First Grow From DB2600

Yay, third set of leaves :)

plant-1-noon-day-5.jpg

Plant-2-noon-day-5.jpg

Why are my plants looking droopy? :\ Should I water them? Maybe give them some really mild nutes or something? I'm waiting on my pH tester to arrive.. But, other than that, I'm not sure what I should be doing right now other than waiting to transplant them.

LOL!! You are going to be shitting bricks when they start flowering. I thought I was excited about my first grow, but it is nothing in comparison to you! That's cool, but don't overthink it. No nutes yet, these babies are too easy to fry at this stage. And definitely don't overwater, they can mold and then they just fold over, wonder if that might be what you have in the photo of the stem. I did that with the first set of seeds I germinated, only one survived, and it tried dying many times. She's a beauty now.

Either over watering or a lil heat stress, do you have holes at the bottom of these cups?

I do now.

HolySpicoli said:
LOL!! You are going to be shitting bricks when they start flowering.

Haha, I know.. This is exciting to me. I'm really already getting bored/upset with what I have going on right now and I want to get bigger HID lights and an entire hydro setup and an assortment of big black tubs of nutes but I don't have the space in my opinion. I'd need a huge fan in my closet door running full blast 24/7. I need new space.

I also need more knowledge. I've been reading the How To Grow section ever since I came here, but can anyone recommend me more reading materials?

This place is pretty much the bomb in my opinion when it comes to advice. Otherwise, I google any question I have and can find an answer pretty easily. Usually this site pops up first in my search results. I know what you mean about being excited, was out of town 3 days this week, ran to see my plants before I even greeted my dogs! LOL!! Couldn't believe the buds I found!

over the weekend I switched from 24 hours of light to a veg cycle. I partied hard as well, and left the lihts off an extra 5 hours Saturday and then another 3 on Sunday, so this week i'll be getting a timer. I also transplanted my plants into bigger pots and watered them but now my plants are looking droopy. I decided to leave the lights on for today until I go to sleep tonight.

Droopy is from a little over water most likely, let it dry out for a bit, you will know it is time to water when you can put your finger like an inch and a half under the soil and feel no wetness at all. So you are saying you are switching to 12/12? Mixing up the light too much creates stress and could make you get a hermie pretty quickly = /

SG

nooo, I accidentally disrupted the loght cycle so instead of going to an 18/6 I went back to 24/0 and I'll stay with that for a day or two. I'd post pictures of my babies but at the moment my laptop isn't working, so it might be a bit.

nooo, I accidentally disrupted the loght cycle so instead of going to an 18/6 I went back to 24/0 and I'll stay with that for a day or two. I'd post pictures of my babies but at the moment my laptop isn't working, so it might be a bit.

Alrighty man sounds good!

SG

When I saw the notification of this post and read it, well, hmmm, how do I say?? I second SanibelGreen. But not only are you running the risk of hermies, you are also slowing their progress by not being consistent with their light.

When I saw the notification of this post and read it, well, hmmm, how do I say?? I second SanibelGreen. But not only are you running the risk of hermies, you are also slowing their progress by not being consistent with their light.

I'm aware fully, it was just a 'rough' weekend, I shouldn't be partying so hard when I have such responsibilities. The light schedule was maintained well during the week but over the weekend I managed to leave to lights off an extra six hours again.. So I just decided to let them run 24/0 again until flowering. I've decided I want to flower as early as possible, regardless of the yield, because I have a new area to grow in. How early can I get away with flowering?

I'm aware fully, it was just a 'rough' weekend, I shouldn't be partying so hard when I have such responsibilities. The light schedule was maintained well during the week but over the weekend I managed to leave to lights off an extra six hours again.. So I just decided to let them run 24/0 again until flowering. I've decided I want to flower as early as possible, regardless of the yield, because I have a new area to grow in. How early can I get away with flowering?

Maybe there should be a program for growers before they grow where they have to take care of "flour marijuana" kind of like the "flour babies" our kids get in health and sex ed classes! :rofl:

I thought it was funny! :lot-o-toke: In the right frame of mind for stupid humor....

I'm not too sure about upping pics for the next few days.. I can certainly email them to you but as of now I'm still on my cellphone until I feel like buying a new power cord. Today is day number 21 since my plant first sprouted from the cup, and it's currently doing well. All in all this isn't going too badly.. I had a problem with the heat from the cfls apparently.. The edges of a few leaves fringed up. Other than that, so far so good.. I water about every two or three days, checking the soil daily to see how dry it is(i don't measure anything out btw... Lol). I still have no ph/tc or tdd or whatever tester, really I have nothing special at all. I got rid of all but my healthiest plant and I have five cfl lights @ 2700k (flowering temp.. Lol) 2 on either side and one sitting above. I don't expect much at all from this. If I get a quarter ounce of some decent reggie bush, i'll be elated. But I really have a lot in the works for this new space of mine....... Anyone experienced with construction? :p

So it's been a month and a week since my plant has sprouted. In that time, I haven't really done much in the way of gathering tools or gear to grow. I'm currently using four 23w CFL bulbs, and I've been watering every time the top few inches of soil is dry, not really paying attention to how long it's been since I last watered. I used to just fill a cup with water and a pinch of nutes but now I use 1/4th of a teaspoon in a gallon and pour the entire gallon in the bucket. I don't think I mixed enough perlite in with my soil, because the soil has felt like clay since I dumped the first gallon of water in.

Anyway, here's a pic of my plant.

Friday_Aug_13th.jpg

Here's a few problems I've been having with the plant. I've left the lights close but I don't want to move them too far away because I don't have reflectors for them, but I know the plant isn't getting enough light as it is. I still leave it under 24 hours of light. (Last night the lights were actually off for about 8 hours though. :\)

Anyway, onto the pictures.

problem_21.jpg

problem_31.jpg

problem_11.jpg

Besides the lights being close, I'm not really sure what else could be wrong. The plant seems fairly healthy otherwise :)

So it's been a month and a week since my plant has sprouted. In that time, I haven't really done much in the way of gathering tools or gear to grow. I'm currently using four 23w CFL bulbs, and I've been watering every time the top few inches of soil is dry, not really paying attention to how long it's been since I last watered. I used to just fill a cup with water and a pinch of nutes but now I use 1/4th of a teaspoon in a gallon and pour the entire gallon in the bucket. I don't think I mixed enough perlite in with my soil, because the soil has felt like clay since I dumped the first gallon of water in.

Anyway, here's a pic of my plant.

Friday_Aug_13th.jpg

Here's a few problems I've been having with the plant. I've left the lights close but I don't want to move them too far away because I don't have reflectors for them, but I know the plant isn't getting enough light as it is. I still leave it under 24 hours of light. (Last night the lights were actually off for about 8 hours though. :\)

Anyway, onto the pictures.

problem_21.jpg

problem_31.jpg

problem_11.jpg

Besides the lights being close, I'm not really sure what else could be wrong. The plant seems fairly healthy otherwise :)

Edit: Just wanted to say, 12 hours later the plant seems to have grown a half an inch.

I'm using Jack's Classic All Purpose 20-20-20, it was what I could find at the local garden shack. I also bought Bloom Booster but I only plan on using that once I bud. I don't expect much from this plant, but is it possible for me to estimate how much I will yield from this plant as it is? And I'm opening that link up right now :)

Back
Top Bottom