First Grow From DB2600

Why will the plant stretch? and should I mix in some epsom salts with my nutes for the next time I water? or should I water now with salt mixed in?

Boy, this thread is loaded with excitement! Your plants are looking good. Frankly I am surprised how good they look with minimal light. You've gotten really good advice all the way along, and stuck to it, and I think its paying off in spades!

A few thoughts/questions-

Are you still planning on making that lighting rig?

Have you decided on a nute regimen yet?

Do you have pH and ppm meters?

As far as the soil being super compacted. You can either try poking a pencil/chop stick/etc... in the soil to create some air. Or another, far more drastic, but not very difficult method might be to simply re-pot it. If you think you will continue to see drainage issues, then I would address that right now.

:goodjob::peacetwo:

My plants were about the same size as yours when I changed to 12/12 and they doubled in height. Check out this thread for more explanation of stretch: What is stretch and how can I minimize it?

Now I understand. Thank you :)

Hi Papa Green, good to see you! I would love to make the lighting rig but I don't think it's going to happen just yet. I really just want to get a 400w HPS cool tube setup, but at the moment I don't have the $330 to shell out.. However, it's a goal, and I don't want to build a rig if I'm not going to use it.. Honestly though as I sit here and think about it, I really should.

As far as a nute regiment is concerned.... not at all. I barely know anything about nutrients. My plan was to order nutes from the internet and follow whatever guide I found here, but it'd probably be better for me to wait until I start growing better bud as opposed to regular. This is what I've been doing so far:

In the beginning, I would just water with a cup of water and maybe a bit of nutes (Jack's Classics all purpose 20-20-20) Only recently (2-3 weeks) have I begun full on watering the plant with a gallon of water. The first week I used a gallon with 1/4th a teaspoon of nutes. Then the next week I watered with a gallon. I believe it's been a week and a day since I last watered, but the top few inches of soil were fairly compact until I poked a bunch of holes in the soil like you suggested. (I actually just tilled the top few inches a bit.)

As far as a ph/ppm tester goes, again, no, but I just got laid off about a week ago, and I start my new job this Sunday, so it'll be another week or two before I can even think of that.. Especially because I might have to move from where I currently am. I'm a little nervous about transporting my plant, I don't want anything bad to happen to it, or me.

Hey everyone. I just want to go ahead and say a few things, since I know now that I'm not fully prepared to keep this going. First of all, thanks to everyone that helped me out, especially Sanibel Green who's been following me since the start. Second of all, I know a lot more than I did when I first started, and I can not wait until I'm fully prepared for my next grow which will be a lot better.

And now for the matter at hand. I'm right on the edge of getting rid of my plant. I really don't want to but I have to move soon and as it stands, I DO NOT have enough light for this plant. It's currently about 3.5 feet tall and there's no way I can move it with me. Is there any way I can prune it down to maybe 2 foot tall without killing it?

Seriously, the last thing I want to do is get rid of it or throw it in the dumpster or something. I'd be heartbroken. It's still looking good despite the Mg deficiency that I haven't addressed yet and the lack of good nutes, along with the lack of light. It really is a beautiful plant (although I'm sure that has everything to do with the fact that it's MY plant.)

Man, Id say send it into flowering(12/12) and make sure its not a female. Then you wont feel as bad about tossing it out! If it is a female...then I would do everything possible to reserve a closet for a month or so. you can get one of those "wardrobe boxes" from a moving truck place like uhaul or penske for like 3 bucks....perfect to move your girl with. I am facing a move here shortly too...and I have 3 girls flowering under a HPS, and a Deep Water Culture grow that I just started a week ago. Have you looked into a do it yourself Deep Water Culture system?
I am a newbie to the whole growing thing too....and am in my learning process as well. I am very impressed by the simplicity and yield that bubble growing provides. I built my entire system(minus a few CFLs ) for under 50 dollars. All you need is a plastic storage bin, a few 5inch netpots, a small bag of hydroton(Grow media),a couple of airpumps...and some airstones! Check out the Deep Water Culture threads...Its amazing.

What a damn shame!

SanibelGreen said:
Look forward to the next grow brother!

See you there :)

HolySpiccoli said:
What a damn shame!

Trust me, I agree fully..

JRegan420 said:
Man, Id say send it into flowering(12/12) and make sure its not a female.

Well, I've been thinking. The reason I haven't put it into flower yet is because I have two other plants that I can't flower yet due to age difference (One's a seedling and one I just started vegging a couple weeks ago)

But I've just made my decision. I'm just gonna go ahead and flower both the big and small regs plants and move the seedling to my drawer while keeping a light on it. Haha. I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow to switch the lights off. I still don't have a timer, but I'll be picking one up tomorrow, along with a few more lights.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, DB2600.

I am moving this to abandoned journals.

Please feel free to start a new journal when you get the chance.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom