First Grow Ever - With Bubbles Too!

Re: first grow ever...with bubbles to!

thank you! knock on wood, but this grow has been pretty straight forward with no problems..but it would have been more difficult if i didnt do so much research before i jumped into it..thank you Roseman for your articles!

so far i messed up on having the lights to close to the plants, which made them very bushy and not tall, and i didnt rotate the lights so each plant got the same light..and of course having 5 plants in one little box..next time ill only have 3..MAYBE 4 plants..

but id love to figure out what strain this plant is(probably impossible!) because it seems like one tough plant..like i said before, all the seeds sat in a mason jar in the garage not out of the sunlight for a good year, i have through out this grow just tossed the PH down right onto the roots then i stir the water,i trim the hell out of it..i topped just about every growth were it splits,and i do the super cropping technique of bending the nodes in my fingers to change the direction of the plant growth..and it keeps coming back for more!

anyways, heres some pictures
DSC_0396.JPG

just about a foot tall..probably would have been bigger if i didnt keep the lights so close at first..o well!
DSC_0394.JPG

roots still look healthy!
DSC_0393.JPG

HUGE fan leaves! this one is 7",and there many more of them
DSC_03952.JPG

i just switched them to 12/12 today, so we will see how long it takes make them start smelling :)

Also, for those who have asked what PH im at, i dont know..i just have the ph tester that is a solution and it changes colors so its not exact..but im around 5.0 and 6.0..the hydro store i bought it from just said keep it a 'piss yellow color' and it will be good..so thats what im doing haha..heck i dont even measure out my PH down when i put it in the res anymore..i just get a pinch full and it seems to be just the right amount to drop it .2

whats up hoff, they all look very healthy. i dont think you messed up by keeping the light to close. unless you have 9' or 10' ceilings the short and bushy is good in my book. my white widow was only mmmm... i think 12" when i put her in budd mode. and she ended up being about 38" when she got chopped. and at that height in my closet i had to remove a shelf in the closet to allow the light to be raised up. and if u live in a rental the you dont want to go tearing stuff apart. but cant wait to see how many sexy ladies you get. it gets real exciting from here on out. good job man +rep

and oh yeah, about using the metal halide . thats all i used throughout my whole grow. well it was a 400w and a couple cfl for side lights. i had no hps and still ended up with 4.5 + oz.s off one plant. so it definitely wont hurt to have it.

good to know that it is possible to flower with a MH light..i didnt even add the one i have because i felt it would just be to cramped in my closet..and id rather not have a bunch of lights so close..yaa they probably wouldn't get hot, but id rather just wait till my next grow and just use one light..which will be a MH/HPS..plus im looking forward to seeing how much i get from using a cheap as possible grow..ie only two CFL lights..im looking forward to seeing how much bud i get

but damn, your plants grew 16 inches in flower??? i hope mine get that big! id love to have a closet over flowing with plants ha..

also, since i switched them to flower, do i keep trimming them as i would in veg, or just let them do what they want, and just trim what ever leaves die?

yes i have...but fairly recently..currently, im raising the lights about 12 inches above the plants about 2 times a week for 24hrs each.so hopefully in about 2 weeks ill have a closet full of plants :)

o and i just picked up a better PH meter and my PH was sitting around 6.0 before, and now its at 5.3 and i check it probably every 2 hours or less each day.and my res temp sits around 67-68 degrees.

You're doing great! :thumb: I remember stopping by when you first started, there were already some great people here giving you advise so I went off to help some other new guys. Now 3 weeks later just thought I'd check in and WOW. GOOD JOB!
+reps bro

Re: First grow ever...with bubbles to!

well i figure its time for a update...

everything is going great..i cut out 3 runts(since i had 5 in the res) and i moved the plants away from each other so they both get better lighting..but both of them are female, so im very happy..i can see lots of different spots were bud should form..im stoked!!

pictures!

healthy BIG leafs!
DSC_0399.JPG

top of the main cola with bud forming
DSC_0400.JPG

close up of another bud..its funny how i couldn't see the crystals with my eye, but after taking the picture with my camera on macro i can see them!
DSC_0397.JPG

now I'm going to take a picture of the plants so you all can see how there doing

after taking out 3 plants, and separating these two, it almost looks like i haven't done anything! its a BUSH! and i hope it gets bigger :)

DSC_0403.JPG

DSC_0401.JPG

soo my ph stays at a consistent 5.8(using GH grow,micro,bloom) so i dont adjust it, since when i do, it just goes right back up to 5.8 within hours..the res temp is usually around 67-68..i have had a few days were it gets up to 72...like today since its so hot out..so i am looking at ways to cool the res down.but so far..knock on wood, the plants dont show any signs of stress.maybe they dont mind the high res temp since the air temp is perfect..78 during the day with 40% humidity..so maybe they trade the bad for the good?? i honestly think this may be the easiest plant to grow..its been through alot of abuse and it doesn't seem to mind it at all!

anyways, i got bored so i took a few pics of the bud sites..and there are a ton of them..so far I've counted 15 of them and i know there's more i just took a quick look.and i didn't count it as two if there were more than one on the main cola since they will probably form into each other and make one..stoked! ha

healthy leaves make for healthy bud!
DSC_0412.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

DSC_04081.JPG

DSC_0405.JPG

DSC_0404.JPG

they all kind of look alike, but to me each little bud site is special in its own way..awww haha..i cant wait to figure out what the hell this plant is.im guessing it will be a indica since its been a smooth ride so far, and typically indica's are more popular to grow..but who knows..

Your plants look wonderful and healthy. For a first time grower, I say you are doing a fabulous job. ;-) +REP

Smoking pot isn't an addiction, but growing it is.

Isn't that the truth!

Originally Posted by Roseman

Opps, I thought MC said that. I posted that in my grow journal. Sorry about that RM, knew it had to be you or MC. lol

Originally Posted by Roseman

Opps, I thought MC said that. I posted that in my grow journal. Sorry about that RM, knew it had to be you or MC. lol

It's OK,
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is." -- Ed Rosenthal
;)

Back
Top Bottom