stupid air bag things that i dont recommend. they get dry so fast.

when do you guys think i should start nutrients?

Kush:
kush_last_veg_week_a.JPG

kush_last_veg_week.JPG

the purple pine, new setup it got way too big for the box. has 6 26w cfls now. i took out two singles and tube after some heat problems last night..

wk_1_flower_new_setup_2_.JPG
wk_1_flower_new_setup.JPG

Looking good! I would start nutrients now, they're plenty big. Unless there was another reason you were holding off? How high do you have in this grow area? As mentioned before, you would really benefit from low stress training with your CFL's and limited grow space. To late for this grow of course.

i don't know much about nutrients with soil and wasn't sure when they would run out of nutrients from the fox farms soil i used. i guess i got to go get some from the hydro store.. ya my purple pine got too big so i had to move it to this new setup, its only about 4 inches from the light so hopefully it doesn't get too much bigger.

Nice grow goin on. If it were me, I wouldn't add any nutes til those leaves lighten up a bit; those leaves that already look light are done with their contribution for goodies to the plant but if you do start with ferts, i'd start with 1/4 what the container says and build up from there ~ the purple stems indicate either a genetic or the plant needs hi P (second #). Nice journal. :cheer:

wk 2 of flower just ended, turned the 2 kush plants to flower and took clones. illpost pictures of them later but here's the purple pine, she's looking great! had a bit of a humidity problem, it got to 45% and some powdery mildew came back.. what you guys think?
Wk_2_flower_pm_5_.JPG
Wk_2_flower_pm_4_.JPG
Wk_2_flower_pm_3_.JPG
Wk_2_flower_pm_2_.JPG
Wk_2_flower_pm_1_.JPG

you think by just adding air ventilation and more heat?

i added a lightbar which brought the temps up to 79 and RH down to 35 but thats as low as ive gotten it..

Re: First grow, dorm grow box

wk 3

buds on purple pine lookin good! i got a bigger box so now their all together, still having humidity problems tho, cant get them below 35%..

do you guys think defoliating the powdery leaves a bit would help with the problem? ive sprayed twice but i cant seem to get the humidity down.. i got vents on the top and two pc exhaust fans accompanied by a intake fan. and one inside, but the humidity is letting the pm live

these are my fans and vents:
vents.jpeg
vents_2_.jpeg

heres the purple pine:

purple_pine_wk_3_2_.jpeg
purple_pine_wk_3_3_.jpeg
purple_pine_wk_3.jpeg
buds.jpeg

kush:

kush_wk_1_flower.jpeg
all_3_wk_3-1.jpeg
purple_pine_wk_3_3_.jpeg

there a little tough to see, in the back.

what do you guys think i should do? put more vents? fans?

thanks guys

grows looking good . have you introduced molassas yet? i find molassas helps with micro organisms in the soil making it easier for the plant to uptake micronutrients. and as far as PH i keep mine as close to 7 as possible and seem top have good results. Although ive never used foliage sprays you can benefit the ploant alot by making compost tea. Something as simple as throwing left over plant matter from veggies, tea bags , dried leaves in a gallon container with water could help out to. i let it sit for a few weeks add a little to the watering everyweek or so.ideally u want a airhose and a small air pump to keep it oxygenated.

i think with a RH at 35% u should be more then good. I have flowered in the low 50s up until the last two weeks where i brought it down to about 30ish and i had no problems at all, just use a oscillating fan or two. Are you sure that stuff is PM? Are you foliar feeding with regular tap water? It could be the material left behind from tap water after it dissolved. If you are in a dorm your water is probably loaded with shit and has a very high ppm value.

ya it goes between 34-40% RH id say. all the pm is on the bottom branches of the purple pine plant, there is none on top. so hopefully after i spray again tonight theyll be good.

So ive been spraying, PM on the purple pine is pretty much gone. keeping to RH around 37% right now.

purple pine buds:
photo_2120.JPG

kush plant has been growing a lot, one of them is sort of stunted tho;
photo_1150.JPG
photo_468.JPG
photo_378.JPG

i got another pest problem tho! found a few of these little black bugs in the hydroton of one of my kush plants

bug3.JPG

anyone recognize the bug?

thanks guys

austinb5y said:
HELP!!!!

not sure whats goin on. ive been watering about 5 days a week with the same water and stuff as usual. theyre wilting though!

Your over watering them, you should only need to water 2 or 3 times in a week. Let them dry out a bit an see if they get better, roots need oxygen.

Ya thats what i figured. im having a friend take care of them (im home for the summer). going to post pictures in a few days, im thinkin the heat isnt helping. the temps were 81 on the ground and 86-87 up top. i increased ventilation, thanks for the quick response blazin

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.:Namaste:

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!
:420:

Hey guys

I had to leave the girls with my roommate over their last four weeks and we had some serious heat issues and they all shriveled up. it was painful to see when i got back to them.. Check out my other journal though im just finishing it up this week

Hempy DS200

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom