First Grow Ever!

So I've decided to try and go perpetual. This being my first grow I wasn't sure which pots I was going to prefer so I got plastic and fabric 3 gallon pots. I'm already leaning my preference towards the plastic pots, as are the plants apparently. I put 1 each Green Crack and American Pie into a plastic pot and 1 each into a fabric pot. Both plants in plastic pots are substantially bigger than those in fabric pots. Also, I'm not a big fan of the bamboo stakes as they make it very hard to move around in the tent. Henceforth I shall use only plastic pots and do all lst directly thru holes on the pots lip. Hopefully this will open up the space enough that I can pull off perpetual. My light footprint exceeds the tent I use so technically I should be able to pull this off. My only concern or question is the lighting spectrum changes that the manufacturer suggests to use throughout life cycle of plant. I may call them back and them what they suggest. Anyways, so today I put into water 1 White Widow XXL and 1 Northern Lights. These too are autos and from GYO seed bank. They will go into their forever homes tomorrow and will be exactly 3 weeks to the day the first ladies sprouted.

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" -Winston Churchill- First Grow Ever!

I just broke one of the main stems on one of my biggest ladies..... I was trying to open her up a little bit to let some light and she snapped. I literally almost cried.... anyhow, hopefully she will bounce back from this but there were about 5 or 6 main colas that will be lost. It was very disappointing but I will learn from this and go forward.

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about" -Winston Churchill- First Grow Ever!

420-magazine-mobile1525066153.jpg

I just broke one of the main stems on one of my biggest ladies..... I was trying to open her up a little bit to let some light and she snapped. I literally almost cried.... anyhow, hopefully she will bounce back from this but there were about 5 or 6 main colas that will be lost. It was very disappointing but I will learn from this and go forward.

She should bounce back. Did you try and tape her back together or anything?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She should bounce back. Did you try and tape her back together or anything?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I was thinking about tape, bc I've also heard that works but I didn't see any way of doing without causing more damage and or stress. So I just took it out. With that being said I think I have a fairly decent foundation for all them as far as lst goes. They are all racing to be tops! Growing is so therapeutic. I really wanna relocate to somewhere I could do this on a much larger scale.

I think if i started a perpetual grow i would run autos, 1 big tent and 18/6 light so no need for 2 tents and 2 light schedules

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I have been watching my plants closely and I'm convinced you are correct once again. All the significant growth seems to be happening during dark cycle. I've been running 20/4. I'm wanting to switch it to 18/6. I'm hoping this will help them grow, and that 2 hours a day my light will be off and since perpetual is now the plan I think this will be best setup. My question is if I switch them is it gonna shock them. I'm thinking about switching them to 18/6 tonight.

I did that too, devastated. but proper lst and she's a beast!!! could only imagine what her full potential would have been, but she's going to be great!
420-magazine-mobile573215844.jpg

1st Ever Grow - LED - White Widow Auto

Okay so I'm getting pretty nervous about the smell. So, I may not being doing my ventilation correctly. I've been leaving the screen vent open on bottom of tent for intake and it hasn't really been an issue until lately as these ladies ate starting to smell rather potent. I really need some advice on the best way to make use of the setup I've got. The only way I've found to get negative pressure is be closing off the intake screen and then I'm not certain I'm getting enough air exchange. Ugh... any input would be greatly appreciated. I cannot afford to risk this operation due to smell......

Back
Top Bottom